UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thryoid
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fast32
New UKC Forum Member

Thryoid

How or what is the symptoms of a dog having thyroid issues

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-26-2019 05:53 PM
Fast32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fast32 Click here to Send Fast32 a Private Message Find more posts by Fast32 Add Fast32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CWard
UKC Forum Member

Trailing all night, not finishing track, if they do finish track they won’t tree (get up on tree). That’s just a few symptoms I experienced with the one I have. Hope thus helps.

Old Post 07-26-2019 06:33 PM
CWard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CWard Click here to Send CWard a Private Message Find more posts by CWard Add CWard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Weight gain, lethargy and hair loss.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-26-2019 08:24 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CWard
Trailing all night, not finishing track, if they do finish track they won’t tree (get up on tree). That’s just a few symptoms I experienced with the one I have. Hope thus helps.

Sounds like what my dogs do when they are at their best, lol.

Old Post 07-26-2019 08:40 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I've had a bunch with those symptoms but the pill I gave them was lead. Problem solved.

Old Post 07-26-2019 08:47 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Fast32. Are you saying this dog was hunting and treeing coon like a normal coonhound is expected to. Then quit and started acting as you described. If that is the case then there could be a health issue.

Old Post 07-26-2019 09:57 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fast32
New UKC Forum Member

Thyroid

I run big game its like he runs outa steam an stops for water an then hes done thats where you gotta go get him ive seen you all post once oon here about the thryoid thats why i asked

Old Post 07-26-2019 10:16 PM
Fast32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fast32 Click here to Send Fast32 a Private Message Find more posts by Fast32 Add Fast32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

It could be a number of medical conditions. A vet che k up with blood work might determine the problem.

Old Post 07-26-2019 10:58 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

Re: Thyroid

quote:
Originally posted by Fast32
I run big game its like he runs outa steam an stops for water an then hes done thats where you gotta go get him ive seen you all post once oon here about the thryoid thats why i asked

do not know where you are located.. BUT I wonder if maybe your hound has heart worms.
. the symptoms mentioned by redneck Mafia and C Ward are both typical of Thyroid issues.. Have had a couple that way.
but running good then just running out of steam just might indicate heart worms..I have known several that had heart worms that had those symptoms.. Would sure have the vet check it..

" Redneck Mafia Weight gain, lethargy and hair loss.

CWard Trailing all night, not finishing track, if they do finish track they won’t tree (get up on tree). That’s just a few symptoms I experienced with the one I have. Hope thus helps

If you have not had the dog on preventative, chances are it could be heartworms... shoot me a PM

Old Post 07-27-2019 01:03 AM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Thyroid

Bought a blue female once & was meeting guy to pick her up in Hannibal, MO. When he got there, he apologized for her condition. She had been at friends' house for awhile & he thought she had bad case of mange!!! He had 'painted' her with used oil from collar to tip of tail, TRUE story.

When we got home, John couldn't stand it, so took her directly to basement shower & gave Buelah a double soapy bath. Next day, we took her to vet & he told us, she didn't have mange after taking a scrapping of bare area for sample. He then tested for thyroid, BINGO- she would chew skin like she had mange or fleas because of skin irritation. After 2 weeks of pills(1 per day), she had quit chewing on herself & hair started growing back.

2 weeks later, she won a 1st place @ zone hunt to finish to NT.CH.. Then, Sat. night scored 975+, only to lose to a 1075+ score because other dog had 2 kits up a power pole, while we had a circle tree. But morale of story is she was back @ top of her game & soon finished to GR.NT.CH. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-27-2019 04:47 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you just need a vet check. Could be many different issues such as tick illness. The thyroid could be low to cause this bit it’s important to have a vet analysis of why it’s low. Many dogs will get a low thyroid reading but aren’t really hypothyroidism dogs. Good luck and keep us posted .

Old Post 07-27-2019 03:19 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

Slick treeing!

Old Post 07-27-2019 06:24 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fast32
New UKC Forum Member

Thyroid

The dog hasnt been checked for heart worms that was my second guess i give him a round of the best worming pill the vet had to gonna give it time to run thro him take an run him he does it agian take him to get checked for heart worms

Old Post 07-27-2019 07:52 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Thyroid

quote:
Originally posted by Driftwoodblue
do not know where you are located.. BUT I wonder if maybe your hound has heart worms.
. the symptoms mentioned by redneck Mafia and C Ward are both typical of Thyroid issues.. Have had a couple that way.
but running good then just running out of steam just might indicate heart worms..I have known several that had heart worms that had those symptoms.. Would sure have the vet check it..

" Redneck Mafia Weight gain, lethargy and hair loss.

CWard Trailing all night, not finishing track, if they do finish track they won’t tree (get up on tree). That’s just a few symptoms I experienced with the one I have. Hope thus helps

If you have not had the dog on preventative, chances are it could be heartworms... shoot me a PM

My hunting buddy bought one a few months ago same symptoms was heart worms.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-27-2019 09:37 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote