UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > And it all went downhill from there.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

And it all went downhill from there.

Had a good race about 975 yards dogs got treed we was able to drive within 150 yards of the tree I crossed the fence walked 10 yards the grass was high I fell in a deep hog root hole my light came off went on to the tree and found the coon went back to the truck was halfway back home we had to drive 30 miles to hunt because to much water went to raise up my glasses I didn’t have any went to call my wife and I had left my phone home. Now I got to drive up there and try and find them.

I tried to call her on Ralph’s phone she wouldn’t answer on the third try I think I heard her say just roll him off in a hole he is insured she denied it tho lol.

Getting old ain’t it somthing.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-09-2019 01:14 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Guess I got to go buy new glasses.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:06 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Was the dogs sounding good!!! Lol

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:10 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by 2ol2hunt
Was the dogs sounding good!!! Lol

Shoot yeah they was driving that coon at a high rate of speed and my young dog was knocking the top out of that tree I couldn’t get there fast enough then blap man down lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:25 PM
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I love the point right when they locate the right tree and they know it!

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:44 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I lost my glasses, and on a different day my hat and license while fishing. I bought a string for my glasses that goes around my neck and pin my hat to my shirt.

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:51 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I am afraid to laugh at you, even though this is a funny story, I know if I laugh that Karma will catch up with me. Sorry about your glasses nothing funny about that. My fishing buddy lost his cell phone while netting a fish the other night. He had the cell phone in his shirt pocket but forgot to button the pocket, bent over to net the fish and splash the cell phone went into the lake. We tend to remember these events much longer as they cost us money. Material things can always be replaced, we break easier as we age and take longer to heal. Dave

Old Post 07-09-2019 07:21 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I lost a $350 camera in Chillicothe MO, took some awesome pictures of dogs treed beside a big creek but camera never made it back to the truck.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-09-2019 08:01 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Lost an axe cover on a mountain one night and about two years later found it when we stopped to rest! Lol

Old Post 07-09-2019 08:25 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Lost a pair of glassed one night, and a year later found them in the middle of a dirt road. twisted up badly. Believe it or not, I straightened them out and used them when I lost the new pair I had bought to replace these.

Old Post 07-09-2019 10:11 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I have a good cellphone lost story. I dropped mine in a porta-potty in May. I came home and called the insurance company. They told me if I dropped it and broke it or if it had water damage, it was covered; but wasn't covered if I lost it. I told them I knew exactly where it was, just wasn't able to get it out. I called the place where I lost it and asked if they could try to get it. They were having a weekend trail ride and said it wouldn't be until the middle of the week before it was cleaned. They called the next weekend and told me they found it, do I sent it on and got a check for what I paid for it.

Old Post 07-09-2019 11:44 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Rex Ridge

Now that is pure nasty right there!!! Did you wear plastic gloves to box it up up???

Was at Bluetick Reunion several years ago and about half way through cast, I thought something was wrong with vision in right eye. Reached up & put my finger thru the frame!!! Little screw had come loose & lens was gone. Sure glad I had old pair in console of truck, For emergency use or it would have been a long drive home. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-09-2019 11:58 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rex Ridge

quote:
Originally posted by Rolin Blues
Now that is pure nasty right there!!! Did you wear plastic gloves to box it up up???

ABSOLUTELY!!

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:03 AM
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

I'm a loser to....

......I was coon hunting one night in mid Nov. of 1984. One of those cold frosty nights here in the NE. Had a 6 year old bluetick female and her 18 month old daughter. They struck hard out the back of the truck on an old dirt road and I dumped them. The young dog struck in first and they didn't go far and treed up solid. Had a nice big coon in a hemlock. Hides were prime and a good big prime coon would net me $35-$45. Shot it out and tied the dogs back after letting them wool it over a bit. I always skinned my coon in the woods while they were warm so I tied the dogs back and in about 4-5 mins had the hide off. Rolled it up and slid it into my knapsack and reached down for a hand full of leaves to wipe my hands and knife off with.

When I got home and was washing up I came to the realization my wedding ring was gone. My heart sank! My wife had just put it on my finger in August of 1984! Went to bed and got up at daylight and headed back to the spot where I'd skun the coon. Got back to the tree and there was a thick layer of fallen leaves where I'd hung up the coon to skin. I said "I don't have a prayer of finding my ring". Then I said "Lord, this is a pretty small thing in the scope of life matters but I could use your help finding this ring". Opened my eyes, cast a glance in several places and fixed on a spot that looked close to where I thought I threw that hand full of leaves. Got down on my hands and knees and turned over a few leaves and there it laid! 35 years later that ring is still on my finger and we're still married to each other! Came out a winner on that deal........with the ring and the wife! 😉

Last edited by DL NH on 07-10-2019 at 03:23 AM

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:19 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dan

God is great! Now that was a good story with a happy ending, the kind we all like to read. Mine wedding ring has been on so long that I don't think it will come off, seems like my fingers have gotten bigger. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:28 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Dad always said "Getting old ain't for sissies"!

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 07-10-2019 12:18 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I was hunting one night about a month ago. My dog got treed and I went and got her. When I got back to my Jeep and started to drive off I realized that I didn't have my glasses on. I used my Garmin to retrace my steps to where I had fallen down which I do once or twice a night now. There were my glasses. Garmins are good for more than finding your dog.

Old Post 07-10-2019 01:00 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote