UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rule ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
john kirby
UKC Forum Member

Rule ?

Scratched
6)i) If dog is continuously silent on trail.

when could this rule actualy be inforced?
Sceniro 1
if on first drop if all dogs A B C D struck in but you only hear ABC trail for next 15 min all dogs tree A B C D is dog D Scratched?

Sceniro 2
turn loose all dogs gone for couple minutes nothing opened dog A falls treed struck and treed in same breath by handler scratched or not? if not how many times can he due this till maybe he is scratched?

Sceniro 3 Same situation as sceniro 1 however this is 3rd drop and same thing has happened every time?

Males
RIP Dual Grand Rocky run bad news Bo
RIP NITECH GRCH Kirbys Thunder Strip

FCH GRCH GRNITECH Robinson silver tone bluespeck HTX

Females

GRNITECH CH 'PR' Grand lake belle pepper ( 5th open reg 2013 english days)( 2014 UKC world qualifier)

GRCH NITECH 'PR' Robinson Otka Valley Annie (blue spec female)

RIP GRANDNITECH GRCH 'PR' Bobby Holler Dixie (KATE) ( 2014 and 2015 UKC world top 100)(4th place NITECH 2014 English days, Nitech winner John Smith Memorial and Nitech Winner Bill Jackson Memorial)

GRNITECH 'PR' Kirbys Wicked Elsa Co-owned with Braden Royse (Awesome X Dotti)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2013 04:12 PM
john kirby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john kirby Click here to Send john kirby a Private Message Click Here to Email john kirby Find more posts by john kirby Add john kirby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrs. shinerunne
UKC Forum Member

whit said the way he understands it is the dog only has to open on track one time per hunt.. so it all depends on how you call. them.

Old Post 08-30-2013 05:07 PM
mrs. shinerunne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrs. shinerunne Click here to Send mrs. shinerunne a Private Message Click Here to Email mrs. shinerunne Visit mrs. shinerunne's homepage! Find more posts by mrs. shinerunne Add mrs. shinerunne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john kirby
UKC Forum Member

Devils Advocate
Where is the one bark rule?
is per hunt mean per track or in two hr hunt?

Males

Females

GRNITECH CH 'PR' Grand lake belle pepper ( 5th open reg 2013 english days)( 2014 UKC world qualifier)

RIP GRANDNITECH GRCH 'PR' Bobby Holler Dixie (KATE) ( 2014 and 2015 UKC world top 100)(4th place NITECH 2014 English days, Nitech winner John Smith Memorial and Nitech Winner Bill Jackson Memorial)

Old Post 08-30-2013 05:34 PM
john kirby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john kirby Click here to Send john kirby a Private Message Click Here to Email john kirby Find more posts by john kirby Add john kirby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

I have never seen this rule enforced, The dog i just finished to Grand is extremly tight on track. He will open some around water or in a cornfield race but 75% atleast when he opens its his locate and i can strike and tree him in the same breath. As long as the handler is honest and strikeing for 25 a tight mouth dog wont get ya in trouble. Pitching that dog for undeserved strike points is a different story.

Old Post 08-30-2013 06:26 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

"Continuously" silent on trail.

This has to mean more than one tree.

Todd has posted that a dog could be scratched after 2 trees.

In the real world that prolly isn't going to happen...

Old Post 08-30-2013 07:18 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeepsandGsds
UKC Forum Member

With the way people pitch there dogs it would be hard to enforce. I hate a silent dog. That's why I go to hear my dog and see a coon

Chelsey's Black Zelda - Gsd
Lola von Miller - Gsd
Agladia vom Schwarz - Gsd
Majors screamin Cade- Walker
Goose creek Daisy - walker

Old Post 08-30-2013 07:51 PM
JeepsandGsds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JeepsandGsds Click here to Send JeepsandGsds a Private Message Click Here to Email JeepsandGsds Find more posts by JeepsandGsds Add JeepsandGsds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

John, its judges discretion. Tom

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 08-31-2013 02:03 AM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buzzardcreek
Banned

This rule is moot

Old Post 08-31-2013 02:05 AM
buzzardcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buzzardcreek Click here to Send buzzardcreek a Private Message Click Here to Email buzzardcreek Find more posts by buzzardcreek Add buzzardcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by buzzardcreek
This rule is moot
Same as babbling rule.

Old Post 08-31-2013 02:33 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

rules are rules and we wonder why hunt attendance keeps dropping 1 guy ask for a vote about a babbler or silent dog is out voted every time ! why come to a hunt to be cheated by dishonest 2 hour maniacs that pick and choose what rules they want to enforce !

Old Post 08-31-2013 04:23 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

That's why everyone should strike for the same thing. Let the coon treeing capabilities tell who the winner is. That take the babblers and silent dogs outta the picture.

Old Post 08-31-2013 05:40 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john kirby
UKC Forum Member

Males

Females

Old Post 09-03-2013 08:37 PM
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer
I have never seen this rule enforced, The dog i just finished to Grand is extremly tight on track. He will open some around water or in a cornfield race but 75% atleast when he opens its his locate and i can strike and tree him in the same breath. As long as the handler is honest and strikeing for 25 a tight mouth dog wont get ya in trouble. Pitching that dog for undeserved strike points is a different story.

Should a dog like this actually be scratched according to the rules (I'm talking about when he doesn't open until he locates)? I'll be honest it sounds like a dog I'd enjoy hunting. I'd bet he's treed you a lot of coon and doesn't waste a lot of time doing it! I can't see what the big deal is bc I'm sure he normally only gets 25 strike points but my guess is he gets a lot more than his fair share of 1st tree points. One of the best dogs I've hunted was similar but opened a little more on track but just enough to let you know he was on a track and which way he was going.

Old Post 09-03-2013 08:51 PM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
That's why everyone should strike for the same thing. Let the coon treeing capabilities tell who the winner is. That take the babblers and silent dogs outta the picture.

It's kind of hard to argue with this logic. In my limited experience the silent trailers/tight mouth dogs got treed QUICK.

Old Post 09-03-2013 08:54 PM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

To scatch a dog for being still first he must have a very good locate, good enough that every one in the cast knows what he is doing. 2nd you must point out on the first drop that he did not open on the ground( once he makes it threw the 1st drop with no ? he is home free) then 4 drops later he must be winning the cast or no one give a sh#t if he is or is not. To tell you the truth if I can't beat a dog that is spotting me 75 points every drop i don't need to scratch him I need a new dog LOL

Old Post 09-04-2013 01:27 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mark V.
To scatch a dog for being still first he must have a very good locate, good enough that every one in the cast knows what he is doing. 2nd you must point out on the first drop that he did not open on the ground( once he makes it threw the 1st drop with no ? he is home free) then 4 drops later he must be winning the cast or no one give a sh#t if he is or is not. To tell you the truth if I can't beat a dog that is spotting me 75 points every drop i don't need to scratch him I need a new dog LOL

This is also a very good point. However, if the rule states a dog must open on track then it should open on track no matter how good he is at treeing coons. I personally have no problem with a tight mouthed coon dog. I'd prefer one that isn't totally silent bc I do enjoy listening to the chase also.

Old Post 09-04-2013 02:03 AM
john kirby
UKC Forum Member

Just to clear up any confussion iv never tried scratching anyone for this but it was brought up in discussion i had as a rule that never is enforced personaly I like a dog to open but that isnt the point of asking. The topics we realy talked about was
Silent dogs
Trouble making
Spectators getting involved all scratchable but noone ever does it

Males

Females

Old Post 09-04-2013 06:51 PM
Big R.D.
UKC Forum Member

silent

Dog only has to open on track once every 8 minutes if he does this he isn't silent.

Old Post 09-04-2013 07:17 PM
Big R.D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big R.D. Click here to Send Big R.D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Big R.D. Find more posts by Big R.D. Add Big R.D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote