UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Let's Discuss Performance Program
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blaze2014
400 to pay up s.s. for how long? 6 mo right? Just pay cast winners at end of night and drop the program.

No it’s $400 per year.

Mr Tim.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2018 03:06 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I’m interested in how that would work telling stud owners they can only breed one female a year? Explain how that would work?

Mr Tim.

Sires not in Performance Program could be allowed 1 litter per year of Performance pups at $200 + mandatory pay up litter.

Old Post 07-20-2018 03:22 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Sires not in Performance Program could be allowed 1 litter per year of Performance pups at $200 + mandatory pay up litter.

Ok I understand what your saying, but why would anyone pay $200 an only get to Performance one liter when they can pay $100 and breed as many as they want?

Mr Tim.

Old Post 07-20-2018 03:34 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I would agree with extending the pay up date past a year old, add an extra fee, whatever, but make it able to pay as the dog matures and makes a hound. It seems a lot of people don't understand the current pay up process, we should make it easier to understand and as Jen said, make it a part of the puppy paper, rather than send an extra paper with them.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 07-20-2018 03:49 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Ok I understand what your saying, but why would anyone pay $200 an only get to Performance one liter when they can pay $100 and breed as many as they want?

Mr Tim.

Not everyone owns a stud when the $100 window is open. A lot of people buy other guys studs to promote or may not have intention of breeding and then win a bunch and people become interested. Whatever the reason it will add a few hundred dollars to the pot for each litter..

Old Post 07-20-2018 03:51 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

If paid by Sept something it's 400, caps at 700. Which yes is higher than ukc program, but I don't think is a good comparison. I can register just regular and go hunt and get paid that night, for the life of my dog, and not have no program fees to pay and a 2 point cap limit, and get paid for cast wins and all at world hunt. Now I'm not saying anything nobody don't know, hunt what ya want. But if ukc wants to be top dog in coonhound world, better straighten things out quickly.

Old Post 07-20-2018 03:57 PM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

If a litter is not out of a performance stud charge $200 to performance that litter and that $$ goes into the program. I dont see how that would hurt the program,, but help it out..

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 07-20-2018 06:20 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jparker
UKC Forum Member

Ok make the litter applications 50 to 100 each litter at birth of pup that would be paid by the dams owner now when the pups are sold pup papers and pp register papers should be giving to the dams owner from ukc then handed to new owner of said pup when paid for now for it to register to hunt by 6 months old the new owner has pay the fee of 50 to 100 whatever to register it in pp but they have to pay that fee each year to keep it in the program for it to hunt and allow a top winners hunt off to win the pot at the end of each year and do a 20/20 or 25/25 the rest stays in the pot to split between owner of stud and hunt winner next year and do breed hunts to
Pups 6 months 100 for the life of the dog
6 months to a year 150 to 250 life of the dog
Over a year 300 to 450 life of the dog
Just someone on the outside looking in

Old Post 07-20-2018 07:51 PM
Jparker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jparker Click here to Send Jparker a Private Message Click Here to Email Jparker Find more posts by Jparker Add Jparker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

does anyone have any idea on what the percent of dogs entered in local hunts are performance and those that are not?

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 07-20-2018 08:03 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HERSHSHUNTIN
does anyone have any idea on what the percent of dogs entered in local hunts are performance and those that are not?

No idea how many are hunted but Allen said a while back that it was around 30% of litters were performance. I cant remember the exact number but it something like that.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-20-2018 08:05 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Just pointing out that my question has not been answered.

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
Here’s one of my questions...

What is the AVERAGE lifetime earnings of a performance pup?

Sorry for asking and pretty sure I won’t get an official answer.

This program is good for the breeder that wants bragging rights. It is not a money making program. Well, other than UKC making money. I think their administration fees are too high for this program. I understand they are a business and need to make money. I just think they are taking more than their share.

IMO their business makes plenty of money off registration. They need to come up with something that pays hunters and gets more registration. They draw more people to registering dogs they make more. Instead they just try to get more money out of the same people.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 07-20-2018 08:18 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Everyone will benefit from changes including UKC. Elimanating checks under $50, slight increases to Sire fees, allowing 1 time breedings & allowing 12-18 mo. old pups to participate should add $20,000-$30,000 yearly..

Old Post 07-20-2018 10:30 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
It’s only $400 to pay up a SS sire, $200 to SS a liter that’s not from a SS stud.

Mr Tim.

They give an early bird discount to pay up for $400 for the year that has to be paid before the end of September then it increases a hundred every month up to $700 for the year if not paid by November. You can also pay $350 for each 6mo term if you miss out on the early bird special. Yes on the $200 a litter to make pups SS eligible from non SS studs, still have to have DNA profile done on both the sire and dam.

I do not see the UKC performance program loosing money by allowing older than 1yr in if the cost was on an increasing scale and not allowing any previous earned points to count toward payout of Performance points. It will give those not entered by one year a chance in and having significant fee increases with age gives those that have younger pups more incentive to pay up early to avoid the bigger fees. I have had to spend as much as the $410 fee to pay up a dog in the SS just to increase the value of the dog.

I will go back to my original post from days ago to increase participation simplify the registration process. Performance has got to be included on the Application for Permanent Registration. For as long as this program has been in place when I have to explain how to sign up pups to a good half of the guys who buy pups there is a problem!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-21-2018 12:04 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
They give an early bird discount to pay up for $400 for the year that has to be paid before the end of September then it increases a hundred every month up to $700 for the year if not paid by November. You can also pay $350 for each 6mo term if you miss out on the early bird special. Yes on the $200 a litter to make pups SS eligible from non SS studs, still have to have DNA profile done on both the sire and dam.

I do not see the UKC performance program loosing money by allowing older than 1yr in if the cost was on an increasing scale and not allowing any previous earned points to count toward payout of Performance points. It will give those not entered by one year a chance in and having significant fee increases with age gives those that have younger pups more incentive to pay up early to avoid the bigger fees. I have had to spend as much as the $410 fee to pay up a dog in the SS just to increase the value of the dog.

I will go back to my original post from days ago to increase participation simplify the registration process. Performance has got to be included on the Application for Permanent Registration. For as long as this program has been in place when I have to explain how to sign up pups to a good half of the guys who buy pups there is a problem!

Thanks for clarifying that. The performance works the same, $100 before January 1st, $200 on or after January 1st, $300 after June or July 1st.
The weak link in the program is that 75% of pups don’t get paid up, figure out how to get people to performance there pups and the program works.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 07-21-2018 01:00 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Thanks for clarifying that. The performance works the same, $100 before January 1st, $200 on or after January 1st, $300 after June or July 1st.
The weak link in the program is that 75% of pups don’t get paid up, figure out how to get people to performance there pups and the program works.

Mr Tim.

This is why it needs to be on the puppy papers with fees listed not a separate sheet.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-21-2018 01:06 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

1. Registration process needs simplified. Need a check box on permanent registration papers with appropriate fees listed based on age. Make any age eligible, just gotta pay to play.

2. Payout only the top 10 for each respective age group based on total performance points earned. ie 1 year olds, 2 year olds, 3 year olds. After 3, have a yearly Performance hunt for those dogs having earned Performance points that hunt year and payout the final 4 of that hunt. Get a sponsor...say Purina...and make this a National type hunt with a handsome purse or even a pick up truck.

These type of changes are geared towards increasing participation as well as prestige. I would have to see some numbers to get an idea of what the payouts would be, but in my scenario...your are paying out 34 dogs....I would think this would significantly increase point value.

Old Post 07-21-2018 01:32 AM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Coffman, those are some good ideas. But it sounds like you are describing the Purina Race. And any dog can be hunted in it and it doesn't cost you anything up front. You can also earn Performance Points while you are running.

Old Post 07-21-2018 04:05 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Everyone would pay a Performance fee upon registration to be eligible. The fee would need to coincide with a dogs age. The older the dog, the higher the fee. Encourage people to pay them up when they are pups or breeders to pay up the litter before selling.

I’m not sure how the current Purina Circuit runs. However, I do not think that from a points perspective that 1 year olds are vying for a top ten race against other 1 year olds (2 year olds, 3 year olds, etc). I want to create competition amongst the different age groups as well as prestige for folks being able to say they had the top 2 year old performance pup or top 5 2 year old performance pup, etc...

You would also be able to earn Performance Points at any hunt...don’t think you can do that with Purina Points.

Old Post 07-21-2018 12:53 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

if no checks was paid out to anyone when they didn't earn at least $25. that alone would save ukc upwards of a couple hundred thousand dollars and a boat load of time. in turn saving the program money.

increase participation. make ALL dogs eligible at ANY age.

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:16 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

They get 10% of the top plus they draw interest off of that money and they send you a 1099 if your check is big enough y'all got to get over that they are struggling stuff jmo.

Tar

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

It don't cost anyone to not pay out 50$ or less? It's costing the guy not getting it, 50$. I'm sorry but if someone owes me money, give it to me

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:28 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

STUGGLING STUFF? WHAT?

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:28 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

There are plenty of dead dogs and dogs that never won any things money in there to pay people with.

Tar

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
It don't cost anyone to not pay out 50$ or less? It's costing the guy not getting it, 50$. I'm sorry but if someone owes me money, give it to me
unfortunately it does cost ukc a bundle. i also understand what u are saying sleepy.

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:32 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
unfortunately it does cost ukc a bundle. i also understand what u are saying sleepy.

I may wrong but i doesn't cost UKC any, just the fund. They keep 10% to manage the fund

Last edited by sleepy head on 07-21-2018 at 02:38 PM

Old Post 07-21-2018 02:36 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote