UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Minor scoring ?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Philip
UKC Forum Member

Minor scoring ?

ABC struck, treed in that order. Arrive at tree, C not there. Minused on tree. Arrives shortly, handled. Tree is scored circled. Does c strike get circled, or line through it, when he left tree?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-12-2018 12:42 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Philip here is the way I see it. The knowledgeable guys will wake up soon and correct me. I only get about 5% of the rules questions correct but I am 80% sure of my 5% on this one.

I will start with the end of your question and work backwards.

Your last sentence ask if Dog C gets circled or line through strike points when he left tree. I don't think the gets either for leaving tree. He gets his Tree Points misused and his strike is the same as it was and the scoring of the strike points will be determined by what he does with them.

If I am reading your question correctly you are saying he comes back into the tree after the judge and cast get there. You said the tree was minus. If that is the case he is handled and his strike Points Circled because rule 5 b is the one I think you use.
5(b) No dog to receive minus points for coming into tree after Judge arrives unless a coon is seen and the dogs treeing are awarded plus points.

Its a beautiful Sunday morning and I hope I am starting the day off correctly.

Old Post 08-12-2018 01:10 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

Well c was minused his tree points for leaving, tree scored circled. They said his strike had line through, I said, never heard of that. I thought circle, minus if coon seen. A line through would mean he couldn't be minus if coon seen?

Old Post 08-12-2018 01:39 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I am not sure where line through it comes in to play or why it was done. Maybe Joey or Jim will straighten me out. I think you have to take that scoring in parts. Leaves tree then his tree points are misused. He comes back to tree his strike points are dealt with by when the judge is there and how the tree is scored. It looks like it should be scored CIRCLE strike points to me.

Old Post 08-12-2018 02:18 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DFred
UKC Forum Member

Bruce is correct.

Old Post 08-12-2018 02:18 PM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

All you know is that the dog left (A) tree you don't know if it was that tree he came in to the tree after the judge arrived so no coon was seen you cannot minus his strike but you cannot give him circle because he came in late draw a line through strike that way it cannot be used for or against him later jmo.

Tar

Old Post 08-12-2018 02:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Circle is correct, this is how I see it, deleting strike applies in these situations:

A. Cast is at a 2 minus, 2circle vote (every thing deleted)

B. Dogs trailing when hunt time runs out

C. Judge/Cast had to call timeout

D. Dog treed on previously scored tree

E. When dog comes into a tree it's been shut out on

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 08-12-2018 02:38 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

His strike is circled using the rule Bruce quoted above.

No dog, NONE, not one standing on his head, not one barking, not one turning flips, no matter what any dog that comes into a tree AFTER the judge arrives gets their strike circled UNLESS the coon is seen AND the dogs treeing are awarded plus points.

You can't use any other rules because you have a rule written that applies specifically to this situation so that is the rule you have to use.

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:20 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Tar you might need another cup of coffee this morning lol

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:40 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rip
[B]His strike is circled using the rule Bruce quoted above.

No dog, NONE, not one standing on his head, not one barking, not one turning flips, no matter what any dog that comes into a tree AFTER the judge arrives gets their strike circled UNLESS the coon is seen AND the dogs treeing are awarded plus points.

Minused if coon is seen

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:56 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Would you like to get beat by a strike circle ?
Rule 5 I only way he can gain with his strike if he trees elsewhere. All dogs are struck and treed and time is up he is shut out on that tree unless the coon is seen delete his strike.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 08-12-2018 at 06:22 PM

Old Post 08-12-2018 06:03 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andycanada
UKC Forum Member

!!

Tar got it right!!

Poison Magic Ghost
(Grnitech Harry's Finley River Jeb x Nitech Poison Houdini Ghost)

Nitech Poison Houdini Ghost
(Dual Grand All Grand Trackman x Grnitech Poison Spooky Ghost)

RIP
Grnitech Poison Spooky Ghost
(Dual Grand Big Creek Rat Tat x Nitech Poison White Ghost)

Old Post 08-12-2018 06:29 PM
andycanada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andycanada Click here to Send andycanada a Private Message Click Here to Email andycanada Find more posts by andycanada Add andycanada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Rule 5 I only way he can gain with his strike if he trees elsewhere. All dogs are struck and treed and time is up he is shut out on that tree unless the coon is seen delete his strike.

Tar

Are you even reading the same question I am ? Doesn't say anything about the dog being shut out on the tree. They're all struck and treed. Dog C is not there when the cast gets there and comes back in to a tree that's scored circle. Minus his tree points circle his strike points.

Old Post 08-12-2018 06:37 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar
[/QUOTE

How are you getting that any dog was shut out? Are you really a MOH?

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 08-12-2018 06:55 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Donnie all dogs are struck and treed time is up you know the dog left a tree but you don't know if it was that one he is shut out on that tree yes he was struck but he quit his track and arrived after the judge got there actually far as I am concerned you are doing him a favor deleting his strike ! If he was my dog I would withdraw him and warm him up a little jmo.

Jim you going to reward him for quitting his track ? If that circle strike beat you on a tiebreaker how would you feel ?

Well you can set there 12 hours at those hunts if your so smart Jim !!

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 08-12-2018 at 07:13 PM

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:01 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: Minor scoring ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Philip
ABC struck, treed in that order. Arrive at tree, C not there. Minused on tree. Arrives shortly, handled. Tree is scored circled. Does c strike get circled, or line through it, when he left tree? [/QUOTE

Ok, the one and only question asked here is the last sentence from above, "Does C strike get circled or line through it when HE LEFT THE TREE? And the answer is neither, when that dog left the tree, his tree points are minused and his strike is still live. His strike points don't get scored till the dog is handled.

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:03 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Donnie all dogs are struck and treed time is up you know the dog left a tree but you don't know if it was that one he is shut out on that tree yes he was struck but he quit his track and arrived after the judge got there actually far as I am concerned you are doing him a favor deleting his strike ! If he was my dog I would withdraw him and warm him up a little jmo.

Tar

I don't even know what to say lol.

Jim he's all yours ...

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:05 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

Wow, that's just delusional.

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:05 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
I don't even know what to say lol.

Jim he's all yours ...

We should both be smacked for even responding.

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:07 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I just assumed he meant he came to the tree.

Tar

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:07 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
We should both be smacked for even responding.

Yes sir

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:12 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Well I am right again you can get out one of your advisors if it will make you feel better lmbo big dummies.

Tar

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:15 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How could such a minor scoring question become such a major one and get so complicated?

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Trying to make them think Richard one you don't know the dog was on the same tree. You don't know if it took 30 minutes to get to that tree and the other dogs held his strike open there are a lot of variables it's not always cut and dried. Look at that other 4 pages of mess and then a non moh makes fun of one that is because he thinks he is the cats meow when in reality he makes mistakes just like everybody else I can twist these rules any way you want them.

Tar

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:33 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

need to remove your MOH license !! if you don't know the correct answer to such another simple question !! they may have already!!

Old Post 08-12-2018 08:01 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote