UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Small tree dogs for squirrel maybe coon
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ProudOkie
New UKC Forum Member

Small tree dogs for squirrel maybe coon

Well as much as I want a big dog like a hound or maybe a cur, I only have small tracts of land to hunt. Who has ideas or pictures for a small frame tree dog I can hit small woods with and not be done hunting the entire property in 10 minutes??!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2021 11:55 PM
ProudOkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ProudOkie Click here to Send ProudOkie a Private Message Click Here to Email ProudOkie Find more posts by ProudOkie Add ProudOkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jo-nathan 10
Banned

Small dog

Get you a mountain fiest there small smart an gamy they tree squirrels possums and coon easy to handle and bout train them selves there fun to hunt and start there self pretty quick they hunt in and around you and if they are like mine they get t nice mouths mine was treeing squirrel at four months without any help from me check em out

Old Post 08-25-2021 02:10 PM
jo-nathan 10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jo-nathan 10 Click here to Send jo-nathan 10 a Private Message Click Here to Email jo-nathan 10 Find more posts by jo-nathan 10 Add jo-nathan 10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ProudOkie
New UKC Forum Member

Re: Small dog

You know I have seen a bunched of feist and have a buddy trying to sell me some...but dang those upright ears are just plain ugly (no offense feist guys lol). I would like to get one with tipped ears mabye that will make me feel more hound like

quote:
Originally posted by jo-nathan 10
Get you a mountain fiest there small smart an gamy they tree squirrels possums and coon easy to handle and bout train them selves there fun to hunt and start there self pretty quick they hunt in and around you and if they are like mine they get t nice mouths mine was treeing squirrel at four months without any help from me check em out

Old Post 08-25-2021 10:07 PM
ProudOkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ProudOkie Click here to Send ProudOkie a Private Message Click Here to Email ProudOkie Find more posts by ProudOkie Add ProudOkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jo-nathan 10
Banned

Fiest

They don’t all come like that mine isn’t like that even though I’m like it send me your number I’ll send you a picture of him and he has a really good mouth for a 18 pound dog naturally bobtail who’s your friend I’d love a nice looking female pup young dog or maybe the right thing older dog

Old Post 08-26-2021 01:56 PM
jo-nathan 10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jo-nathan 10 Click here to Send jo-nathan 10 a Private Message Click Here to Email jo-nathan 10 Find more posts by jo-nathan 10 Add jo-nathan 10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

I agree I’d look at a feist,laika, or I even have had fox terriers that would tree anything they saw

Old Post 08-26-2021 05:02 PM
Andy212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/13935581289 This is a pretty active site. There is always someone offering puppies.

Old Post 10-20-2021 05:03 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpetty
UKC Forum Member

I am a Laika dog guy for the last twelve years. They will tree or hunt anything you want to hunt. I got away from feist because of the coyotes tried to kill my fiest. They seem to leave Laikas alone but that doesn't mean a pack wouldn't try. I recommend you get this book on Amazon by my friend Vladimir Beregovoy called Hunting Laika Breeds of Russia before buying a Laika. It will help you make a decision on your needs.

Old Post 11-02-2021 01:37 PM
dpetty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dpetty Click here to Send dpetty a Private Message Click Here to Email dpetty Find more posts by dpetty Add dpetty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpetty
UKC Forum Member

I am a Laika dog guy for the last twelve years. They will tree or hunt anything you want to hunt. I got away from feist because of the coyotes tried to kill my fiest. They seem to leave Laikas alone but that doesn't mean a pack wouldn't try. I recommend you get this book on Amazon by my friend Vladimir Beregovoy called Hunting Laika Breeds of Russia before buying a Laika. It will help you make a decision on your needs.

Old Post 11-02-2021 01:37 PM
dpetty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dpetty Click here to Send dpetty a Private Message Click Here to Email dpetty Find more posts by dpetty Add dpetty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hsleopards
New UKC Forum Member

Little dogs

If you've not found alittle dog to suit you try a kemmer hybrid their anywhere from 15 to 35 lb and can catch anything hunting buddies mine will make a squirrel and do good on coon as long as she don't have to beat around on cold feeder track I've also caught bear alone with her fun little dogs if you want pics txt me 865 228 0885

Old Post 11-27-2021 10:22 PM
hsleopards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hsleopards Click here to Send hsleopards a Private Message Click Here to Email hsleopards Find more posts by hsleopards Add hsleopards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ProudOkie
New UKC Forum Member

Re: Little dogs

quote:
Originally posted by hsleopards
If you've not found alittle dog to suit you try a kemmer hybrid their anywhere from 15 to 35 lb and can catch anything hunting buddies mine will make a squirrel and do good on coon as long as she don't have to beat around on cold feeder track I've also caught bear alone with her fun little dogs if you want pics txt me 865 228 0885

Ya those r cool Lil dogs. I made the mistake of letting the wife get a mini schnauzers now she wants to breed terriers lol

Old Post 11-27-2021 11:12 PM
oaktreeplanter
UKC Forum Member

I really like the small Stephens Stock Mountain Curs. Some lines of them are under thirty pounds, they all have lop ears, and mine have good mouths to be such little dogs. They hunt well, listen to the hunter, love to catch squirrels and coons and are just hard to beat.

Old Post 12-02-2021 05:43 PM
oaktreeplanter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oaktreeplanter Click here to Send oaktreeplanter a Private Message Find more posts by oaktreeplanter Add oaktreeplanter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oaktreeplanter
UKC Forum Member

I really like the small Stephens Stock Mountain Curs. Some lines of them are under thirty pounds, they all have lop ears, and mine have good mouths to be such little dogs. They hunt well, listen to the hunter, love to catch squirrels and coons and are just hard to beat.

Old Post 12-02-2021 05:43 PM
oaktreeplanter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oaktreeplanter Click here to Send oaktreeplanter a Private Message Find more posts by oaktreeplanter Add oaktreeplanter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

I have never had one, but always wanted to try a nice elkhound. My pap had one that he coonhunted and she was a dandy little dog.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 01-16-2022 01:59 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyblackdogman
UKC Forum Member

Try the Stephens cut mine weight around 35 lbs and have heart and grit

Psalms 119:89

Old Post 01-17-2022 12:13 AM
kyblackdogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyblackdogman Click here to Send kyblackdogman a Private Message Click Here to Email kyblackdogman Find more posts by kyblackdogman Add kyblackdogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote