UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Big Named Stud Dogs?????
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John Malone
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by droopy_dog2004
Appriciate all the input. Oak Ridge I really like the rules you posted especially #3 because I believe that there is a big difference between coondogs & reproducers but having both in one package is nice to have but hard to find.
I have hunted many a night's with GrNtCh. Platinum Ch. Junior Super Stake's Ch.Davis's Stylish Harry's Hammer.Hammer is a absolute coon treeing COON HOUND!!!!!Hammer is also one of the few that is a COON Dog and a Reproucer!!!!!!

Stylish Hardwood Kennel's Home Of :
('PR' Davis's Lipper' s Dominator & 'PR' Davis Harry's Stylish Queen)
(P.K.C $252.00)
Stylish Hardwood Bank

(PCh. GrNtCh. Davis's Stylish Harry's Hammer & NTCh. East River Hardwood Dixie)
PKC Ch. NtCh. Stylish Hardwood Tyme
('PR' Lipper's Dr. Law & 'PR' TRJ Hope)
Logan's Hardwood Flo

Last edited by John Malone on 11-13-2008 at 12:30 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-12-2008 10:27 PM
John Malone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Malone Click here to Send John Malone a Private Message Click Here to Email John Malone Find more posts by John Malone Add John Malone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Sterrett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by droopy_dog2004
How many of you have ever hunted with any big named stud dogs that are talked about alot? What percent of them could actually tree a coon by themselves in style? No buckets just plain ole rough country? Just wondering cause I always here talk about how alot of big named dogs wernt and arent great coondogs themselves just great reproducers. Just curious not trying to stir up any arguements or controversial debates. Thanks

I can`t tell you about all advertised dogs, but the ones I have listed I hunted with and have almost all treed coons. A few I have seen do some great work, and others I only hunted with a time or two and don`t want to judge on one night.

I have hunted with Stylish Hammer, Rankish Cotton, Silver Dollar Stone, Big Kahuna, Wipeout Hellbilly, Nocturnal Skipper, Major High Tone, Big Timer, Maker`s Mark, Ole South`s Stylish Rebel, Wild Card, Hammering Hank, Black Creek Doc, Stylish Harry Jr,

Some of the deceased ones: Homer`s Gomer, Idios Eagle, Bad Habit, Miami River Wheeler, Miami River Coe, Black Hobie, Uchtman`s Blue Scout, Uchtman`s Blue Tyson, Sackett`s Rock, Yadkin Tat Bozo, Tar Rattler`s Joe, Black Creek Magic, Sandy Creek Jake, Hardwood Speck, Mercy Creek Thomas, Tree Pack N Pete, The Lid, Stylish Reno, Hardwood Buster II, Tree Talking Jake, Sackett`s Jack,

Some of the winning females
PCH Wipeout Ruby, PCH Big Mama, PCH Showbiz Liz, PCH Late Nite Hooker, PCH Bad to the Bone Sally, GCH Foxy Brown, PCH Swift Creek Ann, Pic Pac Pickles, PCH Hardwood Ann, PCH Mill Creek Molly, PCH Red hot Eye Knot, Death Wish.

This is just at the top of my head.

Last edited by Chris Sterrett on 11-13-2008 at 04:58 AM

Old Post 11-13-2008 12:23 AM
Chris Sterrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Sterrett Click here to Send Chris Sterrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Sterrett Find more posts by Chris Sterrett Add Chris Sterrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Kiddy
UKC Forum Member

Your welcome to hunt with Wipeout Studs Inc.

Hellbilly---------Speck---------Zeb Again

Old Post 04-01-2009 04:24 AM
Barry Kiddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Kiddy Click here to Send Barry Kiddy a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Kiddy Find more posts by Barry Kiddy Add Barry Kiddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

My uncle has told me several times that he had a chance to buy a dog that later ended up staying on top of the reproducers list for some time for 1200 dollars and didnt. Said he didnt have enough hunt in him, said he wanted to mill around for a few minutes when you turned him loose instead of going hunting. I have since raised two litters of pups off that dog and the guy that owns him now jokes with my uncle about him not buying him.

Old Post 04-01-2009 04:56 AM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJ RAYFIELD
UKC Forum Member

ole speck was raised around here bud ramsey raised him and got him and his brother jeff started and both were very impressive i was told about speck never had the opportunity to see him go but he's got to be something special i know his brother was and there is not many dogs that all that have won a quarter of what speck has brought home and put in the trophy case for his owners.

Old Post 02-17-2010 02:18 AM
TJ RAYFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJ RAYFIELD Click here to Send TJ RAYFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email TJ RAYFIELD Find more posts by TJ RAYFIELD Add TJ RAYFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

I've hunted with Treeslammin' Hillbilly and he was impressive.

Hunted with Zip Code and wasn't super impressed. He took 2nd and 2nd all night to a Blue English gyp. He had a real nice mouth, but her's was better......

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 02-17-2010 02:23 AM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

i dont know how "Big Named" he is, but a friend Tom Lechlitner had Booger Hollow Hardrive(AKA CAMPBELLS HARDDRIVE) brother to elvis,,,, at his house for a couple months and i seen him go alot, and i thought he was a pretty nice dog,,, was a slow strike dog , but almost always treed first and mostly treed alone. .. as a matter of fact, tom took him to a club hunt after he had sat in a pen for almost 2 years!! and hard drive scored 975+

by far most accurate Rat dog i hagve seen go

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Last edited by Dwils on 02-17-2010 at 03:13 AM

Old Post 02-17-2010 03:10 AM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OH Walker
UKC Forum Member

I've hunted with all 3 of the Isch's stud dogs and a couple non studs they have and before I went up there thought I had good hounds. Them boys up there got it made. But the best stud dog I've ever seen go is GrCh GrNiteCh "PR" Big Spring Creek Hair Trigger. That dog will flat tree coon every drop no matter what and iv never heard a louder or harder tree dog. He's a go getter boys. And Produces pups just like him.

Chase Gould

Old Post 02-17-2010 03:16 AM
OH Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OH Walker Click here to Send OH Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email OH Walker Find more posts by OH Walker Add OH Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJ RAYFIELD
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dwils
i dont know how "Big Named" he is, but a friend Tom Lechlitner had Booger Hollow Hardrive(AKA CAMPBELLS HARDDRIVE) brother to elvis,,,, at his house for a couple months and i seen him go alot, and i thought he was a pretty nice dog,,, was a slow strike dog , but almost always treed first and mostly treed alone. .. as a matter of fact, tom took him to a club hunt after he had sat in a pen for almost 2 years!! and hard drive scored 975+

by far most accurate Rat dog i hagve seen go

My boss Gary Beaty sold Drive to him i think he was another one of those real deal hounds

Old Post 02-17-2010 05:03 AM
TJ RAYFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJ RAYFIELD Click here to Send TJ RAYFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email TJ RAYFIELD Find more posts by TJ RAYFIELD Add TJ RAYFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k.trumble
UKC Forum Member

YEAH

IVE HUNTED WITH A FEW AND WAS DISSAPPOINTED A COUPLWE OF TIMES BUT FOR THE MOST PART I WAS IMPRESSED!!I HAD THE HONORS OF HUNTING WITH

1 GRNT CRANK IT UP
2 GRNT HARD ROCK CAFE
3 GRNT HARDWOOD HENRY
4 GRNT WALTZ ROADBLOCK
5 GRNT NIGHT HEAT HARLEY
6 GENT NIGHT HEAT EAGLE
7 GRNT STYLISH SACKETT3
8 GRNT MEADS JET 8
10 GRNT WANDO RIVER KONG
11 GRNT NY STYLISH BELLI

SOME OF THE FEMALES

1 MILL CREEK MOLLY
2 SHOW BIZ LIZ
3 SIX PAK

Old Post 02-17-2010 10:37 AM
k.trumble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for k.trumble Click here to Send k.trumble a Private Message Click Here to Email k.trumble Find more posts by k.trumble Add k.trumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Hey Kevin do you know if they still have Semen on NY Styilish Belli ???

I have really Liked him (even thou I never saw him Run) and Watched His Wins in Bloodlines ..

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 02-17-2010 12:14 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corey ryan
UKC Forum Member

i hunted with speck and he was all COONDOG very impressive hunted with stylish reno at the winter classic before too but we just didnt have a good ast where there was a lot of coons so i cant comment on him because it was just poor hunting conditions` also hunted with buck creek preacher he was a coondog too he was nice

Check out www.ryanskennel.com

Old Post 02-17-2010 12:50 PM
corey ryan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corey ryan Click here to Send corey ryan a Private Message Click Here to Email corey ryan Visit corey ryan's homepage! Find more posts by corey ryan Add corey ryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJ RAYFIELD
UKC Forum Member

also Grnitech PKC Silver Ch Hicountry Nite Slammer should have been on ripleys believe it or not!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-11-2010 09:20 PM
cbrigham
UKC Forum Member

Cold Sweat has looked good every time I seen him cut.

641-326-2200

Old Post 03-11-2010 10:00 PM
cbrigham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbrigham Click here to Send cbrigham a Private Message Click Here to Email cbrigham Find more posts by cbrigham Add cbrigham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Dancer's Northern Blue Son last year, nice dog he got out and under 2 coons & a den that nite.

As far as females go
I hunted with GRNTCH PKC CH Davis' White River Salin Sadie, real nice female. Takes her tracks as she comes to them and puts coons at the end of them.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 03-11-2010 11:09 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Family
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by c.salyers
Night Heat Abby Was Only Bred To 1 Stud Dog
and That Cross Worked But We Will Never Know If She Was A Dominant Reproducer Or Not

At Least 2 Of Her Sisters Were

Rock River Sue & Rock River Lady

is not night heat abby....... RAT ATTACK

Grand Nite Champion Turpins Stylish Rube.

Sire of World Champion "Insane Jane"

Also another--Hamptons Stylish Jewel Placing 9th in The UKC World Hunt Last Year. She Took Them to 14th Place This Year !!!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh85/HuntingFamily/100_1125.jpg

"Turpins Stylish Rube" Breeding Females with 400 million live sperm/98% motility

"High Quality Sperm, like His Dad Stylish Hickory Nut Harry" Dr. Kenneth O'Hanlon-All Pets Medical Center, Altus, Ok.

Old Post 03-11-2010 11:47 PM
Family is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Family Click here to Send Family a Private Message Find more posts by Family Add Family to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Family
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Big Named Stud Dogs?????

quote:
Originally posted by Oak Ridge

Here are the "rules"....

1. Don't believe anything that you hear about someone else's dog. Jealousy and just plain ignorance are free....while owning training, promoting and maintaining a stud dog business is an expensive, and often money losing proposition.
2. Don't pass judgment too quickly. We have all seen dogs have "bad nights"...and it happens to the best of them. I've seen some look pretty bad on one night, and phenomenal the next night...
3. Just because a stud dog can tree coon after coon...that means nothing in the breeding pen. What really matters is how do his pups do out of different females

THATS IT 100%
Thanks Joe, only a Man of integrity could put it like that, CUz That is the TRUTH. Pups out of different Females with Wins in Big hunts By different People, and lil guys with NiteChamp wins.

and everything else he wrote is 100% onit.
only a stud dog owner would know.

Grand Nite Champion Turpins Stylish Rube.

Sire of World Champion "Insane Jane"

Also another--Hamptons Stylish Jewel Placing 9th in The UKC World Hunt Last Year. She Took Them to 14th Place This Year !!!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh85/HuntingFamily/100_1125.jpg

"Turpins Stylish Rube" Breeding Females with 400 million live sperm/98% motility

"High Quality Sperm, like His Dad Stylish Hickory Nut Harry" Dr. Kenneth O'Hanlon-All Pets Medical Center, Altus, Ok.

Old Post 03-11-2010 11:50 PM
Family is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Family Click here to Send Family a Private Message Find more posts by Family Add Family to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TJ RAYFIELD
My boss Gary Beaty sold Drive to him i think he was another one of those real deal hounds

yeah hard drive was pretty nice dog all around. good lookin, good personality, real smart. Nice dog in the woods. He had Hard Drive and a female called sugar that was also grand i think. hunted with her twice. first night she ran a deer like a dog should! she burned it! next night she put the burners to our dogs and looked really nice, !!

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 03-12-2010 12:09 AM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

rat was a dog to put the tree in them

rat attack would make 10 trees and if you was luckey you mite see 4 coon.just ask buzz.cornell was in a night hunt in michigan made 10 trees in 2 houres and never had a coon in neather tree,hunt with the studes becauls a lot of them is not worth a 22 bullet but they are some good ones out there and its your job to find the rite one.most breeders will tell you wat you wount to here instead of the truth.its a money game and has been 4 a long time and it will contue.frank g. in michigan you can take to the bank wat he tells you and rob is the same verry honest people and if more breeders was this honest there would not be as much puppie milling .david boggs

Old Post 03-12-2010 12:36 AM
David Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Boggs Click here to Send David Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email David Boggs Find more posts by David Boggs Add David Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJ RAYFIELD
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dwils
yeah hard drive was pretty nice dog all around. good lookin, good personality, real smart. Nice dog in the woods. He had Hard Drive and a female called sugar that was also grand i think. hunted with her twice. first night she ran a deer like a dog should! she burned it! next night she put the burners to our dogs and looked really nice, !!

does the same guy still have ol drive??? i guess boo boo would know.

Old Post 03-12-2010 06:05 PM
John M. Horner
UKC Forum Member

David Boggs you at it again! You're forgetting Cornell was the high scoring dog up there in Michigan too!! HA!HA! Cornell is in Michigan and anybody that wants to hunt with him Tracy says come on up and bring your measuring stick!! Cornell has hunted all over the country been in alot of casts with alot of people David no way it would do me any good to lie.
Remember Cornell still holds the record for most open event money won in a month and that month he did it was JANUARY lots of leaves!!! LOL The dog that came close to breaking that record was Hellbilly and it was very sad news today that he passed!It takes a coondog to get close or hold the record!!
Cornell's pups speak for his reproducing ability,treeing coons at a young age!

Last edited by John M. Horner on 03-13-2010 at 10:28 PM

Old Post 03-13-2010 10:21 PM
John M. Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John M. Horner Click here to Send John M. Horner a Private Message Find more posts by John M. Horner Add John M. Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

john

i am not running your dog dowen .i just told wat he did in a 2 houer hunt in michigan 10 trees no coon mabey ronnies light was just no good that night,david boggs..ps he is a good looking dog i sean you had him in the barn at A O this past year there good luck with him

Old Post 03-14-2010 03:46 AM
David Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Boggs Click here to Send David Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email David Boggs Find more posts by David Boggs Add David Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melanie H.
UKC Forum Member

Cornell is the only big named dog I've hunted with.. And we didn't have a super night.. We had an average night and he didn't look like an idiot

He made me go back on my words that I would never own anything Rat Attack bred or Trackman bred.. and I only said that to defy the hype of those dogs.. I have heard (since my co-owner of my Cornell pup likes her so much she has kept her) that Nella is doing VERY well..

Ok.. I did hunt with a the.. BHM Tonto dog.. He looked pretty good that night.. Better then the other dogs on the cast (hope that doesn't offend anyone) That line of dogs is just a little big for my liking...

Hopefully I will get to hunt with some other dogs out there in Indiana again this year.. I sure do enjoy it..

You've only got 3 choices in life, give in, give up, or give it all you got.

Old Post 03-14-2010 04:57 AM
Melanie H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melanie H. Click here to Send Melanie H. a Private Message Click Here to Email Melanie H. Visit Melanie H.'s homepage! Find more posts by Melanie H. Add Melanie H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

a

lot of the slick treeing can be corected if the trainer dont spare the rod.quite petting at the tree and start wooping there ass and make them go on dont let them tree blanks and walk in there and make excuess kick there ass and send them on and you mite start training one that when it trees it will actuley have the coon most the time.a coon dog should have at least 9 out of 10 trees with the coon in it and the other tree better be a den or my dogs ass is kicked off that tree and cent on.david

Old Post 03-14-2010 06:05 AM
k.trumble
UKC Forum Member

YUP

CANT SAY IT ANY BETTER THEN THAT DAVE

Old Post 03-14-2010 01:02 PM
k.trumble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for k.trumble Click here to Send k.trumble a Private Message Click Here to Email k.trumble Find more posts by k.trumble Add k.trumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote