UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tar here is something to think about. $100,000
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cole run
UKC Forum Member

Unless I can't read and am stupid this is a benefit for our post 9/11 veterans. If I had the money I would go in a heart beat . These local clubs have benefit hunts all the time to help people out just not of this magnitude. Some of you guys are so worried getting cheated out of the money that your missing the reason for the hunt , like I said if I could afford it I would be there ,my way of saying thank you for being willing to lay your life on the line for our country. NOT A WASTE AT ALL as someone put it. Here is their mission - taken directly from their website:
OUR MISSION
The mission of It’s About The Warrior Foundation is to assist and empower ALL post 9/11 veterans and their families from the Tri-State Area, not just wounded or combat veterans, with our financial grant, home improvement, therapeutic, and outreach programs thus, leading them to a successful and enriched life.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:07 AM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Cole run

Aopreciate the way you think! We need that kind of support for our veterans. I am a combat veteran ( Vietnam ) and lend my support to various veteran groups, they deserve all the support they can get. Dave

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:54 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I will join in on a team. Contact me if serious. Great cause.

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:35 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

I'm a Iraq veteran I have a nice 2yr old out of bookem danno please pm me I have no issues putting in my share of the entry and transportation to the hunt !!! Pm me if your serious about building a team up ..lets get togather run some hounds and figure out the best ones to enter !!! Let's do it boys get a hold of me !!!!

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:47 AM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

We have some time let me see if I can get it together and I will go in on it too just have to see if I can come up with the cash

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:56 AM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

High ridge Cole run ...we have a team right here if u guys are serious get a hold of me

Old Post 01-19-2018 05:01 AM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
s i treedog
UKC Forum Member

Big spike what kind of dog u have for this hunt we have 2 guys need another from southern illinois i believe we could do good in this with our plotts that we got

Old Post 01-19-2018 05:07 AM
s i treedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s i treedog Click here to Send s i treedog a Private Message Find more posts by s i treedog Add s i treedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

I have a 2yr old red dog out of bookem danno ....good solid dependable hound !

Old Post 01-19-2018 05:08 AM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Hey Carson

Let’s get a team together for this!!! We should be able to tree a couple Coon.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:09 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I am starting a team. I need 2 people to send me $1,700 each.

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Richard L

Are you serious?

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:56 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Meyer, are you getting ready to write a check? Do you really think that I could get someone to send me $1,700? I might not even still be alive next December. This hunt sounds like the organizers have great intentions but there sure are a lot of holes in their plan.
Is the $100,000 first place guaranteed or is that based on 120 entries? They would have to have 20 teams able to put up $5,000 ea just to break even.
Will they pay the judges and where in the world will they get that many non hunting judges that would have enough integrity not to be "bought" when $100,000 Is on the line? And these judges will have to be available to go 6 hrs for 3 nights.
Do they really have enough hunting spots for that many hunters to hunt 6 hrs for 3 nights? When you draw your "location", what happens when you have hunted it out in 2-3 hrs?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 01-19-2018 at 04:39 PM

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:25 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Richard, I am not sure about the holes. But I will agree there is a lot of time between now and then and that has derailed a lot of plans.

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:29 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Takes a real coondog to win this one not a scorecard hound

Of course everyone is skeptical ...when they take away " playing the game " .. .gets people scared to compete when the only way to win is a real coon being knocked out and tagged to take back at the end of the hunt !!

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:33 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Richard me and Elvis wanted you on our team .......... But we had to rethink it ............ Bruce has a drone could be usefull I ain't seen nothing that says we can't use it.

Tar

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:38 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I can BS you but Elvis has hunted with my dogs. He sure doesn't want me on his team. I wonder if side by sides will be allowed?

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:42 PM
cole run
UKC Forum Member

Well Richard instead of trying to help out and do something for a worthy cause why don't you just keep being negative and keep bashing the hell out of it , that will definitely help them fill the entries. Your glass isn't half full it isn't half empty it's smashed😢😢😢

Last edited by cole run on 01-19-2018 at 09:48 PM

Old Post 01-19-2018 09:26 PM
yadkintar
Banned

In defence of Richard I don't think he is bashing at all I think he is just asking questions that's a lot of money and between now and the hunt you need to be transparent not defensive its for a good cause and I applaud y'all. Far as me and him we go at each other but that's just our way of saying hi how you doing lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-19-2018 09:43 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

My eyes are getting bad.
What does it say about possums?

Old Post 01-19-2018 10:07 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am sure us cheaters and the judge can come to a mutual understanding lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-19-2018 10:10 PM
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

If everything is honest I just wonder what kind of dogs it would take to win? I don’t think automatic strike deep and lonely would do it.might create more demand for a coondog that’s only quirk was treeing a bunch of coons if this kind of hunt can actually cut out cheating. Maybe judge should video every tree

Old Post 01-19-2018 11:19 PM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
OK to verify some things about this hunt.

1) you may have a 3 man team with up to 4 dogs, but you can only hunt 1 dog at a time.

2) there has to be the judge at your tree before you can kill the coon.

3) you can only kill 1 coon per tree.

4) no one but the judge can handle the coons

5) if you're from out of state your chances of hunting public ground are very very high. Even if you bring your own guide it won't matter because your name gets drawn lottery style.

I've talked a great deal about this hunt today with the guys hosting it. I don't think they'll get very many entries personally. Not many can come up with 5k. And since your name gets drawn lottery style there's no telling where you'd be hunting. I can see a couple ways there's going to be cheating no matter the rules.

I hope #4 doesn't mean the poor old judge has to carry all the coons

Old Post 01-19-2018 11:27 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

A man of modest means

Well don't know about the check right now BUT it would be worth thinking about it IF Tar, Elvis and their choice for a third party would come to pass. I sure would put a little money to see that happen.

Old Post 01-20-2018 02:37 AM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

Since coon are going to be killed are people from out of state going to be required to buy a Ohio non-resident hunting license?

Old Post 01-20-2018 04:47 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: A man of modest means

quote:
Originally posted by H. L. Meyer
Well don't know about the check right now BUT it would be worth thinking about it IF Tar, Elvis and their choice for a third party would come to pass. I sure would put a little money to see that happen.

Us winning that thing would be like sombody winning the powerball lottery lol. But we wouldn't have no problem coming up with dogs to go hunting by their selfs and tree coons in Ohio. Because we are the original O.G's west side cripples we know how to get all gang related and stuff lol.

In the hood

Tar

Old Post 01-20-2018 12:01 PM