UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Line breeding to Big Country
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Traye Hearn
UKC Forum Member

Tar

If you know the guys I hunt with you’d know I wouldn’t need make up some BS post to get rid of any pups. I don’t ever post on here but if I do it is for the reasons I stated in the post and I don’t ever comment on post in here but if I do it’s give positive feedback or information that someone was asking for not just to get a reaction, tell someone how much better another breed is or run another breed, bloodline, dog or person down.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2020 02:41 PM
Traye Hearn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traye Hearn Click here to Send Traye Hearn a Private Message Click Here to Email Traye Hearn Find more posts by Traye Hearn Add Traye Hearn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

Re: BrockM

quote:
Originally posted by Traye Hearn
You are right and it was suppose to be about line breeding. I’m kinda like you and I was into hunting blue dogs 15-20 years ago and would like to think that I either owned or was partnered with Jimmy Presley on some nice hounds but because of kids and work I stopped hunting. During that time had the opportunity to hunt every week with some of the better dogs during that time including one of my best friends(Jimmy Presley)dog Screwy Lewy and a guy(Jimmy Smallings)that didn’t live but 35 minutes down the road Clear River Diamond Jim, also had the opportunity to pleasure hunt with Lonnie Smiley and hunt White River WMA with him and Jimmy Smallings. The reason I say all that is to say Ive seen good hounds and what it takes to breed good hounds but I know what I don’t know and I have no clue about line breeding. I do appreciate all the comments on the post even the ones that might have gotten off the topic.

The best bluetick I've ever hunted with (and handled a little) was Dual Grand Clear River Colby he was a litter mate to Jim out of the Rambo II x Curley cross. I believe that was the first blue litter that could produce an all grand pedigree. It's a shame that Colby got testicular cancer before he was able to breed many females. Terry Cason owned him at the time and he was one of the best hounds I've hunted with from any breed. My dad was a bluetick guy and Colby ended up retiring at his house after he got cancer. Colby was very accurate and extremely independent.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Last edited by Coby Wright on 07-06-2020 at 02:53 PM

Old Post 07-06-2020 02:48 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Traye Hearn
If you know the guys I hunt with you’d know I wouldn’t need make up some BS post to get rid of any pups. I don’t ever post on here but if I do it is for the reasons I stated in the post and I don’t ever comment on post in here but if I do it’s give positive feedback or information that someone was asking for not just to get a reaction, tell someone how much better another breed is or run another breed, bloodline, dog or person down.

My opinion stays the same.

Tar

Old Post 07-06-2020 02:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
You know why he'll work on Walker females better than bluetick females?

Because the Walker females that are being bred to him are better. Miles and Miles better. Its not even close. Country will reproduce, but the bluetick breed has a long ways to go. He can't save it over night.

X2
Mic drop!!

**Number 1 thing holding Bluetick breed back has been proven again......Jealousy**

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 07-06-2020 at 03:12 PM

Old Post 07-06-2020 03:07 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
X2
Mic drop!!

**Number 1 thing holding Bluetick breed back has been proven again......Jealousy**

No just refusing to evolve with the other breeds kinda like the guy that said the walkers win the SS because there is more of them.

You want us to pay the blue dogs way so they will attend ?

Can’t win if they don’t go !!

Tar

Old Post 07-06-2020 03:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Yes

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
No just refusing to evolve with the other breeds kinda like the guy that said the walkers win the SS because there is more of them.

Tar

How much you offering? $$$$$$$$

Old Post 07-06-2020 10:11 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Yes

quote:

Tar

Old Post 07-06-2020 10:11 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Yes

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters

I want to hunt with the dog first because those blue dog boys are known to exaddurate.

Tar

Old Post 07-06-2020 10:51 PM
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Trey don't let these guys get under your skin I think most of us know what kind of dog you carry around!!!

Old Post 07-06-2020 11:22 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traye Hearn
UKC Forum Member

Mark V

Thanks Mark. I’m good and do appreciate everyone’s comments but it just gets to me how people talk negative about things that don’t even pertain to the topic just to get their word in.

Old Post 07-07-2020 12:24 AM
Traye Hearn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traye Hearn Click here to Send Traye Hearn a Private Message Click Here to Email Traye Hearn Find more posts by Traye Hearn Add Traye Hearn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Traye

You know what the old saying is , "opinions are like back ends, everyone has one". You and I both know that it does not matter what anyone says, it does not change a thing from being what it is. You have s good bloodline, if not the best in the Bluetick Breed, it's your dog, breed like you see fit. I highly suspect that you will be making a heck of a cross if you breed to BC. Probably take a real coon hunter to follow those pups and you won't have any problem selling pups out of that cross. We all know it's free advertising on this website anyway any a lot of folks test the waters on this forum board. Gook luck. Dave

Old Post 07-07-2020 12:49 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

Yadkintar...it was me who said that...you made a blanket statement about the walkers that have won against Big Countries pups which was totally unfair...

Now the posts have changed to include all Blueticks...Your original statement can apply here...

I think many people tend to make blanket statements that are or can be half truths...we should look at the big picture and ask the right questions and then try to answer them as honestly as possible...

One dog might be better suited for competition hunting and another dog more so for pleasure hunting...

Old Post 07-07-2020 12:59 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Traye Hearn

Put me on your list if you make this cross! Even if the great never have won much of nothing or produced anything YAPPINTAR does not agree with it!

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 07-07-2020 01:07 AM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Traye Hearn

quote:
Originally posted by Heikki
Put me on your list if you make this cross! Even if the great never have won much of nothing or produced anything YAPPINTAR does not agree with it!

My opinion on your opinion is you don’t know what your talking about. Simple as that !!

Dave , Ruben I have good insight on what I am talking about. The way the other breeds talk about the walkers win records is like the held down by the man speeches. The opportunities are the same for all if you do your homework and work hard.

Tar

Old Post 07-07-2020 01:17 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I happen to agree on the same opportunities for everyone and every dog. I respect your opinions on a whole lot of things, but like everyone, we don't always agree. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-07-2020 01:31 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

If you don't agree with the Tar, you must be wrong! Nuff said.

Old Post 07-07-2020 01:38 AM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave I gave an example on anouther thread of what a dogs Reproduction record per amount Of pups should look like ( if ) he is any kind of reproducer. I would just for history purposes like to see BC his Sire and grandsires reproduction performance ( current ) numbers. Then if I owe an appoligy I as always will give it on here.

Robert hitt

Old Post 07-07-2020 01:39 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Now that is something I have no knowledge about! I would definitely like to own him just to coon hunt, I enjoy a coon dog of any breed or color. Some folks pay way to much attention to hunt records and a lot of dogs just get pleasure hunted. You and I both know that some of those hunt records are certainly not something to rely on in determining a coon dog. Yes, it's something a lot of folks put value in, but I am not one of them. I have seen way to many Grand Night Champions that was no way near being a COON DOG. BC is both a coon dog and a competition dog, my kind of dog. I have heard good things about several other dogs in his pedigree, but do not know anything personally. The fact John is hunting BC is all I need to know that he is the real deal, John can hunt any dog of any breed that he chooses to hunt. Nuff said. Dave

Old Post 07-07-2020 02:35 AM
yadkintar
Banned

The original poster wanted to know if it was a good cross the only way to know is to look at the numbers............... I may or may not already have them lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-07-2020 02:46 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Dave I gave an example on anouther thread of what a dogs Reproduction record per amount Of pups should look like ( if ) he is any kind of reproducer. I would just for history purposes like to see BC his Sire and grandsires reproduction performance ( current ) numbers. Then if I owe an appoligy I as always will give it on here.

Robert hitt

His side and grandsire's pups are all hunting age. Country's are not even close.

Old Post 07-07-2020 03:41 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
His side and grandsire's pups are all hunting age. Country's are not even close.

He has some a lot older than you think. The ones I hunted with were past two yrs old.

Tar

Old Post 07-07-2020 10:12 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
He has some a lot older than you think. The ones I hunted with were past two yrs old.

Tar

Some.

Not many.

Old Post 07-07-2020 12:53 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

If ya want to talk about reproducing numbers. What's up with lipper's numbers? Why would anyone want to have lipper in there ped. His numbers look horrible.
I'm sure tar can explain.

Old Post 07-07-2020 01:33 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
If ya want to talk about reproducing numbers. What's up with lipper's numbers? Why would anyone want to have lipper in there ped. His numbers look horrible.
I'm sure tar can explain.

Well for one he did have some help with those numbers and he is still getting it. But those of us that was in the mix would see those lipper dogs could get every last strike and every last tree in a cast but those big pretty boogers with that monster mouth would be the one some rich guy would buy.

Why do rich guys buy corvettes ? They cost a lot , they are pretty , they are fast , they are loud , but they are made of plastic !!

Tar

Old Post 07-07-2020 01:44 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Tar you wouldn't own a lipper. You also wouldn't own a rattler bred dog without the lipper in it. He reproduced a trait you hate but need in your line to have success.
Maybe just maybe bc throws that same trait idk but where bound to find out in the future.

Old Post 07-07-2020 02:49 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote