UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cajun Rougarou Light
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Cajun Rougarou Light

The rougarou (or Roo-garou) is a monster from Cajun folklore. In the legend, this beast is often described as having the body of a man and the head of a wolf or a dog and prowls Louisiana swamps.

Guys if you are in the market for a new Light definitely check out Cajun Lights. I purchased the Rougarou at Autumn Oaks and absolutely love mine. It is bright, and has the green laser. You will not be disappointed in it. PLUS Cajun Light Company stands behind their products with great customer service. The only non Cajun Light I ever owned was a Wick Light. I won’t use any other light.

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-10-2021 01:43 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
3Rivers
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cajun Rougarou Light

quote:
Originally posted by mike shannon
The rougarou (or Roo-garou) is a monster from Cajun folklore. In the legend, this beast is often described as having the body of a man and the head of a wolf or a dog and prowls Louisiana swamps.

Guys if you are in the market for a new Light definitely check out Cajun Lights. I purchased the Rougarou at Autumn Oaks and absolutely love mine. It is bright, and has the green laser. You will not be disappointed in it. PLUS Cajun Light Company stands behind their products with great customer service. The only non Cajun Light I ever owned was a Wick Light. I won’t use any other light.

Mike I’ve never crossed one up down here in the swamps Lol! Our grand parents use to tell us the story about him all the time when we were little because we use to stay outside to much when we were little. So they would scare us with the story. Plus another thing in the story is they would make us place a number of rocks at the base of the door sill or on the window sill because the creature couldn’t count so it was a barrier so he wouldn’t come in the house and get us.

Old Post 11-12-2021 02:30 AM
3Rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 3Rivers Click here to Send 3Rivers a Private Message Click Here to Email 3Rivers Find more posts by 3Rivers Add 3Rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Cajun Rougarou Light

quote:
Originally posted by 3Rivers
Mike I’ve never crossed one up down here in the swamps Lol! Our grand parents use to tell us the story about him all the time when we were little because we use to stay outside to much when we were little. So they would scare us with the story. Plus another thing in the story is they would make us place a number of rocks at the base of the door sill or on the window sill because the creature couldn’t count so it was a barrier so he wouldn’t come in the house and get us.

I was stationed at Fort Polk Louisiana 4 times. I retired from there plus my wife is from Shreveport so I know a lot about him. Like you, I never got to see him. LOL

Old Post 11-12-2021 08:45 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Don’t overlook this light!!!!

Old Post 11-18-2021 02:17 AM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Hunting season is here, don’t get left in the dark. Get a Cajun Light today.

Old Post 11-22-2021 03:53 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cajun Rougarou Light

quote:
Originally posted by mike shannon

Old Post 11-29-2021 08:27 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Treat yourself, wife, hunting buddy to a Christmas light.

Old Post 12-14-2021 01:54 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

New Years Resolution

Get a Cajun Rougarou Light!!!

Old Post 12-31-2021 03:53 PM
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Who owns Cajun now? I always liked the Rambo box light back in the day when Mr. Barber built them.

Old Post 01-01-2022 03:38 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Cajun Owner

quote:
Originally posted by Ashley Pratt
Who owns Cajun now? I always liked the Rambo box light back in the day when Mr. Barber built them.

Cajun is Owned by LW Nixon now.
He is a Super Nice guy that will treat you right.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-01-2022 08:31 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. I’ve been using Superior lights and I’m more than happy with them. Just curious how the Cajun compares?

Old Post 01-01-2022 08:44 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights

quote:
Originally posted by Ashley Pratt
Thanks. I’ve been using Superior lights and I’m more than happy with them. Just curious how the Cajun compares?

I too have been using Superior for many years....No complaints whatsoever.
Comparing the two Light Companies is hard to do.....LW at Cajun seems to be turning Cajun into a Great Company again.....it had its troubles after Bobby Barber Sold it. I have the Cajun Rougarou and it's a Very Good Light.
Superior has been around forever it seems and not going anywhere anytime soon.......been the same Owner since it's Inception and with a Great Reputation for Quality & Dependability and always seems to be a couple steps ahead of the Competition.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 01-02-2022 at 04:42 AM

Old Post 01-02-2022 02:10 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the info

Old Post 01-02-2022 02:33 AM