UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Changes at UKC
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Changes at UKC

Saw on facebook where someone mentioned to Allen that he heard UKC was tossing around some ideas on changes. Here is allens response.
“The tossing around part is pretty much over with. Working on the ink part now”

So no more pages and pages of telling UKC what they need to change. They have it figured out.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-03-2018 12:16 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Now it'll be pages & pages of how nothing needed changing or that wont work😃

Old Post 08-03-2018 12:47 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Now it will be pages and pages of how the changes need changing.

Old Post 08-03-2018 01:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I spent 6 yrs riding their butt about it done everything but drive up to headquarters and throw jelly donuts and honey buns at them I for one am looking forward to reading it lol.

Tar

Old Post 08-03-2018 01:21 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 08-03-2018 01:57 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

Some people would gripe about the flavor if they were giving away ice cream!

Old Post 08-03-2018 02:26 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
Some people would gripe about the flavor if they were giving away ice cream!

Really !! That coming from a guy that could have stayed and supported the club after I took the time to show him a prime spot to hunt in but didn't like who he was going to have to hunt against so he took his toys and went home !!

Tar

Old Post 08-03-2018 03:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Changes at UKC

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Saw on facebook where someone mentioned to Allen that he heard UKC was tossing around some ideas on changes. Here is allens response.
“The tossing around part is pretty much over with. Working on the ink part now”

So no more pages and pages of telling UKC what they need to change. They have it figured out.

The grand masters and slams have been a good start..Number of hunters may be crumbling a little but the ones that still enjoy these programs have definitely been a start...Changes that are coming have surely been thought about and hashed out and hopefully Make
""COONHUNTING GREAT AGAIN"""

Old Post 08-03-2018 03:23 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Sometimes you have to do things to draw in the younger generation of Coonhunter’s that’s chasing those other KC’s. I hope the old farts lol realize that. It’s just like church to me if you have a church full of old people you have a dying church because you have no future. People will complain I’m sure but UKC has to insure it has a future.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 08-03-2018 03:43 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

As the younger generation gets older and wiser, they will get tired of hunting that other KC and come over to UKC. Then they will be the older generation. Jason just remember, one of these days you will be one of the old farts, so UKC will always have a future.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-03-2018 at 04:14 PM

Old Post 08-03-2018 04:11 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
As the younger generation gets older and wiser, they will get tired of hunting that other KC and come over to UKC. Then they will be the older generation. Jason just remember, one of these days you will be one of the old farts, so UKC will always have a future.

I’m no spring chicken lol but I feel like that’s already been proven false. I look at the guys that started out with the other KC’s they are old and haven’t left. I can think of a family right down the road. But if you mention some of these rumored changes to them their answer is I would hunt UKC if they did that. Since none of us can be sure what Allen is working on just remember he’s doing what he feels he needs to for the future of UKC.

Old Post 08-03-2018 05:20 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

The 1st change should be the way changes are voted on. Let hunters vote on hunting related changes, show people on show related changes, breed assn. on breed related changes, etc..

Old Post 08-03-2018 06:14 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DwayneWhite
UKC Forum Member

What are these rumor changes?

Old Post 08-03-2018 06:23 PM
DwayneWhite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DwayneWhite Click here to Send DwayneWhite a Private Message Click Here to Email DwayneWhite Find more posts by DwayneWhite Add DwayneWhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
The 1st change should be the way changes are voted on. Let hunters vote on hunting related changes, show people on show related changes, breed assn. on breed related changes, etc..

Well said!!!

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 08-03-2018 06:26 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yard Dog Joker
Banned

If its anything less than letting the Hunt Director hunt in the hunt he is Hunt Director in then its a wash in my book. Nobody wants to be hunt director and that's why our club quit having UKC hunts!!!

Old Post 08-09-2018 01:23 PM
Yard Dog Joker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yard Dog Joker Click here to Send Yard Dog Joker a Private Message Find more posts by Yard Dog Joker Add Yard Dog Joker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Yard Dog Joker
If its anything less than letting the Hunt Director hunt in the hunt he is Hunt Director in then its a wash in my book. Nobody wants to be hunt director and that's why our club quit having UKC hunts!!!

Yea they should go ahead and change it the word on the street is there ain't nobody staying at the club house anyways they just go home and get their wife or Sombody to sighn the paper work. Accept at major hunts a moh is a thing of the past I hunted at a lot of $$$ hunts where the hunt director hunted and ain't had a problem but you could call Sombody affiliated with the kc if it needed clarification jmo.

Tar

Old Post 08-09-2018 04:23 PM
wjoey
Banned

interesting

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 08-09-2018 10:51 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

???

Old Post 08-12-2018 11:49 AM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
.... the word on the street.....
Tar

What does that even mean? Is that "Tarspeak" for, "I am spreading more rumors like a gossip woman."

Old Post 08-12-2018 04:22 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What does that even mean? Is that "Tarspeak" for, "I am spreading more rumors like a gossip woman."

No that's saying exactly what's goin on without actually. throwin anybody under the bus.

Old Post 08-12-2018 04:29 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I ain't telling them nothing they don't already know Donnie lol. Just some people on here don't know it. Nobody wants to set at the club no more while 5 or six dogs go hunt oh my goodness !! It ain't like you are taking care of a hunt with 30 dogs.

Tar

Old Post 08-12-2018 06:08 PM
wjoey
Banned

UKC is aware that this happens and have taken action against those they find out about. but it is happening a lot more now than I think they know about.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 08-13-2018 02:34 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I ain't telling them nothing they don't already know Donnie lol. Just some people on here don't know it. Nobody wants to set at the club no more while 5 or six dogs go hunt oh my goodness !! It ain't like you are taking care of a hunt with 30 dogs.

Tar

Maybe UKC could amend the rule by saying if you have more then two casts, then a non hunting director is required.

Old Post 08-13-2018 01:52 PM
wjoey
Banned

just a approved by UKC hunt director someone they can hold accountable , not just anyone that wants to do it.

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 08-13-2018 07:33 PM