UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tracker classic 2 dog ???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Velocity
UKC Forum Member

Tracker classic 2 dog ???

Just wondering what Batteries everyone is using in the Unit and Collars. I'm happy with the unit but it seems a little short on range. Seems that when i turn the dial up past 6 or 7 I get slight interferance. I have regular Energizer 9 volts in the unit and 1 3.6 in the collars. Just wondering if i went to Alkaline in the unit and 2 short 3.6's in the collars what kind of difference i would get. Any input would be helpful. I bought this unit used, 1 year old for cheap from a guy i know. Its in good shape but it seems anything over 1 mile i'm not sure it would pick the collars up. The area i hunt is not flat but its not like i'm hunting Mountains iether.

PR Thunder Struck Moon Shine
(GRCH GRNITECH'PR' ROCK RIVER THUNDER X NITECH BEAVER RUN HOLLY)

Wicked one Little Camo Petey
(Wicks Camo Comet X Wick's Camo Catch)

Chester/Berks Coon Hunters

Morgantown,Pa 484 467 6061(cell)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-20-2009 12:00 AM
Velocity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Velocity Click here to Send Velocity a Private Message Click Here to Email Velocity Find more posts by Velocity Add Velocity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

Use the fine tuneing dial to fine tune it to each collar and get a happy medium between the two. The half AA's will get more range but the batteries don't last as long. You shouldn't have any trouble getting several miles on flat or were you can get above the collars but if they get in a creek bed or treeing in a hole then you just have problems. Best thing is to put the collars on a fence and drive off. Then go play with it. Get it tuned in and use to it.
That being said there is a mile of road a wase from here that no one can get any reading on for some reason. No great elec. lines or nothing but I have talked to several that have differant kinds of systems and none of them work on that one strech of road.
I ordered a Garmin today I will see how it does. It is the perfect place to find your dog. The mile section is all down hill from there. Go figure. UFO I think.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 11-20-2009 12:24 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Velocity
UKC Forum Member

Thanks OKIE... I also want to get a GARMIN soon but i just could not refuse the deal i got on this and decided to play with it. Also its always on my side instead of sitting in the truck like the old one i had. What part of OK are you from? I lived in Checotah(SE OKLA) for about 8 years . Back before Carrie Underwood (LOL) Actualy lived just around the corner from Shady Grove Coon Club (It was a church when i lived there)

Last edited by Velocity on 11-20-2009 at 01:37 AM

Old Post 11-20-2009 01:02 AM
Velocity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Velocity Click here to Send Velocity a Private Message Click Here to Email Velocity Find more posts by Velocity Add Velocity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

Here is a video on Frequency Drift & Tuning to the Classic.

http://www.coondawgs.com/forum/view...=28&t=98827

Old Post 11-20-2009 01:06 AM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Velocity
Thanks OKIE... I also want to get a GARMIN soon but i just could not refuse the deal i got on this and decided to play with it. Also its always on my side instead of sitting in the truck like the old one i had. What part of OK are you from? I lived in Checotah(SE OKLA) for about 8 years . Back before Kerry Underwood (LOL) Actualy lived just around the corner from Shady Grove Coon Club (It was a church when i lived there)

I live in North Central ( Tonkawa). I am headed up to your country in a few weaks though. Going to Stigler to the hunt there I Dec. You ought to come home for it.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 11-20-2009 01:14 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Velocity
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure I'll be back soon (My dad is burried out there and my oldest Brother still lives there aswell). I would like to try scheduling a vacation around Battle of the breeds. I have played with the Frequency dial and thought i had it close (kinda in between each collar) which are somewhat close.I think i will spend the money on the 2 3.6's for the collars, when these get low.Probably won't be able to afford a Garmin till spring so i'll keep playing with this for know. Thanks for the input guys.

Old Post 11-20-2009 01:43 AM
jerryz
UKC Forum Member

I bought mine used as well and had to order a new collor then about a month later I had a problem picking up the new coolor I sent it in to tracker and they replaced the collor and tuned the unit up replaced all the bateries and gave me a new case and this only cost around 40 bucks they are a very good company to work with

Old Post 11-20-2009 03:06 AM
jerryz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerryz Click here to Send jerryz a Private Message Click Here to Email jerryz Find more posts by jerryz Add jerryz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OKTREEDOG
UKC Forum Member

Get you a Marshall collar to use with the tracker and you should be fine.

Old Post 11-21-2009 06:24 AM
OKTREEDOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OKTREEDOG Click here to Send OKTREEDOG a Private Message Find more posts by OKTREEDOG Add OKTREEDOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote