UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ohio coon season
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Slim shady
Banned

Ohio coon season

Anyone having much luck in Ohio? We started off great but the wheels have fell off the last couple nights lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2017 12:36 PM
Slim shady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slim shady Click here to Send Slim shady a Private Message Find more posts by Slim shady Add Slim shady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Bourne
UKC Forum Member

Corn stubble

Have heard no other dogs, yet.Try corn stubble, my 10 mo. Old pup is getting consistent feeder tracks and a coon at the end.Wish I had standing corn to hunt, gone already here.
I always hunt a different woods, that helps to. The pup has more nose than his Momma, that helps. Keep going sometimes you are in the right place at the right time. Has nothing to do with the dogs. Oh, mine dont check in,
Be carefull where you drop, That hunting part is a matter of taste.

Old Post 11-15-2017 01:19 PM
Jason Bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Bourne Click here to Send Jason Bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Bourne Find more posts by Jason Bourne Add Jason Bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

We've only been out twice,,opening night and Sunday night,both nights from 1:00 am to 4:30 am,,and we've done pretty decent,,coon running all over here.
First night treed 13 plus 3 or 4 dens with coon seen in them,1 tree had 3 coon and 1 tree had 4 in it,,the rest were singles,,,2nd night we treed 6 coon and 6 dens,,didn't see coons in the dens this time,,good luck this season

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Last edited by Jrkb2012 on 11-15-2017 at 03:41 PM

Old Post 11-15-2017 02:20 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambert dillon
UKC Forum Member

Started good also but like you wheels have fell off but I think the wheels fell off my dog. Seeing coon he is just in a rut rite now.

Old Post 11-16-2017 01:30 AM
lambert dillon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lambert dillon Click here to Send lambert dillon a Private Message Click Here to Email lambert dillon Find more posts by lambert dillon Add lambert dillon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tln70
UKC Forum Member

Been out 3 or 4 times, treeing coon but hasn't been great. Night before last had coons running all over. Unfortunately I was hunting my friends pup instead of mine. Lol

Old Post 11-16-2017 01:49 PM
tln70 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tln70 Click here to Send tln70 a Private Message Click Here to Email tln70 Find more posts by tln70 Add tln70 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camaroracer
UKC Forum Member

Lambert dillon

Lambert Dillon hows the young walker female coming along?

Old Post 11-16-2017 04:52 PM
camaroracer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for camaroracer Click here to Send camaroracer a Private Message Click Here to Email camaroracer Find more posts by camaroracer Add camaroracer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambert dillon
UKC Forum Member

That young female can run a opussom with the best of them. She would be a nice dog if my buddy ever decided to hunt her.

Old Post 11-18-2017 05:55 AM
lambert dillon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lambert dillon Click here to Send lambert dillon a Private Message Click Here to Email lambert dillon Find more posts by lambert dillon Add lambert dillon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camaroracer
UKC Forum Member

Would he sale her?

Old Post 11-19-2017 02:06 AM
camaroracer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for camaroracer Click here to Send camaroracer a Private Message Click Here to Email camaroracer Find more posts by camaroracer Add camaroracer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

I hunted my pup in her first hunt here in Central Ohio on Friday night. She's a 13 month old English female. I didn't expect to win but we had a good cast treeing 4 or 5 coon and I picked up her 1st place win. Youngest dog I have ever entered in a hunt.

I hunted Jam and Blue Tuesday and Thursday and coon were sure moving good around my house. Should be a decent week this week now that this thunder storm is moving out. Dumped about 4 or 5 inches on my place.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 11-19-2017 05:45 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambert dillon
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure he would sell her.

Old Post 11-19-2017 10:51 PM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
I hunted my pup in her first hunt here in Central Ohio on Friday night. She's a 13 month old English female. I didn't expect to win but we had a good cast treeing 4 or 5 coon and I picked up her 1st place win. Youngest dog I have ever entered in a hunt.

I hunted Jam and Blue Tuesday and Thursday and coon were sure moving good around my house. Should be a decent week this week now that this thunder storm is moving out. Dumped about 4 or 5 inches on my place.

Not sure how much rain we got here,,but I know we won't be going to the woods anytime soon,,fields look like oceans,,and 95% of our hunting spots are 1/2 mile plus off the road,,good luck hunting.

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Old Post 11-20-2017 01:41 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

We have been treeing coon every night out. Speck and Hook having no problems yet. Have had some drops they had to travel some to get struck tho. Went to the New Philly night hunt Saturday and boy what a flooded mess.. Took Speck and she had two singles by herself and was tied with a very nice walker called Doc. Doc took over on the last drop and won the cast. We looked at six trees with coon. Very proud of that little female for going toe to toe in very rough wet and flooded conditions.

Old Post 11-20-2017 01:57 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
We have been treeing coon every night out. Speck and Hook having no problems yet. Have had some drops they had to travel some to get struck tho. Went to the New Philly night hunt Saturday and boy what a flooded mess.. Took Speck and she had two singles by herself and was tied with a very nice walker called Doc. Doc took over on the last drop and won the cast. We looked at six trees with coon. Very proud of that little female for going toe to toe in very rough wet and flooded conditions.

Sounds like you had a good hunt Ron and your dog gave you a chance to win. That's all you can ask for. I don't mind getting beat when there's coon to be treed. Blue has won a couple early casts in PKC so far I hope to keep him in the state standings. Alot of tough dogs around me.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 11-20-2017 11:28 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Had a good hunt last night treeing several coon with Jam and Blue. Got a late 8 pm start and by 11 30 the winds and rain mixed with snow was coming down hard. I had to go through some deep water and sprung a leak lol going to take a few days for that boot to dry out.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 11-22-2017 02:47 PM
z-town-blue
UKC Forum Member

Been some cold and frosty nights and some rainy ones too, but all in all i've treed a few with ole blue. Having a good time.

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING and GOOD HUNTING to ALL."

Old Post 11-23-2017 04:06 PM
z-town-blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z-town-blue Click here to Send z-town-blue a Private Message Click Here to Email z-town-blue Find more posts by z-town-blue Add z-town-blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambert dillon
UKC Forum Member

Took my old dog for a few cuts the other night. I had to carry her to the truck. Broke my heart the old girl still has the heart just not the legs.

Old Post 11-23-2017 06:58 PM
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

I may take old dog tonight for first time been working 12 hours a day 6 days a week by time I get a little of the neglected things done on Sunday I'm ready to rest for next work week.... I should just sell the dogs but doubt I could replace the old dog within reason when work settles down which probably won't be til spring way its looking.

Old Post 11-23-2017 09:33 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Bourne
UKC Forum Member

Cold track

Pup warmed a track up.out of the woods, through stubble to a farmers barn. Called him and went to the pup. Treed solid in a shed. A house cat, I looked at the pup and said "are you kidding me?"Long walk back to the truck. Hunting the broke dog tonight, guess I better never leave my shocker off again when hunting!

Old Post 11-28-2017 09:44 PM
Jason Bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Bourne Click here to Send Jason Bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Bourne Find more posts by Jason Bourne Add Jason Bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

Didn't make it out over thanksgiving after all. I did take old dog last night with the grandkids. He was .68 and treed on big den in about twenty minutes. Only drop we made I was gonna turn again but grand daughter informed me it was late already and she had to get up and go to church!! So one drop it was...lol

Old Post 12-03-2017 10:22 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote