UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > interfering with the tree
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

When a 90lb dog runs the tree 7-8ft in the air and is landing on those trying to tree it is different than one who simply jumps at the tree. Those in the cast I think were more worried about their dogs getting injured than anything. No question was on the card because everyone knows there is no rule that covers it. Shawn was just starting a discussion on this topic.

Yes I know the rules been a master of hounds for almost twenty years. But like Jennifer stated we have a dog like she described in our area and he will absolutely run 7 to 8 ft in the air and land on the dogs around him.

And yes tyler we did have a very interesting Saturday night

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-08-2019 04:36 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blaze P.
Is not a scratchable offense. Rules are rules. If opinions scratched dogs I would never have to hunt with a piggy backer, chop mouth track dog, harry,trackman,or insane bred dog, facebarker , or babbling idiot.lol

This guy wins the award for best answer! LOL

Old Post 05-08-2019 07:07 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shawnstovall
When a 90lb dog runs the tree 7-8ft in the air and is landing on those trying to tree it is different than one who simply jumps at the tree. Those in the cast I think were more worried about their dogs getting injured than anything. No question was on the card because everyone knows there is no rule that covers it. Shawn was just starting a discussion on this topic.

Yes I know the rules been a master of hounds for almost twenty years. But like Jennifer stated we have a dog like she described in our area and he will absolutely run 7 to 8 ft in the air and land on the dogs around him.

Just a part of hunting in the hunts. Not a thing can be done. Your dog will either learn how to get out of his way, bust his head for him when he lands on him, or leave. I know it isn't what you like to expose a dog to, especially a young dog, but once again it is part of the deal. I have another solution, that I have used, but I won't post it on here LOL. I would not want to see a rule passed that allowed a judge to scratch a dog that had a tree style he didn't like. Just my opinion.

It is kind of like when your buddy is packing one around to all the hunts that you know is ill. You get tired of seeing him show up, but not much can be done, especially if the dog is light broke. You just accept it and go on. You have to decide if exposing your dog to that type behavior is worth it or not.

Old Post 05-08-2019 07:56 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Is it bad that I don’t feel bad at all when these dogs get there heads chewed off?? It makes me smile when I know that they are running up a tree and falling on dogs and then when we get there they have been ran off and take a tree minus.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 05-10-2019 04:09 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote