UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Top Producer List
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hunter105
UKC Forum Member

Dwils

I was not trying to disrespect any ones nite champ, I have also had great Nt Champs. My point was in the low population areas Nite champ degrees are very easy to come by. I read the back of CB and see alot of hunts that host only 10 dogs, a couple casts, and even many one cast hunts. I think there are alot of dogs carrying that degree that don't deserve, and I truly wish the days of the 30-40 dog club hunts would come back. The nt Ch. degree used to carry alot more respect than it does now at least where hunt numbers are low.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-20-2011 06:33 PM
hunter105 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hunter105 Click here to Send hunter105 a Private Message Find more posts by hunter105 Add hunter105 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Just for conversation....

quote:
Originally posted by ml2543
Maybe change the HTX Degree where you have to complete 3 hunt tests to get the HTX degree.

That is what you have to do now to get the HTX degree, pass 3 hunt tests under 3 different inspectors.

Old Post 01-20-2011 06:44 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kycooner1
UKC Forum Member

I personally think the list are fine just the way they are..I would like to see one more category added for all time historical reproducers.

And in the top Perf Sire and Dams,, I would like to see the top 10 perf dogs of each breed posted.

(CH GRNTCH STAR HILL RAGIN BLACK JUDGE x Ch NTCH Lil PUke)

Frank & Lisa Yates
RAYWICK KY
270-692-6713

Old Post 01-20-2011 06:59 PM
kycooner1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kycooner1 Click here to Send kycooner1 a Private Message Find more posts by kycooner1 Add kycooner1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by kycooner1
I personally think the list are fine just the way they are..I would like to see one more category added for all time historical reproducers.

And in the top Perf Sire and Dams,, I would like to see the top 10 perf dogs of each breed posted.

Yep, what he said.

Old Post 01-20-2011 07:51 PM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by truly
All pups should be considered for the percentages. A pup that isn't even impressive enough to get you to send in the $20 that it takes to permanently register it is a FAIL. It should be counted as a fail. If you get your pup raised up, permanently registered, and it never does tree a coon despite many nights of hunting and exposure to coon, it should be considered a FAIL and counted into the percentages as such. If you have your dog registered, trained, and enter it in hunts and it can win enough casts to earn NtCh degree then that is great, but to not count all of the dogs that were culled before they were even registered, is to be in total denial of the FAIL rate of any given breeding.
Different studs have different likelyhood of getting their pups into the "right" hands. But if you look at a stud that has reproduced over 100 pups, even if those pups didn't get to the "right" people, the "right" people would be hearing about those pups [word travels even among pleasure/hide hunters] and would be buying them, or breeding their females to that stud. So even a stud that has a hard time getting their pups out there at first, if they are any good, they will eventually get there.
With the stud that I promoted that made the list [Credit River Tucker] even though we live outside the "mainstream" of the coon hunting world, and we weren't able to break into the market selling pups into the comp world, enough of his pups still turned out, that he was able to maintain a solid percentage.

I agree %100

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Old Post 01-20-2011 09:18 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Folks I'm really gonna turn some heads on this response but here goes. For me, a male dog would need to be at or very near 25% for me to give him special consideration for a mating. But there you go, I don't put much emphasis on these reproducing percentage numbers. I would want to know how they hunt, strike, trail, tree and behave at the tree before I even look at the reproducers list.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 01-21-2011 12:27 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redwood Hounds
UKC Forum Member

What I'm waiting for is for UKC to come up with a Reproducers list for dogs and bitches that have had less than 100 or 20 pups. So we can see the true Reporducres. Those country coondogs that were bred twice, and out of 17 pups, 12 that went on to get titles. I think if a breeding/sire/dam can't turn out at LEAST 60% good pups, then maybe they shouldn't be bred. You can cry numbers all you want, and how there's no way a dog with 1-5k pups can make 60%, well, maybe that dog shouldn't be bred, or maybe someone should have been more selective at what they let get backed up to that dog. I hear how a lot of pups go to people that will never nite hunt them. I say this, maybe people should be more selective of where pups go, and I bet 90% of the people buying these pups out of the flavor of the month studdog are looking for there next nite hunt prospect, but the reality is they just don't make the grade! I don't go getting pups out of hot ticket studs to make my next country coondog, I get them for my next comp dog, even then 70% are to ignorant to even be worth a bullet. Because 10% is something to be proud of!

You can sure see the difference in worlds, from the east and the west. Money in hand, verses game in tree.

I love how just because a dog has a GRNITECH title, it's worthy of being bred. I don't care WHO it's Parents were. Every dog should be bred on it own merit.

REDWOOD'S TREEING WALKER COONHOUNDS
& LOUISIANA CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOGS
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/

NITECH CGRCH FCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's All Night Aspen
(2014 #1 UKC Top Ten All-Breed Conformation Treeing Walker)
NITECH CCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's Wild Gamble

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:03 AM
Redwood Hounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redwood Hounds Click here to Send Redwood Hounds a Private Message Click Here to Email Redwood Hounds Visit Redwood Hounds's homepage! Find more posts by Redwood Hounds Add Redwood Hounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustinM
UKC Forum Member

I laugh most of the reproducer lists. I havn't looked at the list in close to two years probably, but I have a feeling I know some who owns the top studs. Most just pump up the %.

Who are the 1 Top reproducers of Englsih, Bluetick and TW if someone doesn't mind to post real quick. Owners names please

Old Post 01-21-2011 07:03 AM
JustinM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinM Click here to Send JustinM a Private Message Click Here to Email JustinM Find more posts by JustinM Add JustinM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tylerman
UKC Forum Member

I think the list is fine...it makes people or should make them more responsible to know where the pups are & what they are doing...if that pup is special then you should know about it..if it is that good you should help title it if the owner dont...but getting the good bred dogs to the right people is the key...you have to breed resposible & followup//idealy you could breed a litter..send em all out to a pro pup starter & then sell them...but that would not be fair to the rest of the breeders ##s..same as pro handlers being the only people to tiltle most every dog.

that brings up the fact...numbers dont lie..but liars make numbers...

*****.if we go off avg..then the avg guy should be able to afford to buy...start..train & compete with it and win...****

**We can START your puppy**

The natural quick starters make us all look good while others require a little more patience and effort. Whatever it takes to get your pup started, that's what I'm gonna do.

Call for reservations or references.
574-709-9205
Camden Indiana

Mark-thanks for the ZEPPS

NT CH. CH. PR NEON RED FIRM FANNY -(gr.nt.ch grch Hard Rock/ntch snakeden hollow Jane)

NT CH PR COLLINS NEON RED DOC DA QUEENY -grch ntch desperado/queen

NT CH SH CH pr 3D

NTCH PR Rocky Top Neon Red Cayenne-grntch peels burning pepper/dykes tn. red autumn

NTCH pr Mosquito Creek Faith-grntch squeller/mosquito creek red rose

NTCH pr Neon Red Barnyard Hot Tody....grntch harry x grntch toadie

NTCH pr Peels Neon Red Nuclear Pepper

Neon Red Stump...Grntch barnyard horse Harry x Ntch rockytop neon red Cayenne

Neon Red Blood ...grntch barnyard gun

Neon Red Doc Tody...ntch yellow river doc x ntch neon red hot tody

Newby...ntch 3D x Ntch rockytop neon red Cayenne

Old Post 01-21-2011 02:40 PM
tylerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tylerman Click here to Send tylerman a Private Message Click Here to Email tylerman Find more posts by tylerman Add tylerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joseph mcdonald
UKC Forum Member

Rocketman 55, I will have to agree with you. Those lists are just a tool, not the be-all, end-all.

If your using these to not get out and do the leg work, you probably wont be satisfied with the results. jmo.

Old Post 01-21-2011 03:16 PM
joseph mcdonald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joseph mcdonald Click here to Send joseph mcdonald a Private Message Click Here to Email joseph mcdonald Find more posts by joseph mcdonald Add joseph mcdonald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB PITCREW
UKC Forum Member

UKC's Hunt Test Policies and Procedures

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Of course not. The HTX is not a title. Even UKC will tell you HTX is not a title.

This was taken right off UKC's Hunt Test Policies on the front page.

TITLES
12. Upon the completion of three (3) successful hunt test passes by the three different inspectors, a dog will be issued the TITLE of HTX as a suffix to the dog's UKC registered name. The owner of record will be sent a degree and new Easy Entry card for each additional TITLE.

13. Multiple TITLES may be earned for each additional three (3) successful hunt test passes. Multiple TITLES will be indicated by a numerical addition to the HTX TITLE such as HTX2,HTX3 ect. The owner of record will be sent a degree and new Easy Entry card for each additional TITLE.

JIM, You need to check your facts.

Home of Previous #1 Reproducing English Coonhound 15.49%
GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Briar Valley Nite Prowler "semen stored”
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz "semen stored”
'PR' Northridge JoJoe's Blue Thunder
'PR' Northridge Icky’s Old Sandy

ENGLISH HOUNDS SINCE 1969....If you breed for papers instead of traits,You deserve what you end up with...Kelley Stagner

RIP........................................
GRNTCH GRCH Briar Valley Nite Prowler
GRNTCH GRCH Wilcox's Thunder JoJoe
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge Red Loopy
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge JoJo's Feebie
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz
GRNTCH CH Northridge Jo Joe’s Icky

Last edited by JB PITCREW on 01-21-2011 at 04:20 PM

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:11 PM
JB PITCREW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB PITCREW Click here to Send JB PITCREW a Private Message Find more posts by JB PITCREW Add JB PITCREW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tylerman
UKC Forum Member

Lets get serious here...you can kid your friends & Ill kid mine but lets not kid each other...Would you breed to a" htx titled "only dog? Or does the list & nt ch or grand nt ch come more in to play?

An old man told me yrs ago & dog that cant conform as in hocked flat footed.short eared,too tall,ect should never make grand nite & a dog that cant hunt should never make grand show...that would be a better htx...conform & perform..we should not expect less..

The natural quick starters make us all look good while others require a little more patience and effort. Whatever it takes to get your pup started, that's what I'm gonna do.

574-709-9205
Camden Indiana

NT CH. CH. PR NEON RED FIRM FANNY -(gr.nt.ch grch Hard Rock/ntch snakeden hollow Jane)

NT CH SH CH pr 3D

NTCH PR Rocky Top Neon Red Cayenne-grntch peels burning pepper/dykes tn. red autumn

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:34 PM
tylerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tylerman Click here to Send tylerman a Private Message Click Here to Email tylerman Find more posts by tylerman Add tylerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB PITCREW
UKC Forum Member

TITLES DONT MEAN S#!+

I'd Breed to a dog if it didnt have a title at ALL.....I Look for COONHOUNDS not TITLES!!!!!!

ENGLISH HOUNDS SINCE 1969....If you breed for papers instead of traits,You deserve what you end up with...Kelley Stagner

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:38 PM
JB PITCREW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB PITCREW Click here to Send JB PITCREW a Private Message Find more posts by JB PITCREW Add JB PITCREW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

todd kellam
UKC Moderator

As long as we keep the HTX certification meaningful, it will have a value in today's world of coonhounds. A pass rate of 33% tells me it's being done honestly. I would not be embarrassed to fail one as some factors are beyond you or your dog's control. It doesn't necessarily mean the dog is faulty, just that it didn't pass that night. Who hasn't had a bad night hunting?

Todd Kellam invented these hunt tests and even he refers to it as a certificate.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:39 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB PITCREW
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
todd kellam
UKC Moderator

As long as we keep the HTX certification meaningful, it will have a value in today's world of coonhounds. A pass rate of 33% tells me it's being done honestly. I would not be embarrassed to fail one as some factors are beyond you or your dog's control. It doesn't necessarily mean the dog is faulty, just that it didn't pass that night. Who hasn't had a bad night hunting?

WHERE DOES THIS SAY THE HTX IS NOT A TITLE?

Todd Kellam invented these hunt tests and even he refers to it as a certificate.

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:42 PM
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

Ohhh Lordy here we go....Mr. Todd kellam, is the HTX a title or not??

PKC GCH CHKC CH Wipeout 3 Bee
(Z3 x Bell)

PKC CH CHKC CH Rush Run Lil
(Nuck x Lilly)

PKC SCH CHKC CH Wipeout Shorty

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Kate
(Jack X Jill)

2013 IL PKC State Race Ch.
GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Little Miss Dottie
(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 UKC Bluetick World Ch
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch
2017 Battle of The Breeds Ch

NITECH 2018 PKC YOUTH WORLD CH PKC SILVER CH Dirty South Side

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH SKUNA RIVER QUICK
(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH Foggy Mtn. Gomer

UKC GrSqCh NKC GrSqCh Dirt Dodge's Jager

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:52 PM
Steve Raleigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Raleigh Click here to Send Steve Raleigh a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Raleigh Find more posts by Steve Raleigh Add Steve Raleigh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

It is what it is. I wasn't looking to get all hung up on terminology.
The toughest thing about making an HTX dog is finding an HTX hunt to go to. I can find more AKC hunts than HTX tests.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-21-2011 04:59 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tylerman
UKC Forum Member

JB Pitcrew...please post your dogs listed 3 gen ped?

I may be wrong here in this case...but usually the guy that makes that claim has a different set of papers than his talk reflects...not trying to demean you personally but it is almost always the case that men breed to titles more than they claim...& those that dont are getting alot of dogs on the repo list...I have not seen a pr or htx on the repo list? Correct me if I am wrong..

574-709-9205
Camden Indiana

NT CH SH CH pr 3D

Last edited by tylerman on 01-21-2011 at 05:14 PM

Old Post 01-21-2011 05:08 PM
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
The toughest thing about making an HTX dog is finding an HTX hunt to go to. I can find more AKC hunts than HTX tests.

WHEN DO U WANT TO GO TO ONE. I CAN FIX U UP

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 01-21-2011 05:11 PM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wmagicwebb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM

jim we are having 4 this year come on down

HOME OF "" GR.CH. TREEPICKING MAGIC MAN
http://wmagicwebb.tripod.com Lots of us have the right Aim in life ,but most of us run out of ammunition ROGER & DORIS WEBB

Old Post 01-21-2011 06:21 PM
Wmagicwebb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wmagicwebb Click here to Send Wmagicwebb a Private Message Click Here to Email Wmagicwebb Visit Wmagicwebb's homepage! Find more posts by Wmagicwebb Add Wmagicwebb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nkisamo1
UKC Forum Member

I wish that UKC would include all dogs with in the Historical List. Not just dogs that are under 25 years old. The reason being to compare if you are planning on AI seman or direct descandants.

Old Post 01-21-2011 07:22 PM
nkisamo1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nkisamo1 Click here to Send nkisamo1 a Private Message Click Here to Email nkisamo1 Find more posts by nkisamo1 Add nkisamo1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Crocker
UKC Forum Member

Why is the reasoning for 25 years or less for historical. Lipper is one of the top walker names of past and present and his name can't appear because of age. Don't care to me but sure don't make any sense.

Old Post 01-21-2011 08:40 PM
Ben Crocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Crocker Click here to Send Ben Crocker a Private Message Click Here to Email Ben Crocker Find more posts by Ben Crocker Add Ben Crocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Eastman
UKC Forum Member

Sackett Jr. was born in 1990 so in a few years he will be removed as well. Historical is historical does not make sense to me.

Old Post 01-21-2011 10:13 PM
Travis Eastman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Eastman Click here to Send Travis Eastman a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Eastman Find more posts by Travis Eastman Add Travis Eastman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OH English
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Crocker
Why is the reasoning for 25 years or less for historical. Lipper is one of the top walker names of past and present and his name can't appear because of age. Don't care to me but sure don't make any sense.

I agree. The name, HISTORICAL, should be open to all dogs, no matter the age.

Chase Gould

Old Post 01-21-2011 10:40 PM
OH English is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OH English Click here to Send OH English a Private Message Click Here to Email OH English Find more posts by OH English Add OH English to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Crocker
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Travis Eastman
Sackett Jr. was born in 1990 so in a few years he will be removed as well. Historical is historical does not make sense to me.
Your right Travis, time sure does fly by.

Old Post 01-21-2011 10:46 PM
Ben Crocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Crocker Click here to Send Ben Crocker a Private Message Click Here to Email Ben Crocker Find more posts by Ben Crocker Add Ben Crocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote