UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > X Bred and the Purina Series
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

X Bred and the Purina Series

Does the Purina series not recognize X Bred hounds?

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-31-2018 08:00 AM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Purina Series recognizes the different breeds. X Breds are just that, a mixture of 2 or more breeds. You can't show them. They don't have a Breed association or Breed Days because they aren't a "breed".

Old Post 07-31-2018 01:48 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

lol ...

x-bred days ...that would be interesting lol

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 08-01-2018 03:53 AM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, it would be colorful. You could just show up with anything and hunt in it. Even the Thursday night hunt would be an "all breed" hunt. And anyone could join the X-Bred Breed Association since it would be made up of all breeds. Just think what a nightmare that would be for the Purina Race. What if you had a 'Pr' Redbone that was colored like a blk n tan and had to be registered as a X-Bred?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-01-2018 at 03:03 PM

Old Post 08-01-2018 02:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

Them X Bred dogs got to eat purina too!!! Lol

It just seems if they wanted the best hounds in the country they wouldn’t exclude any hounds.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 08-01-2018 03:04 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

ya definitely a nightmare!!

whistle on track hoot on tree...and spin circles at the bottom chasing it's tail ....would be a interesting hunt to say the least lol

Old Post 08-01-2018 03:06 PM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

bring some wood pile hounds out of the dark!!

we could even get Jerry to bring his coon hunting monkey !!! be alot of dead hounds...his monkey hates a lieing coondog !! lol

Old Post 08-01-2018 03:08 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

What would be the issue?

If you have X bred papers you hunt on Thursday night against other X bred registered dogs.

On fri and Saturday night it would be an open ukc hunt like all other breed days.

I don’t understand what would be interesting about it

On the show side I will give there is no standards since it not a breed. I don’t think most with Xbred are worrying about a bench show.

The hunting side of it is no different than any other.

Last edited by high ridge on 08-01-2018 at 05:21 PM

Old Post 08-01-2018 05:17 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

X Bred

That could be a good thing. Night Cry, you are saying a dog has to be pure bred to look and sound like a hound?

Old Post 08-01-2018 08:29 PM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

no sir

saying there woulkd be alot of different traits all on one level playing field I think it would be interesting. lol

Old Post 08-01-2018 10:01 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

I do not understand why there is not a generic x-bred standard (IMO Just go with the English standard and allow all colors) so that they can be shown. Because they are more likely to be hunted (as opposed to brood stock for that great "old blood" LOL), I think correct conformation is just as important (if not more so) than the pure bred hounds.

Old Post 08-01-2018 10:13 PM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

I do not understand why there is not a generic x-bred standard (IMO Just go with the English standard and allow all colors) so that they can be shown. Because they are more likely to be hunted (as opposed to brood stock for that great "old blood" LOL), I think correct conformation is just as important (if not more so) than the pure bred hounds.

Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Night Cry

What are these different traits that you speak of? Please elaborate on the subject.

Old Post 08-02-2018 12:09 PM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

brass tacks.....

get down to the root of my issues with this.. ..true houndsman have been determined to make the coonhound of there choice for many many years to what works for them and the traits in wich gives them the most success wether it be to feed there family make a income off of hides or bragging rights ...different standard breeds were all at one time x bred hounds at some point .....but the ukc along with other registries took note that men wanted to keep track of the blood running through there hounds to figure out what made them into the hounds they were based solely off of bloodlines ....i see it to be a good thing having a new breed due to so many people being hard to please with the standard coonhound breeds that are recognized now ....however I feel it wouldn't have any consistency until the same line was crossed several times to see over time what one truly has in there x-bred line ...but how does a man do that when he's constantly crossing different standard breeds to create his own ?? maybe I'm confused or just plain dumb ...but I just think it's a huge slap in the face to the men and true houndsman of our past that spent decades making the breeds we have came to know as standard and the times spent keeping track of them on paper....im all for it if a person was to try a create a new breed but just don't see how it's possible to have a good outcome or any consistency for x-bred to become a breed of its own until it is established by many generations ....and at that point then it would be a breed of its own with its own breed name ..and people would still want to have x bred hounds registered ...so where does it ever end for anyone to gain anything from this or be satisfied ...xbred isn't a breed of its own !! it's a mixture of two seperate breeds ...just my opinion ...

Old Post 08-02-2018 12:54 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Wow, that is almost word for word the arguments being made when you were asking to be recognized for registration. And the crossbreeds got what they wanted, UKC registration, making them eligable to hunt in the nite hunt events. Now, you want to be recognized as a breed when in fact you know very well that Crossbreds are not a breed. Hows about being satisfied with what you got?

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 08-02-2018 01:49 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

So is it really that different crossing a line bred walker to a line bred english as opposed to crossing a line bred walker to a line bred walker? (Assuming each walker is of different dominate lines) Or are you guys suggesting it's impossible to find two walkers who are different?

Old Post 08-02-2018 02:10 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, can I start my own Breed? Can I get UKC to recognize them? And Purina could recognize them also and create a category for them in the Purina Race.

Old Post 08-02-2018 02:17 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, can I start my own Breed? Can I get UKC to recognize them? And Purina could recognize them also and create a category for them in the Purina Race.

Yea, I don't care about all that, I'm referring to the xbred points made by Night Cry.

However, Richard, that's kinda how it all started...right? You were there.

Old Post 08-02-2018 02:35 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Night Cry

You still never mentioned anything about traits, just rambling about reversing things that people did along time ago. Breeding is a crap shoot when you consider the amount of crosses being made copared to top dogs being produced. You stated that these crossbred dogs would be hooting, whistling, and chasing their tail at the tree. Is this something you witnessed or something a breeder told you would happen? Jealousy exists everywhere, if you're not buying or hunting pups from a certain line it will never be as good as that certain line. I'm glad that UKC will let people hunt dogs from the recognized coonhound breeds. You still have to do your homework with crossbreds just like with purebreds.

Old Post 08-03-2018 12:31 AM
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

your right ...

nothing I can say will make any difference it will just make this thread longer with more opinions ...il stick to mine you stick to yours ....as long as each of us are happy with what we are feeding we are both winners

Old Post 08-03-2018 12:53 AM
yadkintar
Banned

A lot of crosses back in the day would have been proven crosses only one problem ............. They didn't know who the long haired , flag tailed , yellow eyed , daddy was he got hauled to the pound way before his pups started winning world hunts lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-03-2018 01:03 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
A lot of crosses back in the day would have been proven crosses only one problem ............. They didn't know who the long haired , flag tailed , yellow eyed , daddy was he got hauled to the pound way before his pups started winning world hunts lol.

Tar

just one word !! weeweewee !! gone hunting

Old Post 08-03-2018 02:10 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
just one word !! weeweewee !! gone hunting

That's called a drive by in Oklahoma you old fart I will get even with you on Facebook tomorrow.

Tar

Old Post 08-03-2018 02:19 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

That dogs identity was reviled in the book Joe House was writing but just before it was published some higher power had it redacted, I spent a day with Joe and he told me about the long haired yellow eyed stray, asked me to keep the secret till the book came out, hummmm what do I do!!

Mr Tim.

Old Post 08-03-2018 02:56 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote