UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Have to have all grand ped to make coondog
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

I have no doubt that in some areas it may be worse than others at the small weekday hunts, but if you think you can win many casts with minus or circle where it counts, you would be mistaken. It takes a coon dog that has the groceries to win on the big stage period.

There have always been tree monsters in both registries. In one you minus slick trees in the other you vote to circle it until you finally talk the cast into plussing a spider eye so "at least someone will have plus point and we will have a winner."

I have ALWAYS said that one little bitty coon for 125+ beats 1500 circle points and obviously beats minus points. So if everyone that continues to beat that dead horse (win with minus in pkc) has a dog that will tree just one coon per casts, they should be able to go get rich hunting in the pkc hunts.

Autumn Oaks winner and World Hunt winner this year are hunted mostly in what registry?

I'm not saying one registry is better than the other. Hunt what you like. I hunt in both. But if you think the bigger hunts in either are won by slick treeing dogs, you need to get out and enter some. The guys that are hauling dogs up and down the road are mostly packing coon treers.

I think a lot of this perception is passed down from older hunters that are die hard ukc guys. The same goes for passing down bad information on stud dogs. I knew one a few months ago was telling anyone that would listen that one dog was not worth breeding to. Throws pups with sorry mouths. He himself won't stay treed. Just not worthy of breeding to. Do your homework he said! Several months later he breeds to the above mentioned dog... Now what do you believe?

Not everything that comes out of an old timers mouth is the truth... Something to think on!

I could absolutely care less if a dog has an all grand pedigree, but breeding sub par females is not the way to get better. It may work out a few times, but at some point it is going to show back up in the gene pool in an unfavorable way. In the end, it is conversation and time wasted. People are going to continue to breed females that probably shouldn't be bred because they own them and it is a convenient way to get pups. Some are even bred to really nice stud dogs in the hope that super stud will cover up the female's faults. If the pups don't turn out, guess who gets blamed?

If we REALLY want to help the Bluetick breed, we should try to figure out how to cull out the ones that boodle a track around half the night.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-03-2020 01:08 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
I have no doubt that in some areas it may be worse than others at the small weekday hunts, but if you think you can win many casts with minus or circle where it counts, you would be mistaken. It takes a coon dog that has the groceries to win on the big stage period.

There have always been tree monsters in both registries. In one you minus slick trees in the other you vote to circle it until you finally talk the cast into plussing a spider eye so "at least someone will have plus point and we will have a winner."

I have ALWAYS said that one little bitty coon for 125+ beats 1500 circle points and obviously beats minus points. So if everyone that continues to beat that dead horse (win with minus in pkc) has a dog that will tree just one coon per casts, they should be able to go get rich hunting in the pkc hunts.

Autumn Oaks winner and World Hunt winner this year are hunted mostly in what registry?

I'm not saying one registry is better than the other. Hunt what you like. I hunt in both. But if you think the bigger hunts in either are won by slick treeing dogs, you need to get out and enter some. The guys that are hauling dogs up and down the road are mostly packing coon treers.

I think a lot of this perception is passed down from older hunters that are die hard ukc guys. The same goes for passing down bad information on stud dogs. I knew one a few months ago was telling anyone that would listen that one dog was not worth breeding to. Throws pups with sorry mouths. He himself won't stay treed. Just not worthy of breeding to. Do your homework he said! Several months later he breeds to the above mentioned dog... Now what do you believe?

Not everything that comes out of an old timers mouth is the truth... Something to think on!

I could absolutely care less if a dog has an all grand pedigree, but breeding sub par females is not the way to get better. It may work out a few times, but at some point it is going to show back up in the gene pool in an unfavorable way. In the end, it is conversation and time wasted. People are going to continue to breed females that probably shouldn't be bred because they own them and it is a convenient way to get pups. Some are even bred to really nice stud dogs in the hope that super stud will cover up the female's faults. If the pups don't turn out, guess who gets blamed?

If we REALLY want to help the Bluetick breed, we should try to figure out how to cull out the ones that boodle a track around half the night.

Dang Ritchie, that all makes too much sense! I don’t think we should listen or do any of that 😂😂

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 10-03-2020 03:48 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
Dang Ritchie, that all makes too much sense! I don’t think we should listen or do any of that 😂😂

I agree totally

Old Post 10-03-2020 04:44 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jody Sigler
UKC Forum Member

Coon dog

I absolutely agree , you should not win a hunt unless there is a coon seen . I’ve owned hounds that would tree a coon but wasn’t worth breeding , they just didn’t have the drive in them . Or would give way to much mouth . Dig at the tree etc I would move them along to some older hunters in the area that didn’t care about breeding, they just wanted a easy to handle dog . If you don’t have time to hit the competition hunts understandable but don’t breed a male or female just because you have them in the kennel. Make sure they are a well rounded Hound

Sigler's Bull Branch Misti
Sigler"s Bull Branch Bono
Sigler"s Bull Branch Bogie
Sigler's CH NiteCh Bull Branch DEVO R.I.P.
Sigler's Bull Branch Stormy R.I.P.
Sigler's NiteCh Bull Branch Jo Jo R.I.P.
Sigler's Nite Ch Blue R.I.P.

Last edited by Jody Sigler on 10-04-2020 at 06:49 PM

Old Post 10-04-2020 04:59 PM
Jody Sigler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jody Sigler Click here to Send Jody Sigler a Private Message Find more posts by Jody Sigler Add Jody Sigler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
[B

If we REALLY want to help the Bluetick breed, we should try to figure out how to cull out the ones that boodle a track around half the night. [/B]

Culling is easily enough done if people would admit what there packing. From mean to flat junk same cure works. But as far as boodle a track all night I ain't seen that problem in a long time. Last bluedog I seen on a track all night he was moving it all over if he really was running track. Is booing around all night a problem in your area among bluehounds still? If so what lines?

Old Post 10-13-2020 05:36 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

I went to the trouble of typing out a response and erased it because of the hard feelings it would cause. No, extremely cold nosed dogs that spend a lot of time ground pounding are not a problem in my area, since I am the only one left with blue dogs in my area!

Hunt what you like. I will do the same.

Old Post 10-13-2020 08:24 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major18
UKC Forum Member

hat creek mac, you just solved every problem in the world, not just coon hounds. "Hunt what you like. I will do the same."

Old Post 10-13-2020 08:36 PM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Didn't mean to cause you any trouble

quote:
I went to the trouble of typing out a response and erased it because of the hard feelings it would cause. No, extremely cold nosed dogs that spend a lot of time ground pounding are not a problem in my area, since I am the only one left with blue dogs in my area!

Hunt what you like. I will do the same.

Nor did I mean step on your toes. You named a specific trait that I'm not willing to tolerate in my dogs. I haven't seen it in the hounds around here (Missouri) in a while. So in the interest of not moving backwards I ask you what lines You've seen it in. Personally I don't have time to better the bluetick breed, I'm still working on what's in my kennel. Plan is one of these days to be able to take your advice and hunt what I like.

Old Post 10-13-2020 10:09 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

You didn't step on my toes. You asked me to publicly call out a certain line or lines for cold trailing. Some people love to listen to a dog cold trail. If it suites them. that is great.

As for no cold trailing dogs in Missouri, we will have to agree to disagree.

Old Post 10-14-2020 01:12 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Terminology hiccup

Okay first off you could have simply sent me a pm about the lines.

Next we must be talking about different things. Yes I guarantee there's dogs in MO that can run an old feeder track and tree him. Good cold nosed dogs with brains. I'd like to fancy some of my dogs as being able to do so. But what I thought you meant by " boodle" was the old time ones that sit in one area for an hour unable to move the track on. Boo hooing all night but not getting anywhere. That's what I haven't seen in a while. Seen dog leave tracks and move on, or quit and come in but I haven't seen a line of hounds that consistently boo hoos all night not going anywhere in years. Yep to much nose and to little brains use to be a problem in some lines but I think we're past that. Now days I've seen some lines with to much tree and to little brains, in all breeds.

Old Post 10-14-2020 02:50 PM