UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bells.....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ki4qpu
UKC Forum Member

Bells.....

After buying some bells over the weekend I have seen numerous threads about them on here.

Just wanted to add something for those that are using or are interested in using them. I found some turkey bells at the local hardware for about 7.00 bucks a piece. I thought that was a little high and just happen to go to walmart to renew my license for this year. And was looking around in sporting goods and with the fishing stuff I found some berkley fishing pole bells 2 in a pack for 2.00. I thought for the price I couldn't pass it up. I liked being able to hear the dogs work. Being that my dogs are completely silent until they tree I really liked the idea of bells.

I seen some people say the bells effected their dogs because of the sound, possibly because of the tone of the bell. These had no effect on my dogs. And was all positive for me. Thought it might help someone.

Home of the pot lickers

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day! Teach a man to fish, and tomorrow he'll have all his buddies in your fishin' hole!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2010 07:31 PM
ki4qpu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ki4qpu Click here to Send ki4qpu a Private Message Click Here to Email ki4qpu Find more posts by ki4qpu Add ki4qpu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cannon miller
UKC Forum Member

I drew out with a guy hunting and english dog and he had 2 bells on his dogs collar. he swore up and down that they will keep the coyotes away from the dog, dont know if its true or not tho.. i think its kinda annoying personally lol.. buy a Garmin then u want watch every move or dogs make lol

Old Post 03-09-2010 07:36 PM
cannon miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cannon miller Click here to Send cannon miller a Private Message Click Here to Email cannon miller Find more posts by cannon miller Add cannon miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ki4qpu
UKC Forum Member

2.00 dollars...400.00 dollars 2.00 dollars.....400.00 dollars hmmm I think I will stick with the bells.

Home of the pot lickers

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day! Teach a man to fish, and tomorrow he'll have all his buddies in your fishin' hole!

Old Post 03-09-2010 07:39 PM
ki4qpu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ki4qpu Click here to Send ki4qpu a Private Message Click Here to Email ki4qpu Find more posts by ki4qpu Add ki4qpu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cannon miller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ki4qpu
2.00 dollars...400.00 dollars 2.00 dollars.....400.00 dollars hmmm I think I will stick with the bells.

more like $600 but yea lol... they make huntin alot easier, sure glad i bought one

Old Post 03-09-2010 07:46 PM
cannon miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cannon miller Click here to Send cannon miller a Private Message Click Here to Email cannon miller Find more posts by cannon miller Add cannon miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

ki4qpu, in the walmart camping section, they have the bells for hikers for less than 2 dollars that has mesh bag to store bell when not in use. I cut the mesh bag off and then use the attachment that is connected to bell to attach to collar.

I'll post a pic of it later today.

Old Post 03-09-2010 07:47 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whetstone
UKC Forum Member

the bell does help keep yotes off i use them on my rabbit hounds an a heck of a lot cheeper than that garmin

Old Post 03-09-2010 08:55 PM
whetstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whetstone Click here to Send whetstone a Private Message Click Here to Email whetstone Find more posts by whetstone Add whetstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pat endel
UKC Forum Member

bell

I don't understand,if you want to hunt silent dogs why would you put bells on them?

Old Post 03-09-2010 10:44 PM
pat endel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pat endel Click here to Send pat endel a Private Message Click Here to Email pat endel Find more posts by pat endel Add pat endel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

Re: bell

quote:
Originally posted by pat endel
I don't understand,if you want to hunt silent dogs why would you put bells on them?
likes a different kind of music!!

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 03-09-2010 10:48 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PROFESSORRAIN
UKC Forum Member

bells

Go to Hobby Lobby 2 pack $.99 and you can actually make them have different rings to tell which dog is which.Where i hunt it ain't nothin to hear 2 or 3 packs ain't had no problems so far don't want none.

Old Post 03-09-2010 10:57 PM
PROFESSORRAIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PROFESSORRAIN Click here to Send PROFESSORRAIN a Private Message Click Here to Email PROFESSORRAIN Visit PROFESSORRAIN's homepage! Find more posts by PROFESSORRAIN Add PROFESSORRAIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:

get yourseld lighted collar or those Tracker lights to attach to their collars

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 03-10-2010 12:02 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
intellectualist
Banned

quote:

Comparing a $2 bell to the Garmin Astro is like comparing a cigarette lighter to a solid rocket booster on the space shuttle!

Old Post 03-10-2010 01:05 AM
intellectualist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for intellectualist Click here to Send intellectualist a Private Message Click Here to Email intellectualist Find more posts by intellectualist Add intellectualist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by intellectualist
Comparing a $2 bell to the Garmin Astro is like comparing a cigarette lighter to a solid rocket booster on the space shuttle!

lmao bout the size of it

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 03-10-2010 01:06 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plottpower
UKC Forum Member

tape a picture of nancy pelosi to your dog, the only problem is the other dogs will run too

we live in the heart of coyote country and have never had a problem with coyotes, we run plotts

Old Post 03-10-2010 12:33 PM
plottpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plottpower Click here to Send plottpower a Private Message Click Here to Email plottpower Find more posts by plottpower Add plottpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ki4qpu
UKC Forum Member

Re: bell

quote:
Originally posted by pat endel

When is the last time you heard some one get the law called on them for ringing bells?

Home of the pot lickers

Old Post 03-10-2010 03:34 PM
dixietimber
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: bell

quote:
When is the last time you heard some one get the law called on them for ringing bells?

ki4qpu...good answer

Old Post 03-10-2010 03:39 PM
dixietimber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixietimber Click here to Send dixietimber a Private Message Click Here to Email dixietimber Find more posts by dixietimber Add dixietimber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by plottpower
tape a picture of nancy pelosi to your dog, the only problem is the other dogs will run too

we live in the heart of coyote country and have never had a problem with coyotes, we run plotts

a big 10-4 on nancy pelosi ty chuck west

Old Post 03-10-2010 08:17 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pat endel
UKC Forum Member

bell

My mistake,I didn't know they treed silent.

Old Post 03-10-2010 08:45 PM
pat endel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pat endel Click here to Send pat endel a Private Message Click Here to Email pat endel Find more posts by pat endel Add pat endel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ki4qpu
UKC Forum Member

Buckshot

I took your advice and bought two of those bells. I haven't tried them in the woods yet but the velcro is perfect. Thanks for the suggestion. Everbody disreguard the fishing pole bells and get the bells that drew is talking about, much much better. (They are called bear bells)

Home of the pot lickers

Old Post 03-11-2010 01:58 AM
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

Meant to post pics of them but totally forgot.........glad you were able to find them.

I was leary of them coming off the collar with the velcro but hand't had any issues in rough briars - the bells were in the same place after the hunt as when I put them on them. They appear to be doubled stitched and made pretty tough. I just cut the mess bag off at the velcro.

Old Post 03-11-2010 02:58 AM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote