UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Sports sleeves?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Sports sleeves?

Does anyone wear the pull up arm sleeves like some athletes wear for summer hunting? I love to hunt but I get poison ivy and just looking for something cooler than wearing a long sleeved shirt. I was thinking if the sleeves worked I could just wear a light t shirt with them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-04-2018 07:48 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
natnicegg
UKC Forum Member

sleeves

They make a sleeve to wear in the sun for people with skin conditions or that have tattoos that they don't want sunburnt. I have a friend that uses them and she said they work better than the ones that football players wear. I'll try and get where she orders hers from and post it for you.

Old Post 08-04-2018 08:42 PM
natnicegg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for natnicegg Click here to Send natnicegg a Private Message Click Here to Email natnicegg Find more posts by natnicegg Add natnicegg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks!! I would rather sweat a few hours than itch for a week!

Old Post 08-04-2018 09:21 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

I would just wear some brand of summer performance wear. Under armour and Columbia make some long sleeves that are good for the summer. I’ve got several and they would be cooler than the sleeves.

Old Post 08-04-2018 09:42 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

THe ivy block lotion works really good. Just rub it on before you go and wear a short sleeve shirt.

Old Post 08-04-2018 10:25 PM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Used to get poison Ivy all the time. Dr told me to use ivory bar soap. That it would cut the resin or whatever. I ALWAYS shower right after hunting with Ivory Soap and have had only one light case in the last 20 years. Don't know if it will work for you but if I don't have the soap, I'm not going hunting.

Old Post 08-04-2018 11:30 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

There's also a shot now that's like a flu shot. You get it at the first of the year. If I got poison ivy and was out in the woods a lot I would check into. I'm one of the lucky ones so far I could wallow in it and not get it.

Old Post 08-04-2018 11:37 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

I keep a spray bottle mixed with dawn dish soap and spray my arms and hands when I get back to the truck,, works GREAT

Old Post 08-05-2018 01:14 AM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8up
UKC Forum Member

My Grand father had his kids eat a leaf each year when they were out digging root. My dad did the same with me and I have never had any reaction to it

Old Post 08-05-2018 05:34 AM
8up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8up Click here to Send 8up a Private Message Click Here to Email 8up Find more posts by 8up Add 8up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Ole Grandpa

Had me eat poison ivy when i was 11 or so..made me sicker than heck. Thought my throat was swellin shut and on fire..After that cleared up ,I was fine ,and havent had it since.

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 08-05-2018 11:40 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Pratt, I think you have a excellent idea but I have one question. If you wear these selves and don't wash them every trip aren't you able to get poison from handling them later? Just be careful and don't put them on inside out or rub your forehead with your arm.

My first year leaving the City and moving to a small town. I went and cut down our Christmas Tree. Well I had pulled several vines off of it before cutting it and apparently some were poison ivy. My wife itched all through the Holidays from trimming that tree.

Old Post 08-05-2018 12:46 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Yeah I would wash them after every hunt. I learned years ago the hard way not to wipe my face with my shirt lol. I am cautious in the woods but inevitably you walk through it. I use dawn dish soap and have been very lucky or I’m not as allergic as I was. Thanks for all the replies.

Old Post 08-05-2018 04:17 PM
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Yeah I would wash them after every hunt. I learned years ago the hard way not to wipe my face with my shirt lol. I am cautious in the woods but inevitably you walk through it. I use dawn dish soap and have been very lucky or I’m not as allergic as I was. Thanks for all the replies.

Old Post 08-05-2018 04:17 PM
natnicegg
UKC Forum Member

sleeves

Ashley, finally tracked my friend down, sorry for the delay. She gets these sleeves I was telling you about at Cabelo's.

Old Post 08-07-2018 08:02 PM
natnicegg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for natnicegg Click here to Send natnicegg a Private Message Click Here to Email natnicegg Find more posts by natnicegg Add natnicegg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks again!!

Old Post 08-08-2018 04:04 PM