UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Any Help?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bluetikman
UKC Forum Member

Any Help?

Recently purchased a dog from a guy, personally didnt hunt with the dog but no the man and he is as strait as they come he has owned the dog all her life she about 2 1/2 years old I have owned her 2 weeks not been around alot but she was in heat when had her and just coming out but I have tried hunting the dog and she acts like just scared to death to go hunting just goes and hides everytime, I mean dog has done some winning and like said guy I bought her from I know wouldn't lie but the dog acts like she is scared to death to ho hunting and just acts odd idk what I to do the guy said he has never had any problems with her hunting and I have talked to numerous people that said this same I never seen one like it

'Pr' Mabel's Treeing Blue Jay (bluetick)
GrCh 'Pr' Josh's Stylish Hitman 2nd in ukc (walker)
Ch 'Pr' Hard Knocking Deamon (walker)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-30-2018 06:34 AM
bluetikman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetikman Click here to Send bluetikman a Private Message Find more posts by bluetikman Add bluetikman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FF5044
UKC Forum Member

The first thing wrong is that you didn’t hunt the dog before you bought it. I’ve been in the exact same situation and never again will I buy a dog I haven’t been in the woods with. Next I’d ask the guy to come hunt with me, see if she’ll hunt with him. If she still won’t hunt or he won’t hunt with you then I’d ask for my money back. I doubt you’ll get it back but it’s worth a shot.

Old Post 07-30-2018 06:39 AM
FF5044 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FF5044 Click here to Send FF5044 a Private Message Find more posts by FF5044 Add FF5044 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

She might still miss old owner, tie her up front of your house, pet her give her table scraps for couple weeks she hopefully will warm up to you

Old Post 07-30-2018 02:02 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetikman
UKC Forum Member

Yes dog just seems like lost best friends sets in dog house and howls

Old Post 08-01-2018 03:39 AM
bluetikman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetikman Click here to Send bluetikman a Private Message Find more posts by bluetikman Add bluetikman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

You are not hunting her with a shock collar are you? if so that may be her issue.

Old Post 08-01-2018 07:08 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetikman
UKC Forum Member

Done both dont do know good dog just seems depressed

Old Post 08-02-2018 04:03 AM
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Several years ago

I ended up with a Mt. Cur male that's previous owner had passed away. I knew that he was supposed to be a decent dog. The man that bred him found out that I had him and told me to give him at least a month to see what he really was. He said that his line of dogs didn't take to changing owners easily. I hunted him several times and he didn't show me much. I had him exactly a month when I turned him and a female out one night. I could tell when he came out of the box that he acted like a different dog. He ran and treed with the female that night. After that he was one of the better dogs that I have owned. He died last November and I sure miss him.

Old Post 08-02-2018 05:18 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetikman
UKC Forum Member

Yeh I know this one has to be a better dog then showing but when you get her out at night she acts like has no desire to do anything not hunt or even look at a coon and have to drag her to the dog box at night seems like when ready to hunt she dont want to

Old Post 08-02-2018 03:56 PM