UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hard to sell....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Hard to sell....

It seems like no matter how nice, hounds are sure hard to sell. I get messages all the time wanting to know if I "know if any kids looking for a dog"

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-11-2019 09:16 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

pups

Round here the Amish don't have to much trouble selling mixed up yard trash for $2-400 and very nice bred coonhounds you better be happy to have a few friends to take em

Old Post 07-15-2019 02:36 AM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

I sure don't have that problem. I have hunters calling me all the time telling me to just call them when I am ready to sell the pup I am training.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 07-15-2019 04:47 AM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Everyday someone calls looking for something from pups, started dogs to the real deal.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-15-2019 06:10 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Everyday someone calls looking for something from pups, started dogs to the real deal.

Same here, I have no problem moving a dog or pups I do have a problem keeping them, Someone will come along an make an offer I can’t turn down,

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-15-2019 12:05 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I have 1 right now that I put on the board and nothing. It may have to do with the time of year or location Idk.

Old Post 07-15-2019 01:28 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Y’all pricing your dogs to cheap. Those big money men won’t buy a dog if it’s to cheap. One just sold for $7,500 down here all it had won was a $1,000 in $$$$ hunts. And would just tree a coon like everybody else’s.

Tar

Old Post 07-15-2019 01:37 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I live not far from Cheyenne and I am one of those that calls looking for a dog. Right now I am looking for either a very well started pup or a dog that is pretty much finished. Now I may be too tight but I am willing to spend some money for the right dog and they are very hard to find. Just can't imagine anyone having two or three good dogs and having trouble selling them. Now I know that the $$$ can be the problem. Some folks aren't going to give over $1500 for anything and some folks think a started dog is worth $4000 so that can be the issue. Truly I don't know what a dog is worth but since I only pleasure hunt I don't have any means of making back part of that purchase price.

Old Post 07-15-2019 03:31 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

They're alot harder to buy than sell. I tried 2 last week that did about half what they were advertised to do. Whats really hard to find is an honest seller..

Old Post 07-15-2019 03:54 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

A lot of the pricing and being able to sell dogs is about who’s doing the selling. Ball used to give $500 and sell for $5000.

Old Post 07-15-2019 03:56 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

A lot of the pricing and being able to sell dogs is about who’s doing the selling. Ball used to give $500 and sell for $5000.

Old Post 07-15-2019 03:56 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

If you won’t to get a good price for a dog just say That One Is Not For Sale.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-15-2019 06:04 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I use to buy nice made/bred horses ride em for 30 or 40 days and sell them. I could price horse for $2000 put on all websites not any interest. Take it down wait a month put back on same sites for $4500 and sell it no time flat. People with money to spend think the more they spend better horse/dog.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 07-16-2019 11:30 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Nathan

Sadly, you are correct, people seem to think price equates quality. While this may be correct regarding some things in life, it is NOT correct with ALL things. Dogs and horses are very subjective in value and price dies not indicate true value, it only means that someone was willing to pay the purchase price. I never pay any attention to what something is priced, I am more interested in its value to me. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 07-17-2019 at 01:12 AM

Old Post 07-17-2019 01:10 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

A man once asked me what the difference in a $500 dog and a $1500 dog was. When I said probably the $1500 was better. He said no, the difference was $1000 and usually that was all the difference. This was 30 years ago so the prices may have changed but the moral is the same.

Old Post 07-17-2019 01:23 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

A man once asked me what the difference in a $500 dog and a $1500 dog was. When I said probably the $1500 was better. He said no, the difference was $1000 and usually that was all the difference. This was 30 years ago so the prices may have changed but the moral is the same.

Old Post 07-17-2019 01:23 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom

Only difference in a $500 dog and a $2,500 dog is 90 days of hard hunting.

Tar

Old Post 07-17-2019 01:36 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I think what you say is right a lot of the time but I have seen dogs that after 90 days of hard hunting were still not even $500 dogs. They just didn't have it, whatever it is.

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:00 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I think what you say is right a lot of the time but I have seen dogs that after 90 days of hard hunting were still not even $500 dogs. They just didn't have it, whatever it is.

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:00 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

A lot of it was timing. You pleasure hunted with the dog several times one night he had a bad night and the owner said I think I am going to sell that dog you made an offer and he took it. You had an eye for talent and knew you could improve that dog.

I always done better when I let the deals come to me instead of me going to the deals.

Tar

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:06 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Always carry a good amount of cash with you. then when a pretty good dog is having a bad night and the owner says "I'd take $$$ for him" just pull it out and buy him before he can change his mind. Seen it done more than once.

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:54 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Always carry a good amount of cash with you. then when a pretty good dog is having a bad night and the owner says "I'd take $$$ for him" just pull it out and buy him before he can change his mind. Seen it done more than once.

The little mustache man AW Norman taught me you make money when you buy not when you sell.

Makes sense even today me and Mrs tar needed new furniture we been watching market place on face book. Lady got on there and said moving tomorrow stuff has to go she had a bran new leather couch matching recliner and a bran new Hamilton beach roaster with all the warming trays she said what you give me ? Just jokingly I said I ain’t got but $30 in my wallet she said I will take it !!

Let the deals come to you.

Tar

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:02 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar you need to uncover a mystery for me. Was Mr. Norman a big baseball fan. Seemed like every time I called he was watching a baseball game and would keep shouting and talking about the game with his wife. Actually more than he wanted to talk coon dogs with me. He gave me a complex. Please tell me he really loved baseball.

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:19 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Rode many miles with him he was really dry if he didn’t know you. He took me and delton in the garage one day to give us our Christmas present he was really proud of his self for giving us those talking fish lol. He was a smart businessman he owned the lumber yard in granbury to he pretty much built that town. We called him the cookie jar his vice was buying dogs. We were on a road trip and a lady was behind us and a rock hit her windshield we pulled over and before it was over he convinced her that it was her fault for being to close and that had we stopped to quick she could had killed our valuable dogs before you know it she is petting the dogs crying lmbo.

Texas rangers and Dallas cowboys.

Boy those were the days.

Tar

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:34 PM
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

We have never had problems selling dogs. We hunt plotts not walkers though. We usually don't have to advertise them if we want to sell one and dad or I have people calling looking for them. I had a walker dog that was as good as any of our plotts and I couldn't sell him for half what a plott doing the same thing was doing. I guess it's just supply and demand. Finding a plott that can tree it's own coon is harder i guess so the demand is higher. And we don't really sell pups so when we do sell one it's generally over a year old and treeing coons. I think it is probably hard to sell dogs over 9 months old that are "green as grass".....when those dogs should never be being sold around in the first place.....

Last edited by gpent24 on 07-17-2019 at 04:39 PM

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:44 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote