UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > senior cast
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

I for one haven't even heard of this in our area but you could leave your dog at home and volintear to go judge them if you thought there was a problem !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2014 05:53 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

All John is saying is it takes away the random draw and leaves it open for manipulation. The thing is they did not suddenly become crooked when they turned 55. We know the ones that can be trusted and the ones that cant.

The flip side to it is the older hunters are more likely to withdraw if their dogs are not preforming. Thats not the man that is left in the cast fault.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-20-2014 06:07 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GORDON HALE
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John D
Stop and think about it. If someone is capable of coming up with a scheme like this, do you really think they will hunt the remaining dog for 2 hours and go by the rules?

A nonhunting judge will make them do that and will also make them really MAD. But it still doesn't prevent them from picking a dog ahead of time to hunt solo for 2 hours. Even an average dog can come in with a good score, hunting alone for 2 hours in his own spots.

So, its still not a level playing field with the other casts which is why denying their entry is also an option supported by UKC.

Again, I'm not saying this happens a lot and crooks come in all ages. But I sure wish someone had given my club this warning, some time back....

I suppose something like this could happen in other casts but typically there are too many dogs entered and the entries are too unpredictable to set up a cast like this. The only way I could see it happening is if you only have 3-4 entries, the same ones, at several hunts. In that case they might get together to decide who gets a win, but what would be the point? If there is one cast, one of them should get a win every time, anyway. All it would take to ruin the scheme is for one of them to think he might have a coondog and can beat those other guys, heads up, by the rules. Regardless, I've personally never seen that attempted.

if an average dog can look good by himself then every dog that earns enough points to be Nite Champion should also have to pass HTX exam before earning title!

Old Post 07-20-2014 07:14 PM
GORDON HALE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GORDON HALE Click here to Send GORDON HALE a Private Message Click Here to Email GORDON HALE Find more posts by GORDON HALE Add GORDON HALE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

GUYS THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD IN EVERYTHING WE DO. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE TRYING TO GET AN EDGE AND CHEAT!! THE MAJORITY I HOPE ARE HONEST GUYS. JUST SOMETHING WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH AND TAKE CARE OF WHEN IT COMES UP.

JMO, AND GOODLUCK TO ALL.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 07-21-2014 12:13 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GORDON HALE
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rmcmillan
GUYS THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD IN EVERYTHING WE DO. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE TRYING TO GET AN EDGE AND CHEAT!! THE MAJORITY I HOPE ARE HONEST GUYS. JUST SOMETHING WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH AND TAKE CARE OF WHEN IT COMES UP.

JMO, AND GOODLUCK TO ALL.

X2 Well said!

Old Post 07-21-2014 12:55 PM
GORDON HALE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GORDON HALE Click here to Send GORDON HALE a Private Message Click Here to Email GORDON HALE Find more posts by GORDON HALE Add GORDON HALE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

NO DIFFERENCE

"Obviously this isn't a level playing field if you have others who were subject to the luck of the draw, slugging it out in other casts."
"LOOK at seniors cast , not all are this way but in our area this is how some seniors WIN. You draw out in your night champion cast, a senior cast of three are entered . You come in with a cast win,the senior cast winner has a bigger score so he wins NT CH 1st place. then you here that 2 of the senior cast members withdrew,never turned there dogs loose, which means the winning dog got to hunt by himself for the 2hr. hunt, no compatition."

What if the other dogs withdrew or were scratched in your Nt Ch cast & you won Nt Ch ?
What if another Nt Ch cast beat you by scoring a slick tree ?
I guess the senior cast got cheated

You guys are comparing apples to apples here

IF IF !! a club has a problem with seniors manipulating a cast as described, the club should handle it with a un-affiliated non-hunting judge or other sanction.
The clubs in our area would like to welcome all & have a whole bunch of seniors come to hunt

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Last edited by David Webb on 07-21-2014 at 02:16 PM

Old Post 07-21-2014 01:04 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

This is where I stand in 2000 I fell of a scaffold broke my back got a titanium disc blowed both knees bounced back from that loved to compete still a lot of the young boys couldn't keep up with me. (I hate a lazy dog and were I live a dog has to go hunting to be productive ) I am 56 years old last year broke my ankle got a plate and 10 screws in it and a lot of my generation are in the same boat we didn't set around playing x box. Eating pizza pockets we worked the old saying goes don't judge a man till you walked a mile in his shoes the senior cast gives people the right age with impairments to still enjoy the the sport especially our veterans that have made the sacrifice so that you can enjoy this sport to start with yes as you can tell I am offended that the younger gen would lump the seniors in the same pile as the cheaters maybe some of some of you need to really rethink what your saying this sport has enough room for everyone ( and that's all I got to say about that)!!!!!!!!

Old Post 07-21-2014 02:53 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

There are a lot of ways to manipulate a cast and they don't have anything to do with how old you are. Cheaters cheat no matter what their age is. Some 20 yr olds manipulate casts and cheat. Do you want clubs to send non-hunting judges out with them? Maybe we should send non-hunting judges out with every cast. But then we would just have to worry about the non-hunting judges cheating. Quit pickin on the poor old guys.

Old Post 07-21-2014 03:02 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

Tell me where someone is lumping all seniors in with cheaters or picking on all the old guys? Its a simple point, but you just don't get it. Amazing.

Yes, anyone can cheat. Generally, HONEST club officials, MOH's, and judges try to keep a step ahead of that regardless of age or anything else. That's what this is about.

If you want to go off chasing rabbits, then go do it, but my point is about some folks finding another way to take the HONOR out of Nite Hunt Honor Rules. 6 months ago I sure wish someone had told our club what could happen so we would have been better prepared. It turns out a couple other clubs in the area have had almost the same situation but we weren't aware of it. Anybody responsible for running a clean event should be more interested in details than denial.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 07-21-2014 03:30 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Senior casts are not random draws, they are fixed draws. The other casts ARE random draws. That is all I am saying. Forget the cheating/ not cheating, I'm not talking about cheating. I'm talking about EVERYONE hunting against the dogs they draw EXCEPT one group that hunts against the cast that is PICKED.

I'm a senior, I can barely even hunt anymore and I'd quit before I'd ever ask for any special consideration. If I hunt, I'll hunt against whoever I draw or I'll stay tha hell in tha kitchen where I belong.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-21-2014 03:47 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

In the same case ( I have had this happen to me ) your in a group of younger hunters your dog gets first strike and first tree your having trouble keeping up with the cast you ask them to slow down a couple of times because they are running. You get to the tree they inform you your dog moved and come back coons there plus them minus you I withdraw they almost wee. Wee they are so happy they run a deer the rest of the hunt only coon they treed one dog gets first off of it I just took it on the chin but that's how the random draw works lol

Old Post 07-21-2014 04:08 PM
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

TRY AND GET MORE OLDER GUYS TO COME AND HUNT THEN THEY WILL HAVE TO DRAW THEM OUT. HAD A FOURTH GUY TO THAT CAST, THEN WHAT WILL BE THE GRIPE? THEY LEFT HANDLER A CALL FIRST ALL THE TIME, SO HE COULD SCORE HIGH. THEN CALL RIGHT BEHIND HIM TO KEEP HONEST MAD DOWN. ALL KINDS OF WAYS TO DO IT.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 07-21-2014 08:08 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Clubs need to be aware that its very easy to abuse the senior cast provision.......Clubs need to watch their entries and their conduct, closely.

Old Post 07-22-2014 12:19 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
......I have not seen anything like this attempted on regular casts, ever.......

............. ...........

Old Post 07-22-2014 12:20 AM
John Woods
UKC Forum Member

x 2~~~Well said

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
This is where I stand in 2000 I fell of a scaffold broke my back got a titanium disc blowed both knees bounced back from that loved to compete still a lot of the young boys couldn't keep up with me. (I hate a lazy dog and were I live a dog has to go hunting to be productive ) I am 56 years old last year broke my ankle got a plate and 10 screws in it and a lot of my generation are in the same boat we didn't set around playing x box. Eating pizza pockets we worked the old saying goes don't judge a man till you walked a mile in his shoes the senior cast gives people the right age with impairments to still enjoy the the sport especially our veterans that have made the sacrifice so that you can enjoy this sport to start with yes as you can tell I am offended that the younger gen would lump the seniors in the same pile as the cheaters maybe some of some of you need to really rethink what your saying this sport has enough room for everyone ( and that's all I got to say about that)!!!!!!!!

Old Post 07-22-2014 02:19 AM
John Woods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Woods Click here to Send John Woods a Private Message Click Here to Email John Woods Find more posts by John Woods Add John Woods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Stop and think about it. If someone is capable of coming up with a scheme like this, do you really think they will hunt the remaining dog for 2 hours and go by the rules?

A nonhunting judge will make them do that and will also make them really MAD.

Well at least they can pat there own backs for making him Grand Night

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 10-20-2014 at 05:25 PM

Old Post 10-20-2014 05:14 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

When I first started after you made ntch you had non hunting judges clubs would have trouble with enough available people to furnish them now days but like I said before you could always leave your dog at home and go judge them if you think there was a problem ( I know I would )!!!!!

Old Post 10-20-2014 09:27 PM
Alan K.
UKC Forum Member

Typically I think the older hunters have been there and done that so why would they have a desire to start cheating. If you want to complain about something complain about the young people that thinks they have to run to a tree leaving everyone else behind.
You people complaining remember who you used to hunt with 25 - 40 years ago that just come to visit now because they can't keep up with the racehorses.
With some luck you might live long enough to be broke down and have health issues years down the road and remember about complaining about the old guys that still love to compete, but can't.

Old Post 10-21-2014 04:21 AM
Alan K. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan K. Click here to Send Alan K. a Private Message Find more posts by Alan K. Add Alan K. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

THEM OLD CHEETERS THATS WHY THEY WHEN EVERYTHING

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 10-21-2014 11:22 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R Herald
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Clubs need to be aware that its very easy to abuse the senior cast provision.

For example, a senior can enter his dog, plus 2 other seniors of his choosing. The host club is obligated to provide a senior cast, even if it means there will be an extra cast in the category.

When they get to the woods, IF they even go to the woods, 2 of the seniors will withdraw, leaving the dog they want the win on, to hunt by itself for 2 hours.

Obviously this isn't a level playing field if you have others who were subject to the luck of the draw, slugging it out in other casts.

UKC has told our club that if this happens we have every right to put a nonhunting judge on the cast or deny the entries of those involved.

Clubs need to watch their entries and their conduct, closely.

What makes you think that this doesnt happen in a regular cast ? If so that means that all cast should have a non hunting judge.This seems to be pointing the finger at a senior cast being dishonest.

Nite Ch. Buck Creek Jane (Buck Creek Buck X Coma)
Nt.Ch.GR.Ch.HTX Sweat It's Stylish Bee (Rock Bottom Sweat It X Track Man )
Nite Ch. Gr.Ch. Insane Stylish Jade {RIP} (Insane Cain X Finnley River)

Last edited by R Herald on 10-21-2014 at 02:07 PM

Old Post 10-21-2014 01:42 PM
R Herald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R Herald Click here to Send R Herald a Private Message Find more posts by R Herald Add R Herald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Ronnie i am holding back as long as i can for these 15 to 25 year olds think they know it all when in reality when they get 45 years old or older they will realize they did not know nothing when they were younger.

How can you even make a comment about a senior cast when you have never been on one thats like the pot calling the kettle black.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Old Post 10-21-2014 01:52 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I have a group of guys probobly 20 or 25 of them that I have hunted against for thirty years not a one of them ever wanted a win they did not deserve a lot of the younger bunch don't care how they win just as long as they win you can't blame the older guys for not wanting to be a part of that!

Old Post 10-21-2014 02:09 PM
John D
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by R Herald
What makes you think that this doesnt happen in a regular cast ? If so that means that all cast should have a non hunting judge.This seems to be pointing the finger at a senior cast being dishonest.

Tell me how 1 person can approach the entry table and enter 3 dogs and be assured that those 3 dogs will be on one cast when there are several entries in that division? Keep in mind this is an honest run club.

I'll also add that there is some background info on this person and this dog and why they are doing this.

This is pointing a finger at a dishonest cast that was made possible due to UKC's provision for a senior cast. I know that's awful hard for most of you to understand and its alot easier to say I'm bashing seniors and argue that point, lol. I'm tired of trying to explain it to ya'.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Old Post 10-21-2014 02:41 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Alan K.
If you want to complain about something complain about the young people that thinks they have to run to a tree leaving everyone else behind.

Oh I know them young guys just scamper thru the woods it's like a Mad Dog Train.

319-201-8445

Old Post 10-21-2014 03:12 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox
John D Needs to shut up or put up for it sounds to me like he don't own any dogs that can win in the hunts so he don't want any one in a senior cast to win either.

JEALOUSLY IS A POWERFUL WORD AND A LOT OF DIFFERENT WAYS OF GETTING AROUND TO SAYING THATS WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM IS. NUFF SAID.

Mr. Fox, thank you for your constructive comments.

God Bless You.

Old Post 10-21-2014 04:23 PM