UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog food (puppy food)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Dog food (puppy food)

We are currently feeding diamond naturals large breed puppy food but have noticed that they all have runny poo!!!! What food would y’all recommend? No we will not be using Purina pro plain not my opinion I would feed that but he doesn’t want to because what we heard about Purina. Well anyway what would y’all recommend?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-09-2019 06:41 PM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

Got the runs

I think id worm em good...

Patrick Barrett

Old Post 11-09-2019 06:55 PM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

So you think it’s worms? Also what kind of wormer would you recommend?

Old Post 11-09-2019 07:36 PM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

Go to my thread on the x breed dogs and pups there are pictures of the litter I just raised started them on Purina puppy chow with milk replacer for calves then Purina pro plan sport they are healthy as can be

Old Post 11-09-2019 08:56 PM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Puppy wormer Nemex II, puppy food, Canine X....

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 11-09-2019 09:37 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog food (puppy food)

quote:
Originally posted by Jessica knight
We are currently feeding diamond naturals large breed puppy food but have noticed that they all have runny poo!!!! What food would y’all recommend? No we will not be using Purina pro plain not my opinion I would feed that but he doesn’t want to because what we heard about Purina. Well anyway what would y’all recommend?

How old are the pups and what wormer have you used?

Old Post 11-09-2019 10:42 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Worm pups once a week starting at 2 or 3 weeks until 9 weeks old and then keep a close eye on them...you can worm less as they get older...also worm the mama on account you want to break the worm cycle worm her along with pups as long as they are still sucking mama’s milk...

Nemex 2 will only kill hook worms and roundworms and the hookworms are the worst by far...they kill puppies pretty quick by sucking the blood out of them...you can check the gums and if they look pale chances are they are anemic on account of hookworms.

Roundworm symptoms usually the pups are losing a little weight yet have a big belly...

With worms the pups usually have diarrhea...

If you see little white worms about quarter inch long in the stool it will be tape worms...it takes a different wormer to kill them...if you have fleas on the dogs more than likely they will have tapes unless you worm often for them...

Even when worming grown dogs you worm 10 days later...the idea here is that the first worming kills the worms and the second worming kills the newly hatched worm eggs but before they get old enough to lay eggs...

You can buy nemex 2 at tractor supply (active ingredient is Pyrantel Pamoate) for 20 bucks and you can worm 100 pounds of puppies and dogs...or you can buy Strongid paste (pyrantel pamoate) for 10 bucks for the horse wormer and worm 1200 pounds of dogs and puppies with it...

Old Post 11-09-2019 11:26 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

Had the same issue with that food. Put them on 4 health and they looked great with solid stool. Keep them wormed.

Old Post 11-10-2019 02:01 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by River Birch Run
Had the same issue with that food. Put them on 4 health and they looked great with solid stool. Keep them wormed.

Me too. I like diamond naturals beef for adult dogs but not much luck with the puppy food.

Old Post 11-10-2019 05:01 PM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

pride

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook
Treacle Creek Kennels And Hunting Supply
https://treaclecreekhuntingsupply.com

Old Post 11-10-2019 05:45 PM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Purina puppy chow

Not all about Purina, but had good results with Purina puppy chow.
Imagine hundreds of thousands of pups grew up on it over the years.
Be careful not to grow them too fast, just keep them healthy looking. Growing too fast can cause issues down the road in medium to large breed dogs.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:08 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Yeah the puppies we have are about 4 months old and one is 3 months old . I don’t know what wormer was used before. But the puppies look amazing on the food it’s just the Pooh I a can’t get over, I have tried talking my boyfriend in to using the Purina pro plan but he absolutely refuses to try it. Maybe I can get him to switch it over.

Old Post 11-11-2019 04:08 PM
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Yeah the puppies we have are about 4 months old and one is 3 months old . I don’t know what wormer was used before. But the puppies look amazing on the food it’s just the Pooh I a can’t get over, I have tried talking my boyfriend in to using the Purina pro plan but he absolutely refuses to try it. Maybe I can get him to switch it over.

Old Post 11-11-2019 04:08 PM
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

Victor in the teal colored bag was great for me.

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 11-11-2019 04:18 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

We feed Purina One Smartblend, our pup is almost a yr old and he hasn't had any problems with it.

Old Post 11-11-2019 08:36 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote