UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > For all you tough guys!
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Albert Fulton
UKC Forum Member

Hey Rip, Dr Fauci seems seems to have a different opinion of the severity of the pandemic than you. I think I will use him for my second opinion.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-29-2020 11:43 PM
Albert Fulton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Albert Fulton Click here to Send Albert Fulton a Private Message Click Here to Email Albert Fulton Find more posts by Albert Fulton Add Albert Fulton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

So doctors and scientists from every corner of the globe that are saying this virus can be transmitted from a door knob,gas pumps,shopping carts etc etc are all wrong ???

Or just the ones that are anti T-Rump 😕

Old Post 11-29-2020 11:53 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Where does Fauci get his info from. Is he out there in the real world practicing medicine and seeing what is going on first hand? Or is he sitting up there in DC listening to a bunch of politicians and scientists? And where are those scientists getting their info from? Are they out in the real world or are they holed up in an academic community listening to each other theorize about what they believe might be happening. I believe that I will listen to the real Drs.

Old Post 11-30-2020 12:21 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
So doctors and scientists from every corner of the globe that are saying this virus can be transmitted from a door knob,gas pumps,shopping carts etc etc are all wrong ???

Or just the ones that are anti T-Rump 😕

Actually no they are not. That has changed significantly. They are now saying it isn't transmitted on surfaces.

I too was guilty of saying that back in March because of the fact that live virus was found 72 hours on surfaces.

However further study revealed there was not enough viral load for infection and now surfaces are not considered a major vector unless you happen to touch a still moist surface from someone elses sneeze and then touch your nose/mouth just like any other virus.

So during my videos and radio addresses I had to change when the data changed. I used to tell people to disinfect their groceries and their mail. Now we know that is not needed.

Last edited by Rip on 11-30-2020 at 12:46 AM

Old Post 11-30-2020 12:38 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Albert Fulton
Hey Rip, Dr Fauci seems seems to have a different opinion of the severity of the pandemic than you. I think I will use him for my second opinion.

Well no he is just now admitting what I and most other doctors that are actually out there treating real patients knew a few months ago (he probably did too but didn't want to say it for whatever reason). Here is the clip of him finally saying child to child transmission is not the problem. The data has shown this since May or June, something like that but he finally stated it recently.

And he does owe Dr. Rand Paul an apology.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1333130182585151489

“Look at the data, the spread from children and among children is not very big at all, not like one would have suspected”

Last edited by Rip on 11-30-2020 at 02:05 AM

Old Post 11-30-2020 12:41 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: For all you tough guys!

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
For all the tough guys out there that think this Covid is a joke come get you some... lol
Whew😞

I had it takes the sap out of me am recoverd

Old Post 11-30-2020 01:29 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: For all you tough guys!

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
For all the tough guys out there that think this Covid is a joke come get you some... lol
Whew😞

I had it takes the sap out of me am recoverd

Old Post 11-30-2020 01:29 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

13 days in and I’m still hot!
Day 8-12 was tortureous with fever asked doctor how long this can last, he said no one knows.
He gave me some meds that he hoped would help, and said I hope you can outlast it friend.
What a hardship on people trying to help people.
I felt bad he had to be in room with me, Thank God for our health care people !

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 11-30-2020 12:45 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8up
UKC Forum Member

Rip if you can't get masks go to ebay type in KN 95 mask you can get all you want . 1000 for $1000 which should be cheap enough to pass on to each patients bill.

I personally don't understand some of your views like the 15 minute thing because a sneeze only takes a second.

I bought mask in the beginning of all this. I wear them anytime I go inside a building I don't own. I also keep mask in all my cars and trucks and hand sanitizer. I don't wear it in my car or out side but we do wipe our groceries down and our mail is left in our car a few days most the time.

I do everything I can to not catch it and not because I fear death because most days the thought of no tomorrow is no big deal. My biggest fear is passing it to a loved one or to someone or anyone that in turn causes someone else's death. Because of this I will use mask inside around others. I do not go out for dinner (never did much any way) I did go to Fall SS and World but never went in a building at either.

Old Post 12-04-2020 06:02 AM
8up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8up Click here to Send 8up a Private Message Click Here to Email 8up Find more posts by 8up Add 8up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 8up
Rip if you can't get masks go to ebay type in KN 95 mask you can get all you want . 1000 for $1000 which should be cheap enough to pass on to each patients bill.

I personally don't understand some of your views like the 15 minute thing because a sneeze only takes a second.

I bought mask in the beginning of all this. I wear them anytime I go inside a building I don't own. I also keep mask in all my cars and trucks and hand sanitizer. I don't wear it in my car or out side but we do wipe our groceries down and our mail is left in our car a few days most the time.

I do everything I can to not catch it and not because I fear death because most days the thought of no tomorrow is no big deal. My biggest fear is passing it to a loved one or to someone or anyone that in turn causes someone else's death. Because of this I will use mask inside around others. I do not go out for dinner (never did much any way) I did go to Fall SS and World but never went in a building at either.

The 15 minutes is the SCIENCE behind it. It is a function of the amount of virus an infected person sheds over time and the amount of virus needed to be inhaled to cause an infection.

The science says it takes 15 minutes for an unprotected person to become infected if they are within 6 feet of an infected person.

The people screaming mask mask mask are NOT following the data nor the science.

The DEFINITION OF EXPOSURE is being within 6 feet of an infected person for 15 minutes or longer with NO MASK. That is the CDC definition. It's not my definition. If you are beside them for 10 minutes you are not quarantined, you are not tested. You are not exposed. If you are NOT EXPOSED you can't get it (obviously talking about the ordinary person not imunocompromised). Just like you can't drown if you are not inhaling liquid. It's your choice on what you do but the science also shows now that it isn't transmitted on surfaces. Your mail is safe, your groceries are safe.

I am not against masks. I am against wasting masks. Masks have their time and place. That is not outside, in your car or running in and out of the store to pay for gas and things of that nature. They are better than nothing when you find yourself in a situation where you are in a crowd and can't stay away from folks and you have to be in there for more than just a short amount of time.

They also have their place in the OR. See the mask does NOT protect the patient. It protects ME the surgeon from getting blood in my mouth when speaking/asking for instruments. Masks do NOT decrease the risk of infection for the patient. You can operate without a mask. There is no benefit to the patient for the surgeon to wear a mask. The mask protects me from large things like blood, peritoneal fluid and bowel contents and allows me to communicate. I use the same mask for weeks now due to the shortage and I have to risk getting something in my eye because the only thing we can get is not the same quality and I can't wear eye protection with them due to fogging. Patient comes first so I risk it to be better able to see.

As for passing it on to the bill, that is illegal......

We are having trouble getting hospital grade masks because of them being wasted and the factories that make them switching over to the cheap and largely ineffective masks they are selling at walmart....

As for why it is spreading in spite of the fact that people are wearing masks, it's because masks provide very little benefit put people are wrongly convinced they are great. They DO provide some benefit and if done properly they would help somewhat. The virus is much smaller than the pores on the mask, especially the cheap masks and cloth masks.

But the main reason is people have heard mask so much they think they can wear a mask and don't have to stay away. That's what I mean by if they were worn properly then they could help a little. They are not a substitute for staying away from people because you can STILL get the disease wearing a mask. Just look at myself and the other doctors/nurses/paramedics that got it. It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to get the disease if you stay away from people.

Again the ONLY thing that has been scientifically proven to prevent exposure period is to STAY AWAY FROM INFECTED PEOPLE.

Infection is a function of viral load over time. Stay away from people, wash your hands. If you must go around people time is the most important factor, not a mask. The mask shields you a little bit and gives you a little extra time before you reach the critical viral load that can cause infection.

I can promise you that mask isn't going to protect you for more than an extra minute or so (new article today backed that up, 2 extra minutes for a mask). That's why so many of us that are taking care of patients are catching it as well. It helps a little true but it doesn't replace the things that work, STAYING AWAY FROM INFECTED PEOPLE.

The mask is like the ball cap in the rain. It's better than nothing but if that's what you are counting on to protect you then you are gonna get wet.

Bottom line is wash your hands and stay away from people. That's it in a nutshell.

Last edited by Rip on 12-04-2020 at 03:42 PM

Old Post 12-04-2020 06:45 AM
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

My daughter works within four feet of a coworker all day one Friday, coworker had what she thought was sinus infection. She was check positive for c-19. My daughter was quarantined for 2 weeks n was never had a sign of catching it. I'm so greatful for that. So why wouldn't she have caught it according to The experts? JesseJ

Old Post 12-04-2020 05:18 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JesseJ
My daughter works within four feet of a coworker all day one Friday, coworker had what she thought was sinus infection. She was check positive for c-19. My daughter was quarantined for 2 weeks n was never had a sign of catching it. I'm so greatful for that. So why wouldn't she have caught it according to The experts? JesseJ

She either didn't inhale enough of the virus to cause an infection (depends on how symptomatic her coworker was, air flow and things) OR she already had it, didn't know it, and was already immune.

Old Post 12-04-2020 05:52 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
She either didn't inhale enough of the virus to cause an infection (depends on how symptomatic her coworker was, air flow and things) OR she already had it, didn't know it, and was already immune.

I told my 25 year old son that if somebody got the virus that they would build up an immunity against it. He said "Dad, that's the dumbest thing that I have ever heard you say". I'm glad I'm not the only "dumb" person in the world. LMBO.

I know several people who have been quarantined with people who have had the virus and they didn't catch it even though they were in the same house for 2 weeks with Covid positive people. I don't think catching it is any different than any other virus, sometimes you are living with people who have viruses and you don't catch what they had without trying or doing anything precautionary. My thinking is that the Rona has all of the same rules of transfer but some people react worse and some people not as bad when they catch the Rona compared to a "normal" virus.

Old Post 12-05-2020 02:03 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
I told my 25 year old son that if somebody got the virus that they would build up an immunity against it. He said "Dad, that's the dumbest thing that I have ever heard you say". I'm glad I'm not the only "dumb" person in the world. LMBO.

I know several people who have been quarantined with people who have had the virus and they didn't catch it even though they were in the same house for 2 weeks with Covid positive people. I don't think catching it is any different than any other virus, sometimes you are living with people who have viruses and you don't catch what they had without trying or doing anything precautionary. My thinking is that the Rona has all of the same rules of transfer but some people react worse and some people not as bad when they catch the Rona compared to a "normal" virus.

He was wrong and you are correct. 100%. That's how immunity works.

Old Post 12-05-2020 03:36 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Some people have a strong autoimmune system and some don't. If you could figure out why that is, you could win a Nobel Prize. If you catch everything that comes along and stay sick half of the time, you had better stay home. If you are a "tough guy" and never get sick, then don't worry about it.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-05-2020 at 01:33 PM

Old Post 12-05-2020 01:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

My brother-in-law tested positive for covid-19 and he never knew he had it...no symptoms whatsoever for the duration...lasted about 3 weeks...

Old Post 12-05-2020 11:29 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

My brother-in-law tested positive for covid-19 and he never knew he had it...no symptoms whatsoever for the duration...lasted about 3 weeks...

Old Post 12-05-2020 11:30 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Seals
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Rip,
With all of this being said. What’s your stance on the vaccine?

Old Post 12-06-2020 05:49 AM
D Seals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Seals Click here to Send D Seals a Private Message Click Here to Email D Seals Find more posts by D Seals Add D Seals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by D Seals
Mr. Rip,
With all of this being said. What’s your stance on the vaccine?

I'm not going to take it because I have had the virus and I am immune.

If I had not had the disease already I would take it because of what I do every day being exposed all the time.

I am going to encourage my parents, aunts and uncles to take it because they have NOT had the disease and I think their risk factors are such that they would likely not make it through a significant case of corona.

I would NOT have my children to take it because the risk of it being serious to them is almost nonexistent and there could be side effects to the vaccine we don't know about.

It really is an individual decision. You just have to weigh the risks and benefits to each person.

If you are at risk of having a poor outcome from the disease by all means take it. I know I would if I hadn't already had it.

Old Post 12-06-2020 03:47 PM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Rip

Want to Thank You for the information you have posted! I have couple question. Once a person has had the virus how long are you immune? I have heard 6 months, a year and life time. Since I just had it should I plan on the vaccine next year? Your input will be greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 12-06-2020 04:14 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Albert Fulton
UKC Forum Member

Health care professionals expect shortage of hospital beds and ICU beds throughout the heart land. We are running around 2000 deaths a day and they believe the worst is yet to come. Time to believe the scientist and leading immunologist . Wear masks and don’t have family gatherings to protect your family. Stay out of public gatherings.Get the vaccine when it becomes available.

Old Post 12-06-2020 04:39 PM
Albert Fulton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Albert Fulton Click here to Send Albert Fulton a Private Message Click Here to Email Albert Fulton Find more posts by Albert Fulton Add Albert Fulton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rip

quote:
Originally posted by RC-Abby
Want to Thank You for the information you have posted! I have couple question. Once a person has had the virus how long are you immune? I have heard 6 months, a year and life time. Since I just had it should I plan on the vaccine next year? Your input will be greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks

Randi Bidlack

Right now we know the antibodies last at least 3-6 months but we think it goes to a T cell response with memory cells so immunity is likely to be for life. No way to know for now for sure but that's the way it usually works with most stable diseases.

As for next year, well so far this thing has not mutated much. The reason we have to take the flu shot every year is because of its rapid mutation. We don't have to get revaccinated for Hepatitis B because it is stable.

So far this has been fairly stable but if it starts mutating alot all bets are off.

I am hopeful it continues to be stable and this is pretty much a lifetime vaccination/immunity after exposure. Notice I said hopeful.

One of the first things you learn as a doctor is never use never or always.

Last edited by Rip on 12-06-2020 at 05:45 PM

Old Post 12-06-2020 05:40 PM
micooner
UKC Forum Member

While my wife was being treated back in june the cdc head dr for our region told me publicly that there were 2 mutations but privately they have identified up to 6 possible mutations. After 6 months still has reduced lung function and mental brain fog with constant fatigue. Wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance.

Old Post 12-06-2020 05:55 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

I have a elderly friend that had it. Just had symptoms for a few days. His wife has lots of health problems and she never caught it. He was tested for antibodies about a month later and didn’t have any. Also know of two people that tested negative 2 or 3 times before a positive test and they were sick the whole time. I don’t know how accurate the tests are.

Old Post 12-06-2020 06:03 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
I have a elderly friend that had it. Just had symptoms for a few days. His wife has lots of health problems and she never caught it. He was tested for antibodies about a month later and didn’t have any. Also know of two people that tested negative 2 or 3 times before a positive test and they were sick the whole time. I don’t know how accurate the tests are.

It depends on the test and proper test selection for each patient. I know people want to scream absolutes and to "always" do this or that but that isn't how medicine works.

The PCR test is TOO sensitive. It magnifies the RNA so that even people that had a mild exposure but didn't get the disease and were never contagious were shown to be positive. That has been discussed at length but it was the best we had at the time. It just had too many people that were not sick and were never sick pegged as positive when they really were not (false positive).

Then you have the antigen test, that tests the level of the particles that make you sick. It is GREAT but only if you have SYMPTOMS. It has a higher false NEGATIVE rate if you are asymptomatic, but if you have had symptoms for a couple of days it is my test of choice due to it being extremely accurate. Again though it is NOT a good test if you don't have symptoms because it tests for the parts that make you sick.

You have the antibody test. That is highly variable based on who makes the test and where it comes from. In the beginning there were many absolutely awful antibody tests that had both high false positive and high false negative rates but hey it was a test and people took them. You might as well have flipped a coin on many of them.

We have better antibody testing now than in the beginning. I helped test my hospitals antibody testing. I tested negative 2-3 times for both immediate infection antibodies and previous exposure antibodies. Of course this was when I wasn't sick. I forget how many times I was tested due to exposure and my bad sinuses (not just that test I tested PCR and Antigen as well when you are exposed constantly and have bad sinuses you get poked and probed alot LOL)

Then after I actually had the disease I tested again and the antibodies were through the roof. We had others as well as me that tested the system. The antibody test we have is solid.

BUT the test of choice for me and my patients in the ANTIGEN test after being symptomatic for a couple of days. That is the most accurate way IMO.

So with that info it should be easier to see how someone can have "negative tests" then pop positive later and vice versa, they popped positive then had negative tests. Look at Nick Saban for an example of that.

Last edited by Rip on 12-06-2020 at 07:02 PM

Old Post 12-06-2020 06:59 PM