UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Question

Four dog cast...Dogs A,B, C are struck in. Dogs A and B are treed and the tree is scored. You walk away and Dog C can not be heard so you start the 8 min on him. The question is, can you turn Dogs A and B loose or do you have to wait until Dog C opens.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2018 12:36 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Gotta wait

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 06-13-2018 01:02 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Turn them loose asap

Old Post 06-13-2018 01:05 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

"dog(s) must be turned loose to dogs that are opening on trail".

Old Post 06-13-2018 01:33 AM
shadinc is online now Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom anderson
UKC Forum Member

Cut them there is a dog out compete for 25 so you can cut

Old Post 06-13-2018 01:55 AM
Tom anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom anderson Click here to Send Tom anderson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom anderson Add Tom anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

put the 8 on him and if the 8 gets him you can call time out and the handler has an hour to catch his/her dog ..
the other dogs can not be cut loose ..till the 8 minutes is up..

Last edited by AndyMiller on 06-13-2018 at 02:38 AM

Old Post 06-13-2018 02:36 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Dog D is at large....cutmmmm!

Old Post 06-13-2018 03:08 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

.dog c out on trail i would want to wait for the 8 to expire before cutting so i could get more value for my strike points ..if i was handling dog c i would be more than glad to see you cut and keep my strike open at 50 .lol that is why playing by the rules you have to wait the 8 so dog c does not get a free pass and undeserved points . dog c has to be held accountable for his strike points before cutting. only time the option to cut can be used is if 1 dog is treed one at large.

Old Post 06-13-2018 03:57 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

You hold them until the dog that is struck barks or the 8 gets them. Doesn't matter if another dog is competing for strike.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-13-2018 03:59 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd_Miller
UKC Forum Member

All I can say is WOW

Old Post 06-13-2018 03:38 PM
Todd_Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd_Miller Click here to Send Todd_Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd_Miller Find more posts by Todd_Miller Add Todd_Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Starting the 8 on a dog shouldn't be used to leash lock a dog(s), coming off a scored tree.

Old Post 06-13-2018 04:16 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
Starting the 8 on a dog shouldn't be used to leash lock a dog(s), coming off a scored tree.
i agree that no dog should be leash locked at any point during hunt time. that is not the rules we have in place at this time. lol the rule we have in place now is the 8 has to be ran on dog c before turning back loose .

Old Post 06-13-2018 04:42 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

wait until close to five is gone

Then claim the dogs in danger and call a time out. All problems are fixed not burning up hunt time and dog that the eight is on doesn't take minus lol the other option is to run like a bat out of to get caught up to old ten mile Hank so you can cut your dogs and he don't take a minus and again lol

Old Post 06-13-2018 06:12 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote