UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Venomous snakes
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

BGathwright

So, one is not really safe hunting in the winter in your neck of the woods! I would not like hunting in rattlesnake country. Here they definitely den up for winter or they freeze to death. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2018 06:32 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Richardson and Miss Jen you invited this old fat Yankee for a hunt. 3 things are for sure. Death, Taxes and I am not coming down.

Old Post 03-22-2018 12:23 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
Mr. Richardson and Miss Jen you invited this old fat Yankee for a hunt. 3 things are for sure. Death, Taxes and I am not coming down.

Only poisonous snake I've ever saw is a copperhead and they won't kill ya. If he takes you north of here your fine now if you go south in the hills keep it quiet you're a Yankee those guys are still stuck a 150 yrs ago least of your worries would be snakes lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-22-2018 04:53 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Our snakes here are the very worst. They are 2 legged. Lol
you said that right, and they got a forked tongue. Babbling and spewing and spitting everytime they bite. they never stop,only 2 remedies, avoid'em or take'm on a one way ride. I prefer to avoid'em.

Old Post 03-22-2018 12:31 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Jen

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Dalton and I were just talking about it being a rattlesnake not a copperhead. This one came out of a sewer in Calhoun, GA.......

The story is fake. I saw a story in the news. It appears real because the fake poster used city name even had a city decal. Last month the same poster, posted that an alligator was spotted at a boat ramp in the same town. Can't believe half the stuff you see on Facebook.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 03-23-2018 04:53 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Calhoun is in the Northwest part of Georgia. The picture posted shows a diamondback. If it is a true picture, and I seriously doubt it is, that snake would be about 200-250 miles out and north of its normal range. That species is not known to survive in the colder regions, and that's in the coldest region of the state. I would be shocked if its anything other than BS.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 03-23-2018 12:40 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rock Johnson

You are spot on, one would think that a real story would certainly have the identity of the snake listed correctly. Copperhead should be the warning that this is a fake story. Dave

Old Post 03-23-2018 03:36 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, are you saying that you can't believe everything you see/read on the interweb, kinda like the mainstream media?

Old Post 03-23-2018 04:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

My daughter sent me the pic I don't have Facebook I saw on Drudge where the story of it being faked or you Georgia boys better hope it is. Reality is that is in Texas and Oklahoma they've got them bigger than that and our stupid Mo Conservation is reestablishing historic dens.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-23-2018 04:56 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen

They want us to believe the snakes keep the rodent population in check! I believe we can control rodents without the snakes, especially the venomous snakes. Rodents seek food in highly populated areas and the snakes follow the rodents. Snakes in populated areas are a serious threat to humans and that threat out weighs the benefit of rodent control. Misguided management as usual by those who put wildlife above humans with programs such as those. Dave

Old Post 03-23-2018 05:20 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen

They want us to believe the snakes keep the rodent population in check! I believe we can control rodents without the snakes, especially the venomous snakes. Rodents seek food in highly populated areas and the snakes follow the rodents. Snakes in populated areas are a serious threat to humans and that threat out weighs the benefit of rodent control. Misguided management as usual by those who put wildlife above humans with programs such as those. Dave

Old Post 03-23-2018 05:20 PM
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

Timber Rattler on the back porch

NITECH CH 'PR' MILL CREEK BO-R.I.P.
NITECH CH 'PR' HOUSE'S SCREAMIN NELL

Old Post 06-02-2018 02:50 AM
David Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Richardson Click here to Send David Richardson a Private Message Find more posts by David Richardson Add David Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

Snakes

For all these poisonous snakes seek out the speckled king snakes they kill and eat every other snake around your property, I bring every one I find home and put them in my barn, problem solved

Old Post 06-02-2018 03:38 AM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

they have been restocking timber rattlers in ark . for years now . you would think that when they brought the elk in and chronic waste disease with them they would have learned some thing .then we got the gators on south of me .lol i have heard now they are turning a few mt. lions loose in secret to control the so called feral hogs they released in the 70s . the bears are getting into more populated areas also.

Old Post 06-03-2018 01:43 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

5 tonight in and around the yard. Living in the woods is nice until July every year!

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-09-2018 04:37 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia

5 tonight in and around the yard. Living in the woods is nice until July every year!

Suddenly Canadian winters don't seem so bad after all. I wouldn't go to the mailbox down there without the shotgun. That's if I went at all. No way no how.

Old Post 07-09-2018 04:57 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Suddenly Canadian winters don't seem so bad after all. I wouldn't go to the mailbox down there without the shotgun. That's if I went at all. No way no how.

And I just carry a rake around lol. We are filling up the water tank on the four wheeler and going to do some burning in the woods right around the house tomorrow. I''m going to surround this place with moth balls. I think they come in the yard to eat frogs. Chey is obsessed with watering his flowers and my garden plants and I always see little frogs. I said something about the garden tonight and his words were __ the garden, if you go in there put on your hunting boots and a pair of welding gloves lol. If they were rattlers like some on here have I'd be moving north with you!
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-09-2018 05:36 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

You be real careful, do like Chey said and wear boots and gloves. Copperhead blend in very well and are hard to see. Copperhead account for the most venomous snake bites in the USA due to being found almost everywhere. Stay safe and kill all of them! Dave

Old Post 07-09-2018 06:02 AM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Tell Chey, artificial flowers and go to the farmers market.

Old Post 07-09-2018 12:09 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I see toads on my porches whenever I leave the light on. The light attract bugs, the bugs attract frogs. Now I wonder if the frogs are attracting copperheads. I've never seen one in the yard yet, but they must be out there.

Old Post 07-09-2018 05:36 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Tell Chey, artificial flowers and go to the farmers market.

His mom used to have fake flowers stuck in window boxes when he was a kid he hates them! As for the garden no more gardening in my old house dress barefoot 😔.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-09-2018 06:04 PM
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by croatankid
I see toads on my porches whenever I leave the light on. The light attract bugs, the bugs attract frogs. Now I wonder if the frogs are attracting copperheads. I've never seen one in the yard yet, but they must be out there.

yes they do, I killed a copper head on the steps of the front porch with a frog and another in the drive with a frog, (not the same day)
I hate snakes!

Old Post 07-10-2018 05:28 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Jen

Thank Goodness for the no more gardening in the house dress... that thing would blend right in with the people of Walmart let me tell ya!

Old Post 07-10-2018 06:21 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

Here in southern Oklahoma I’ve killed 2 rattlesnakes and 2 cottonmouths the last 6 times I’ve been to the woods. Ranchers are killing a lot more. I usually don’t get too excited about them but this is getting ridiculous.

Old Post 07-10-2018 07:01 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Jen

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
Thank Goodness for the no more gardening in the house dress... that thing would blend right in with the people of Walmart let me tell ya!

Tyler Dean I'll have you know the 3 am Wal-Mart people and neighbors driving by think I'm a fashion icon! You better watch out or no more supper.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-11-2018 03:16 AM