UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How To Score
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
amblue
UKC Forum Member

How To Score

3 DOG CAST DOG A TREED AND SCORED DOG B STRUCK BUT WALKED ABOUT 500 YDS TO SCORE DOG A--DOG C NOT STRUCK IN--CANNOT HEAR DOG B AT THIS TIME--DO YOU CUT DOG A NOW OR WAIT FOR THE 8 TO RUN ON DOG B?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-10-2018 04:16 PM
amblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amblue Click here to Send amblue a Private Message Click Here to Email amblue Find more posts by amblue Add amblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I have so many different rules in my head. None of them are correct anymore. If there is a dog at large competing for strike then the dog on the leash should be cut loose.

11---B
After Arriving At Tree. After five minutes, first dog’s tree may be scored. Dog should not be minused tree points if he comes back a short distance to meet handler if dog goes back in and trees satisfactorily. Dogs at tree must be leashed. Eight minutes of hunting time may be used to shine trees. Individual holding first tree controls shining of tree for first two minutes. Upon being scored, dog(s) must be turned loose with other dogs that are opening on trail to compete for next available strike points. However, if dog(s) are already treed, handlers have the option to hold onto or release dog(s) so long as at least one dog is not declared treed.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 08-10-2018 at 04:47 PM

Old Post 08-10-2018 04:33 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I have so many different rules in my head. None of them are correct anymore. If there is a dog at large competing for strike then the dog on the leash should be cut loose.

11---B
After Arriving At Tree. After five minutes, first dog’s tree may be scored. Dog should not be minused tree points if he comes back a short distance to meet handler if dog goes back in and trees satisfactorily. Dogs at tree must be leashed. Eight minutes of hunting time may be used to shine trees. Individual holding first tree controls shining of tree for first two minutes. Upon being scored, dog(s) must be turned loose with other dogs that are opening on trail to compete for next available strike points. However, if dog(s) are already treed, handlers have the option to hold onto or release dog(s) so long as at least one dog is not declared treed.

Bruce, it says released to dogs that are "opening" on trail. Even if the dog is struck it has to be opening or the 8 is applied. You cant cut them until the dog is either opening or the time gets them.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-10-2018 05:00 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Joey what kind of rule is that. LOL You mean if my dog is on the leash and there is another one or two out there competing for strike points. I have to keep mine on the leash. How is that fair?

Somebody needs to fix these rules. LOL

Old Post 08-10-2018 05:10 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Joey what kind of rule is that. LOL You mean if my dog is on the leash and there is another one or two out there competing for strike points. I have to keep mine on the leash. How is that fair?

If B wasn't struck in and C was the only one out not carrying strike you wouldn't need to apply the 8. But since B was struck the 8 must be ran before turning A.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 08-10-2018 05:13 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

First you have to walk back to where you last heard Dog B. Then you start the 8. You can't turn a dog loose while you are running the time.

Old Post 08-10-2018 05:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Its to make dog B accountable for his strike. The thought is you getting cut loose could save his strike, but with dog C at large he can also save B's strike. It makes sense if they were all stuck in but not if one is left still competing. If it makes you feel any better its the same as in the other KC.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-10-2018 05:26 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
First you have to walk back to where you last heard Dog B. Then you start the 8. You can't turn a dog loose while you are running the time.

No you don't. That's the other KC.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-10-2018 05:28 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

So A doesn't get to compete with C for next available strike?

Old Post 08-10-2018 07:11 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
A would go in for next available.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 08-10-2018 07:16 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc

It's not about competing for next available. You simply can't cut it a dog is struck and not opening.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-10-2018 08:15 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When B gets minused, then A can compete for 100. He is better off waiting.

Old Post 08-10-2018 08:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Joey you are correct. Thanks

Old Post 08-10-2018 11:11 PM