UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > TIme out Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dmack8
UKC Forum Member

TIme out Question

Last night the cast were in discussion and the question asked if shock collar could be used to retrieve the dog under a timeout?
Answers? ukc or pkc??

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2013 01:10 AM
dmack8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmack8 Click here to Send dmack8 a Private Message Click Here to Email dmack8 Find more posts by dmack8 Add dmack8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

No

Old Post 02-25-2013 01:11 AM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmack8
UKC Forum Member

ok

ok thanks, They were talking about it being added in pkc. I didn't think it was allowed. Thanks

Old Post 02-25-2013 01:13 AM
dmack8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmack8 Click here to Send dmack8 a Private Message Click Here to Email dmack8 Find more posts by dmack8 Add dmack8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LIL-E
UKC Forum Member

If time is out I can get mine back and you will never know if I used the shocker!

Old Post 02-25-2013 01:13 AM
LIL-E is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LIL-E Click here to Send LIL-E a Private Message Find more posts by LIL-E Add LIL-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ghosthunter50
UKC Forum Member

You can, but you gotta withdraw first lol

Old Post 02-25-2013 01:20 AM
ghosthunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ghosthunter50 Click here to Send ghosthunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by ghosthunter50 Add ghosthunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ghosthunter50
You can, but you gotta withdraw first lol

I would also ad that even if you withdraw you can't use it unless all the other dogs are handled first. Doing so could get you further discipline from UKC. Not that I care personally if you roast your dog, but it is listed in Rule 20.

Old Post 02-25-2013 01:43 AM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

You can use it in time out in pkc.

Old Post 02-25-2013 01:58 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VA BLUEDOGS
UKC Forum Member

shocker

Part of me says you should be able to use em but the other part of me has seen a dog fight started by a shocker. Two dogs were trailing together, a guy shocked one to bring him back cause he thought they were runnin junk. When he hit the button all hell broke loose. I reckon the dog that got shocked thought the other dog did it. Jus like all the other rules, you cant have grey area. Jus my opinion.

Old Post 02-25-2013 02:01 AM
VA BLUEDOGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA BLUEDOGS Click here to Send VA BLUEDOGS a Private Message Find more posts by VA BLUEDOGS Add VA BLUEDOGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Troy Arnold
UKC Forum Member

I thought UKC rule is you can NOT even wear a shock collar in a hunt thats why you cant use Garmin Alphas. Cant use it if your dog cant wear them.

Redbones
CH Baptist Baxter
Baptist Bella

Old Post 02-25-2013 02:48 AM
Troy Arnold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Troy Arnold Click here to Send Troy Arnold a Private Message Click Here to Email Troy Arnold Find more posts by Troy Arnold Add Troy Arnold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tja51horns
I thought UKC rule is you can NOT even wear a shock collar in a hunt thats why you cant use Garmin Alphas. Cant use it if your dog cant wear them.
You need to go back and read the rule again.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-25-2013 02:50 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riveroakblk&tan
UKC Forum Member

transmitter

You are thinking about carrying transmitter Troy

Old Post 02-25-2013 02:51 AM
riveroakblk&tan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riveroakblk&tan Click here to Send riveroakblk&tan a Private Message Click Here to Email riveroakblk&tan Find more posts by riveroakblk&tan Add riveroakblk&tan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LIL-E
UKC Forum Member

Like I said before you or a spectator that is with me will ever know. Because only I will know.

Old Post 02-25-2013 03:03 AM
LIL-E is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LIL-E Click here to Send LIL-E a Private Message Find more posts by LIL-E Add LIL-E to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Troy Arnold
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Im not competition hunter. Thinking about it but man rules , rules,and more rules it hard to learn enough to enter a hunt!!!! So much for hunting being fun haha. How would someone know if you just hid the transmitter in your coat?

Redbones
CH Baptist Baxter
Baptist Bella

Old Post 02-25-2013 03:27 AM
Troy Arnold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Troy Arnold Click here to Send Troy Arnold a Private Message Click Here to Email Troy Arnold Find more posts by Troy Arnold Add Troy Arnold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeepsandGsds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LIL-E
Like I said before you or a spectator that is with me will ever know. Because only I will know.
people like you give the sport a bad name but if if wana put a title on a dog know you cheated then it just show what kind of person that you truly.

Chelsey's Black Zelda - Gsd
Lola von Miller - Gsd
Agladia vom Schwarz - Gsd
Majors screamin Cade- Walker
Goose creek Daisy - walker

Old Post 02-25-2013 12:26 PM
JeepsandGsds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JeepsandGsds Click here to Send JeepsandGsds a Private Message Click Here to Email JeepsandGsds Find more posts by JeepsandGsds Add JeepsandGsds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustinH23
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tja51horns
Sorry Im not competition hunter. Thinking about it but man rules , rules,and more rules it hard to learn enough to enter a hunt!!!! So much for hunting being fun haha. How would someone know if you just hid the transmitter in your coat?

You'll be ok. There are far fewer rules to hunts than there are to driving laws, and I'd venture a guess you probably drive every day?

Proud member of the Deer Creek Cartel

Founding Member of the BSKC. Making coon hunting great again.

Home of:

`PR` B$C Clifford (BoonexCopper)
`PR` Johnson Branch Stub (GitXCree)

Old Post 02-25-2013 02:25 PM
JustinH23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinH23 Click here to Send JustinH23 a Private Message Click Here to Email JustinH23 Find more posts by JustinH23 Add JustinH23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueboy90
UKC Forum Member

Good hunting with you dustin.wish we would have had a better hunt

PAST
PKC STATE CHAMPION NITECH CH ONCE IN A BLUE MOON JUNE
2014 PKC NATIONAL FEMALE LEADER GRNTCH GOLD CH INDIAN RIVER CREAM

Old Post 02-25-2013 02:34 PM
blueboy90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueboy90 Click here to Send blueboy90 a Private Message Click Here to Email blueboy90 Find more posts by blueboy90 Add blueboy90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmack8
UKC Forum Member

same to you

I enjoyed the hunt, it was one of those deals. We stayed dry for the most part. Thats a plus. See you down the road.

Old Post 02-25-2013 05:42 PM