UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Foundation/Brood Females
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Foundation/Brood Females

Four generations of Redbone females are now in my yard... Daughter Twilight, Mom Wilma, Grandmom Wendy and Great Grandmother Willow. If only Great Great Grandmother Sally, Great Great Great Grandmother Sweetie and Great Great Great Great Grandmother Rose were still alive. One is in heat, one is pregnant, one just had a litter of pups and one has yet to start her career.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2016 08:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Wendall Bond calls them cookie cutters. Can you see the resemblance?

Old Post 06-01-2016 08:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Looks like you are trying to copy Old Mr. Hyde with this picture Richard

Looks good! You must be proud

Old Post 06-01-2016 08:29 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Corey, I just love to steal good ideas and try to put them off as my own. This isn't the first time that I have tried to steal one of Mr Hyde's. He seems to have a lot of good thoughts/ideas.

Old Post 06-01-2016 08:37 PM
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Wendall Bond calls them cookie cutters. Can you see the resemblance?

Yes...they all appear to be the same color

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 06-01-2016 08:45 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Corey, I just love to steal good ideas and try to put them off as my own. This isn't the first time that I have tried to steal one of Mr Hyde's. He seems to have a lot of good thoughts/ideas.

At least you can speak for four, five, six, seven generations of your own stock! Some of us are still building towards that

Old Post 06-01-2016 08:49 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I bet that Mr Hyde doesn't have a picture like this. Shane, their teeth are all the same color too.

Old Post 06-01-2016 09:20 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up VERY NICE

This is something to puff up about, not to many redbone guys can claim this, great job Richard & crew

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-01-2016 09:32 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

There is a big difference between developing and building a line over time and constantly switching lines and chasing the flavor of the month. I know a lot of people in this breed have won a lot with many different lines by buying a good one regardless of its breeding...nothing wrong with that.
But I fall into the category of trying to develop and improve upon a foundation I have faith in. It's more time consuming and labor intensive....and some will call you line blind...but I get much more satisfaction from trying to improve upon my line from generation to generation than I would just scouring the country for the product of some other breeders hard work that I can buy and win with.
I think the best breeders raise dogs from lines of great reproducers that have a common foundation that they build from. Good job Mr Lambert...stay the course and keep building on what you have!

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 06-01-2016 09:46 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So, where do I go from here? I have sure put in a lot of time and miles driving all over this country looking at, picking up, buying, leasing and hunting these dogs. I have spent a ton of money. I have spent hours on the phone. I even wore out one phone and two Jeeps rounding these dogs up. And that is just me. I sure haven't done this by myself. I have several "partners" and at least a dozen friends that have helped with time, effort, money, lodging and tons of advice. All of this is to try to "better the breed". I know of a lot of guys that have put their time and money into this. All that is left is to "reap the rewards". So now my question is, does anyone out there want to take the next step and book a pup? Which cross is going to produce the best pups? Everyone of these crosses is well thought out "in my mind" both on paper and looking at ability. I have also looked at what crosses seemed to work in the past. I have a whole lot of reasons why I/we made each cross. But each cross is separate and different. But y'all all have your own ideas and theories so which cross is going to produce the best all around hounds in your opinion?

Gr Nt Boone X Gr Nt Cat....
Gr Nt Boone X Nt Ch High Dollar Copper....
Gr Nt Big Red Jim X Nt Ch Wilma....
Gr Nt Montana Ranger X Nt Ch Wendy....
Gr Nt Ch Boone X Gr Nt Ch Willow.....

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-01-2016 at 10:27 PM

Old Post 06-01-2016 10:24 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Crosses

Richard, it looks like all these crosses would be dandies. Keep doing what cha doing. Thanks.

Old Post 06-01-2016 11:05 PM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Sir Richard looks like a great thing you got going..Nice looking bunch of dogs..I'm on the outside looking in has far as redbones but was wondering..With you and Mr.Maxey having a long line of dogs have these lines been crossed with each other much?

Old Post 06-01-2016 11:18 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

John, why aren't you out on the ballfields? There is a very nice young male out of Billy The Kid semen X Willow right next to you at Mike Mayo's. You really should get out more. Come on up to National Redbone Days in Michigan this July and you will get to see Bond's female out of the same cross go. Shane has been linebreeding his and I have been linebreeding mine. They are just now getting tight enough to outcross. Also look at Gr Nt Ch Boone's pedigree and you will see that his great grandmother is Nighty Night Moonlight Kate. When I breed to Boone, I am breeding to the same blood that is in Shane's dogs. The Moonlight Woody dog is also out of Montana Ranger as is Moonlight Ky Kate and I just bred Wendy to Ranger to try to get my own Ky Kate and/or Woody. Maybe I am just copying Shane because I see how well he is doing.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-01-2016 at 11:38 PM

Old Post 06-01-2016 11:34 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Wrote that before I went to the ballfield tonight ..Was sort of like my coonhunting we got beat twice..Thanks for clarifying the breeder part..Figured those two bloodlines had meshed somewhere..I don't get out much anymore..I hear mike keeps a good red dog on the end of his strap...Michigan n July makes sure you take plenty of mosquito repellent.

Old Post 06-02-2016 04:14 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedScorpion
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations Richard. That is something to really be proud of.

Old Post 06-02-2016 03:44 PM
RedScorpion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedScorpion Click here to Send RedScorpion a Private Message Find more posts by RedScorpion Add RedScorpion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Nobody has an opinion on which cross is going to be the best? All 8 of the Jim X Wilma pups are gone. I have gotten 2 "votes" for the Wendy X Ranger cross and 1 "vote" for the Boone X Copper cross. If you want one off the Boone X Cat cross, then you will have to get in touch with Jared. And there is a guy up in Wisconsin that said he can't make up his mind and might get one off all 3. I know the Fall of 2017 is sure going to be fun and exciting around here. They will all be 13-16 mos old then.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-02-2016 at 04:20 PM

Old Post 06-02-2016 04:13 PM
chevcat327
UKC Forum Member

I just can't vote for 1 specific cross...... Ranger and Wendy really got me thinking, but Boone and cat seems like a no brainer too tho.... but willow and Boone should be exceptional.....jeez still can't decide, wish I had more kennel space!!

Old Post 06-03-2016 03:44 AM
chevcat327 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chevcat327 Click here to Send chevcat327 a Private Message Click Here to Email chevcat327 Find more posts by chevcat327 Add chevcat327 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Boone bred Willow for the first time last night. Only 2 more months and another generation of winners will be hitting the ground. These should be a bunch of little Wendys since Haze is Boone's sire and Willow is Wendy's mother. I guess that you could call this a "proven cross".

Old Post 06-05-2016 05:29 PM
Sawblade
UKC Forum Member

Nice pic

I like your Picture Richard.
If I owned one of your foundation females I would breed her to.....................Woody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Breeder of the following dogs
GrNiteCh Sawblade Fiddle "no.5 historical female
QuadGrCh Yellow River Red Blaze
GrNiteCh Copeland's Red Hot Clyde
GrNiteCh Stone's Midnight Red Jake
NiteCh Brights Choctaw Night Time Sissy
NiteCh Sawblade Red Reckon
NiteCh Brasee Red Penny
NiteCh Nacalus Mandolin
Yellow River Fiddle II " good reproducer"
NiteCh Krasa Sawblade Quikstuf Bone
GrNiteCh Krasa Hair Trigger Hope
GrNiteCH Locked and Loaded Jake
GrNiteCh Moonlight Woody
NiteCh Sawblade Mac Truck " Jake and Hopes' brother"
NiteCh After Dark Spark " brother to Fiddle"
NiteCh Morgan's Boone " sister to Fiddle"
NiteCh High Water June " out of Reckon"
NiteCh Sawblade Timberline Rusty
Sawblade Ribbon,

They are bred with heart and drive included.

From a small kennel with Big results.

Old Post 06-06-2016 03:18 PM
Sawblade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawblade Click here to Send Sawblade a Private Message Find more posts by Sawblade Add Sawblade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Kelly, But your picture was a lot better. My family did not seem to want to cooperate. It was like getting a family protrait made. I thought seriously about Woody but I just bred one to Woody's sire instead. I hope to get my own Woody. I saw how nice the Ranger females crossed with Rocky. I think that this is another "proven cross". I am a "me too" breeder. I may get by myself occasionally but I am not that independant.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-06-2016 at 04:02 PM

Old Post 06-06-2016 03:44 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Richard

I heard you're a babbler too

Old Post 06-06-2016 04:01 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, do I have me a stalker now? I have been feeling left out.

Old Post 06-06-2016 05:58 PM
Sawblade
UKC Forum Member

Your own Woody

Richard , if you want your own Woody you'll have to get a Sawblade female first. LOL
I can help you out when your ready for one.

Proud Breeder of the following dogs
GrNiteCh Sawblade Fiddle "no.5 historical female
QuadGrCh Yellow River Red Blaze
GrNiteCh Copeland's Red Hot Clyde
GrNiteCh Stone's Midnight Red Jake
NiteCh Brights Choctaw Night Time Sissy
NiteCh Sawblade Red Reckon
NiteCh Brasee Red Penny
NiteCh Nacalus Mandolin
Yellow River Fiddle II " good reproducer"
NiteCh Krasa Sawblade Quikstuf Bone
GrNiteCh Krasa Hair Trigger Hope
GrNiteCH Locked and Loaded Jake
GrNiteCh Moonlight Woody
NiteCh Sawblade Mac Truck " Jake and Hopes' brother"
NiteCh After Dark Spark " brother to Fiddle"
NiteCh Morgan's Boone " sister to Fiddle"
NiteCh High Water June " out of Reckon"
NiteCh Sawblade Timberline Rusty
Sawblade Ribbon,

They are bred with heart and drive included.

From a small kennel with Big results.

Old Post 06-07-2016 01:52 PM
Sawblade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawblade Click here to Send Sawblade a Private Message Find more posts by Sawblade Add Sawblade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Corey/UKC
At least you can speak for four, five, six, seven generations of your own stock! Some of us are still building towards that

That would also make you...old. Not that there's anything wrong with that. 😆

Old Post 06-07-2016 02:18 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

But in a short bit of seriousness here, Richard, anything Boone would be my vote, especially on Willow. Then Ranger x Wendy.

I'm just glad "real" breeders still exist, I have no desire at this point to build a line, I prefer grabbing hold of a wagon that's well been in motion. I don't have the time but glad somebody else takes the time.

Old Post 06-07-2016 02:31 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote