UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Yadkin River coonhounds
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mark Gravitt
New UKC Forum Member

Yadkin River coonhounds

Info on Yadkin River walkers.New here and never been a person of computer stuff.Looking to read about and see best ways of training a coonhound.Kinda new to all this so any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-27-2016 03:41 AM
Mark Gravitt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Gravitt Click here to Send Mark Gravitt a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Gravitt Add Mark Gravitt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

I can tell you a little about a dog named Nite CH. Yadkin River Crowder. I knew his owner, Gordon Gilroy and hunted with them many a night. Crowder was about as nice and balanced of a coon dog as anyone could want. He could have easily made grand, but back in the 80's there were a lot of tree fighters in the hunts and Gordon cared more for the dog than to put him in that position.
Most folks today have never heard of Crowder or his owner and that is a shame. He was the daddy of a dog called "Sacket". "Sacket Jr." is the daddy of a dog called "Rat Attack" who is the number 1 historical reproducer.
If the dog or dogs you are getting started with are Yadkin River bred then I'd say you are off to a good start!!! Best of luck.

Old Post 05-27-2016 09:07 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Gravitt
New UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info.Mike Edwards is where the dog come from if anyone knows him.Im in Va.The pups 8 months old:To my knowledge she's really after a hide but I haven't did anything with her yet.Letting her get comfortable with me and gain her trust I guess is the best way I can describe it.Any pointers on a good start with her I would greatly appreciate.Im going whole howg this go round and don't want me t be the problem this time for not mark get an ok dog a great dog or there abouts great dog.

Old Post 05-27-2016 03:31 PM
Mark Gravitt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Gravitt Click here to Send Mark Gravitt a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Gravitt Add Mark Gravitt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

i have been breeding heavy yadkin blooded dogs for quite a few generations,and i even have a one year old from mikes breedings ,and at 8 months i expect them to already be running .the one from mike hunts deep ,and is a great natural treedog .id be putting that dog in the woods with game exsposure .yadkin dogs are generally early starters,and they are not typically close hunters in my experience.

Old Post 05-28-2016 12:24 PM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Gravitt
New UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info.Going tonight.Will reply with how she did.

Old Post 05-28-2016 03:37 PM