UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rolin Blues-WE'RE BACK
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Michigan Madness

Madi & I are headed east for the week with Annie & Freak. May not win, but I bet we have a good time. "Can't win, if ya don't play". Bet we don't see any hills as big as around home either, plus tree lots of coon. Take care, Ron.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2019 02:15 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Michigan Madness

Had a great time hunting in Michigan. Beautiful weather in flat country plus were able to tree some coon.

I won cast on Monday night with Freak - 200+. treed a coon by herself & another coon with another dog, plus took some minus, but that is what young dogs do!! Didn't do any good rest of week. She just wasn't clicking, but had some tough competition too. Had a final 4 Walker female on our cast Wed. night that did a great job.

Madi had a slow start Mon./Tues. with Anne, but did a great job Wed./Thurs.. Tied with James Atwell on Wed. night with 375+, but lost on + tree pts. tie breaker by 25. Then lost to Gibbie on Thurs. on + pts. tie breaker again by 25, both had 175+. Great job for 13 yr. old grand daughter hunting in a BIG hunt against the BIG BOYS. Funny side note, she stumbled over a log in knee deep swamp going to split tree with Anne on leash & took a "bath". Cub said he would have drowned, if it had been him!!

Nice hunting with & visiting with old friends. Took a trip over to my old, new friend Larry Harvey to visit one afternoon & to check on him after he had a heart attack a couple weeks ago. Coming along great & should be back in the woods before long. Hunted with him & Steve Burkholder a couple months ago & really enjoyed listening to his Champ dog & Steves' Qeen dog tree a bunch of coon. They are littermates out of Big Country & Larrys' female. 2 very nice yearling coon dogs.

Home tonight, but lots of road trips coming up this month, so may see you somewhere down the road between now and Autumn Oaks. If you see Rolin Blues on back window of pickup along the side of interstate road somewhere, please stop & give me a little assistance. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-03-2019 04:23 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

address

Some have been asking what my address is so they can look on map for location in Iowa- Ron Behne, 23208 Lake Shore Drive, Bernard, Iowa, 52032. Bernard is about 20 miles SW of Dubuque, Iowa on eastern tip of Iowa, where Wisc./Ill./Ia. all join on Mississippi river. Will list again if we get pups for deposit info.

Ph #- Home-563-879-3593, C-563-249-1058. Use home # as cell# don't work well, unless I'm out on road. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-05-2019 03:45 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

pups

Freak showed 10 pups on screen today, so anyone wanting Sept pup give a call.

Headed to Trader youth hunt with Madi/Anne this weekend. Augie & Cub are headed to RQE with Lil & Blue. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-08-2019 01:42 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Grand kids

Had a great time over weekend hunting @ Trader, Inc. youth hunt. Both had case of "2nditis" again, but hope that changes soon.
Hunter hunted Queen female & finished runnerup in cast both nights. Saturday, he drew the top blue female, Rage from Missouri, so knew he had his hands full. Queen had (150) on 1st drop, as Rage drew 75-. He turned loose as Rage treed with a coon, so got shut out on strike. Rage won cast with 50+ to his 25+.

Madi continued her '2nditis' run just like last week with Anne, but heat/humidity got to Anne Sat. night, plus thinking being pregnant might not have helped!!! She had 175+ on 1st coon, while Snot had 150+ on his coon. Next drop, Anne struck for 100, but decided to take 23 minute break to end hunt at the creek, while Snot treed another coon. Congrats to him for winning cast.

Headed to Iowa State hunt Fri. & something going to last RQE Sat., so will be another busy weekend. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-12-2019 07:09 PM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Ron

Sounds like you're having fun with the grand kids. That's AWESOME I
bet rather they win or lose you still are proud of them. If you don't get one qualified Saturday night come down next Saturday we're having a RQE @ Osage City KS. It'll be the last chance to get one qualified for this year.Or heck come up to Nortonville KS Friday and hunt in the PKC Pro classic. Than hunt the RQE Saturday . Either way good luck and keep taking them grand kids.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 08-12-2019 08:01 PM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Jerald

You can bet I am PROUD. They can only get better with experience & practice, so that is what we are working on now. Plus trying to have a pretty good blue dog for them to handle.

Last nights hunt was really neat, but may have lost a handler!!! took Madi alone with ole Blue. Was hopeing she can get her down to help me at RQE Sat. night, in case I can't finish 2 hr. hunt. 1st drop worked perfect, struck close & moved out on track about 500 yards, gave beautiful locate that Madi could tell right of way & dropped the hammer with a coon.

2nd drop @ grandma Nabbs didn't work so well. Went to get Blue & saw eyes at end of corn field. Told Madi to look, coon was waiting for us for hot race. With both lights on it, I could tell it was a cat, but then it stood up & to our surprise it was young BOBCAT. Madi headed to cab of truck as it slinked along edge of cornfield. She was ready to get out of there & was never going hunting again @ grams!!!

I tried to explain to her, it was a lot more afraid of her than she needed to be of it. This is when she cracked me up, as she said," pops, did you see the way that thing looked at me. I think he was planning on having me for a SNACK". Just hope she will get this out of her mind & not totally quit on coon hunting. Will find out this weekend. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-15-2019 04:26 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

BIG Disappointment

Had Anne vet ckd this morning & she shows NO sign of being pregnant with pups from Big Country, so will try next heat cycle. Sorry to report no pups this time. That is why I took no deposits till we could find this out.

Also, found out Dual GR Blue Chic Beauty has Ehrlicia, so am treating to get her back in top form. Take care, Ron.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 08-20-2019 at 05:26 PM

Old Post 08-19-2019 08:52 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

PUPS

Sorry to hear that Ron. Our Dolly female only had 2 pups from Goose. I had a long list for those but I'm happy I'll have one for myself!!!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 08-19-2019 09:43 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Madi/Anne

Proud grandpa wanted to let them know how proud I am of them for getting their last $28 won to qualify for $KC Youth World hunt last night in Arthur, Wisc. This is same pair that lost 2 casts @ big Michigan Madness hunt on + point tree tie breaker rule a couple weeks ago. They had to compete against Brian Welch/Bouskas' nice Tilly female on adult cast to get it done. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-20-2019 05:23 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

My RQE must have been to much for you this past weekend. I hadn't heard any of the results yet.

Old Post 08-20-2019 06:11 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

RQE

Sure was, Jay. Still tired from it last night, but took Madi up to hunt anyway. She didn't want to go very bad, but I had to get her over the bobcat ordeal before it got too stuck in her head that they were going to 'attack' when she was in woods. I had to 'bribe' her with a DQ going thru Dubuque to get her to go!!!

Didn't do any good Sat. night. Steve won our cast that I had Queen on. Our hunt was decided on 1st dump, when I had 1st/1st on big () tree. Steve took 125- to do us favor, but then leash locked to score on coon. Only 75 behind, but got toooo 'gun happy' to catch up quick on next drop that didn't work out with yr. old dog. Me & John Ahrens were ready to quit anyway hunting in hills with our walking canes!!!

Cub led his cast with ole Blue till end of cast, when she 'walked off' a tree by herself to lose. We knew she hadn't been looking like she did from when we brought her home from Missouri, but gave it a shot anyway. Jerry with Bum/Sadie female won cast because of those - pts.She just don't have stamina like she did earlier. Took her to vet Monday & found she has Ehrlicia, so started meds & hope she gets things back to normal in a month. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-20-2019 07:49 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Great hunt

Took old dogs last night to see how they compare together, Anne & ole Blue. Made 3 drops with tracks that were really nice to listen to, not old 'bugger' tracks. We was able to drive within 30, 50 & 190 yards of the trees, so it was short walks to look at coon. Really think meds are already helping ole Blue get back on track. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-22-2019 05:11 PM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Good to see you back Ron

Home of

Natural,Bawlmouth,Coldnose, Hardtreeing,Blueticks.
Hazel Hill Blueticks A Family Name since 1949.

PROUD MEMBERS OF TEAM COON DOG!

Brad & Alison (Wilcox) McGill
(660) 833-3180
hazelhillblueticks@hotmail.com

Old Post 08-24-2019 12:57 AM
Hazel Hill Blueticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hazel Hill Blueticks Click here to Send Hazel Hill Blueticks a Private Message Click Here to Email Hazel Hill Blueticks Find more posts by Hazel Hill Blueticks Add Hazel Hill Blueticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Blue is in

Cub handled Dual GR Blue Chic Beauty to 1st place @ RQE in Plainville, Ill. last night. She had 350+, 100- (my professional handler struck wrong dog @ start of hunt) for 250+ for the night. She treed 2 coon by herself, while other 3 dogs made 4(), 1 slick tree during hunt between them. See ya in Argyle in 3 wks. Congrats to Ryan Smith (partner) for training & Cub handling ole Blue to get her qualified. Both 1st time happenings for them. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 08-25-2019 09:03 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

GrNtChGrCh Blue Chic Beauty

Wanted to get her pedigree up since she is now qualified for UKC World hunt. Most all Uchtman bred back thru Albert 2x.

..........GrNtChGrCh Uchtmans Blue Ransom
.....GrNtChGrCh KD Uchtmans Moe Albert
..........NtCh Cedardales Blue Meg

..........Caswells Midwest Blue Tobbie
.....Valentines Ruby
..........Caswells Midwest Blue Ruby II

Raymond Caswell is an old time bluetick breeder from New London, MO., By Hannibel, MO., that has raised blue dogs forever. Bottom side goes back thru Harpers Okla Blue Bounce/ GrChGntCh Uchtmans Blue Albert III. Take care, Ron.

Mike Shannon & Mark Vandeventer, both your mailboxs are full. Tried to send you pm's.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 08-27-2019 at 07:47 AM

Old Post 08-26-2019 08:23 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Autumn Oaks

Madi & I had a great time for 4 days looking around & meeting a lot of people, making new friends. Put a lot of faces with names on this board, but don't be afraid to refresh my memory the next time we meet because I am very poor at remembering names.

Hunted with Larry Harvey Tues. night & had a great visit as always. Even found Cub a new walker dog to hunt, even though it will cost me a handler, after the world hunt. Thx again, Larry, Gritt is a nice one.

Madi handled Lil & Queeny at the hunts, but they proved that this season is needed for them to be more experienced before hitting these hunts at something like this hunt. Didn't win, but we will be back in the future. Knew going in, 2 1 yr. old pups was a disadvantage, but was only thing I had to enter.

Freak had 12 pups today, so will get their pedigree posted soon. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-02-2019 11:23 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

To everyone that stopped in to talk & look at the hounds i had with me. I hope they didn't disappoint anyone that saw them & will definitely feed them after hitting the woods tonight.

Thanks to Nick for picking Roxz up, just like he said he would & taking him back to Kentucky. Hope he turns out to be what he was looking for. I know there was one gentleman from Virginia that hoped he didn't show up, so he could take Roxz home with him.

Special thanks to John Strickland for short visit & letting Madi get her pic with Big Country & Lil Bit Country. She didn't want to leave BC, just keep petting him. Sure got her brother envious!!

Also, thanks to Waylon for getting our BC/Rage female a ride to AO to save a lot of extra driving or transport to get her here. Hope she turns out to be something special in the future.

Hope to catch up with some of you again at the Fall Round-up in Oct. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-03-2019 05:53 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Got grandson, Brice, back in woods last night. 1st time in 4 yrs., but now that life has settled down for him, it may be a regular experience. He handled dogs back in high school, as a youth & has moved back to same neighborhood as I live in, so will be easier to hook up now. He is Madi & Hunters' older brother & has plenty of younger handling experience to fall back on. Just has to get used to rule changes!!!

Took ole Blue for a couple drops to keep her sharp for zones coming up. 1st drop didn't work as planned. Sent down edge of cornfield, went in about 350 yds. and came back. Sent her other way about 400 yds. in and came back. About that time a batch of coyotes lit up other end of cornfield, answered that ? because, if yotes are that close, coon will absolutely not be down, till area is safe again. Went to another corn patch, struck immediately & was treed in 5 minutes with 3 sets of eyes looking down. Will keep her in woods till after zones on the 13th. Argyle, Wisc. 2 hrs NE of me & World finals 2 hrs. W of me, gotta give this hunt a try!!! Take care, Ron.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 09-09-2019 at 05:57 PM

Old Post 09-05-2019 11:31 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Zone 1 hunt

Headed to Argyle, Wisc. for the zone hunt with ole Blue, Dual GR. Blue Chic Beauty, tonight. May not win, but we will play. Sure glad it didn't start last night with all the big storms, torrential rains, but will be beautiful out this weekend. Hope the water goes down, so my handler, Cub, don't have to cross any deep water. He can't swim a lick.

Freak is raising 12 pups with 10 spoken for, so if someone could use a nice pup, give me or Trent a call. Had 4 males & 8 females & i believe there are 2 females left, unless someone changes their mind about sex they want. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-13-2019 02:58 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Good luck

in the Zones Ron.

Old Post 09-14-2019 05:40 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Thx Jack

We needed more than luck last night. Turned loose in 15 acre briar rabbit patch & never had dogs smart enough to get gone for 2 hrs. Only cast in zone I that didn't have cast winner. We needed a timeout to do some training, but that couldn't happen or would have lost our $125 entry fee!!! I'll hope to guide tonight because it can't be any worse than last night. Take 2 four leaf clovers & a rabbits' foot along in my pocket tonight, Madi is going to be Cubs' backup handler to make sure he don't make a handling error!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-14-2019 05:35 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Didn't make it

But Blue tried. 3 other dogs go different directions & Blue goes left handed in cornfield, makes big loop & headed straight towards me as i sit on tailgate, 30 yds. in front of my bumper to 2 big soft maples. Cub treed her & cast came back to score it, only to find a big den hole in each tree. Dang bad break was, i heard toe nails climbing it before Blue got there. 175+ would have gotten us through, so will just try again next year.

I'm heading out Thursday to pick Freak/pups up from Trent Kroughs', so if you would like to see them in Marshalltown @ 3 wks. old, let me know & you could pick one out before i bring them home to wean. Got 2 grand kids that can't wait to play with them as they get bigger & are weaned. She raising 12 & have 2 females left to sell, if anyone is interested. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-16-2019 05:06 AM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Didn't 225+ win your cast and your dog ended up with 0?

Old Post 09-16-2019 06:32 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Ricochet17

Ya need to get the WHOLE story before you make any replies about us not winning cast.. Answer this, how does 2 dogs, handled by Cub & Jason, spend about 90 min. of 120 min. hunt leash locked!! Handler error, right Cub. Call me or Jeff or Jason, if you want to know whole story of our fiasco!!

Congrats to Madi/Anne on another CW @ Arthur Mon. night. Helps us keep moving up the state standings!!! And getting more practice in before the $KC Youth World hunt.

Headed to Marshalltown to visit this afternoon, wish everyone good luck, then stop @ Trents to pick up Freak & pups till they're weaned. Grand kids can't wait to see the 12 new additions. Bet that won't last when i turn them out in yard a month from now & they have to help me round them up to put them back in pen. Think we still have a couple females available. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-19-2019 05:25 PM