UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tracking System Tip of the Day!!
Pages (24): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
David Morgan
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, I have turned off the automatic zoom but it still autozooms. How do I stop it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-10-2013 03:01 AM
David Morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Morgan Click here to Send David Morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email David Morgan Find more posts by David Morgan Add David Morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bruce

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
have you seen these? just wondered what you think.
quick connect fittings. sorry ,picture is small. can't seem to get it larger so you can really see them.
looks like the gold one screws onto the ant fitting on the hand held and the others on antennas so you can change out from rubber ducky to roof mount or which ever.

The connector you are looking for is called a SMA male connector. They are real tricky to put on because the tip that the wire goes into is very frivolous.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 10-10-2013 03:30 AM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

David there two auto zooms. One in map setup and one in dog set up. My guess is one probably dog zoom is still on.

Toe cutter
I didn't think much of the first connectors out. I like the ones in your picture as it makes antennas simple to change with less chance of breaking your sma connection

I haven't experienced any problems putting them on. I have had one bad connector out of about 150. May have more but hope not.

Last edited by on 10-10-2013 at 03:44 AM

Old Post 10-10-2013 03:38 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Jsb call me tomorrow. I can send you the screw you need if you cover shipping. 904-692-1568

Old Post 10-10-2013 03:42 AM
Bruce M. Conkey

Wishiwashunting. About the only way to tell is compare it to a buddy's system. If you can't track his collar and he can and track yours then look at the handheld. If you track his collar and not yours the look at your collar.

Old Post 10-10-2013 03:48 AM
Dan Vincent
UKC Forum Member

Alpha

Thanks for the help Bruce I'll check the antennas. The collars have seen some heavy use. I really like the Alpha system, and its not a real big deal when you have to delete them then add them back in.

Old Post 10-10-2013 01:41 PM
Dan Vincent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Vincent Click here to Send Dan Vincent a Private Message Find more posts by Dan Vincent Add Dan Vincent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I will be out of the country and may not be able to visit this post for the next 9 days. There are several people posting that know these Garmins pretty well and together we can keep this thread going and maybe helping others. Thanks for all the questions and Thanks to those that help answer the questions!!

I have learned several things off this post the past couple weeks and hopefully with everyones help will continue to learn.

Old Post 10-10-2013 02:03 PM
B Hanson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
have you seen these? just wondered what you think.
quick connect fittings. sorry ,picture is small. can't seem to get it larger so you can really see them.
looks like the gold one screws onto the ant fitting on the hand held and the others on antennas so you can change out from rubber ducky to roof mount or which ever.

Where do you get these connectors at I've looked but can't find them anywhere.

Old Post 10-10-2013 04:02 PM
B Hanson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Hanson Click here to Send B Hanson a Private Message Find more posts by B Hanson Add B Hanson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I sent you a PM.

Old Post 10-10-2013 04:13 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

There is an update for the tt10 collar. It's to fix a problem for showing dog treed. You have to hook collar to computer using the charging clip and hooking a USB cable to it and the computer. Go to the web updater program on your computer and it should update. Do not use the charging cable just the clip.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 10-22-2013 10:21 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max destruction
UKC Forum Member

Is it just me or does the 320 eat threw battery's alot faster than the 220? Any suggestions?

Old Post 10-23-2013 01:43 AM
max destruction is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max destruction Click here to Send max destruction a Private Message Click Here to Email max destruction Find more posts by max destruction Add max destruction to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by max destruction
Is it just me or does the 320 eat threw battery's alot faster than the 220? Any suggestions?

Yes, but the 320 is a bigger horse. Go to Dollar General and buy a pair of rechargeable batteries with charger for 10 bucks and another pair for 5. Haven't bought a AA battery in 2 years.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 10-23-2013 03:41 AM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick53
New UKC Forum Member

Dc 40 died and won't come back on

My newest dc 40 collar shut off while hunting tonite and will not turn back on. batteries were fully charged. got home and put it on the charger and it won't light up showeing its chargeing. all the wires are still hooked up inside and it was dry.

Old Post 10-25-2013 04:13 AM
bluetick53 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick53 Click here to Send bluetick53 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick53 Find more posts by bluetick53 Add bluetick53 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Bluetick when you say newest collar could that collar be about 1 1/2 years old? Nothing you can do except call garmin and get another one. 1800-800-1020 They will need the serial number so you might as well take the plate off the collar and look on the back of the transmitter and write it down.

Old Post 10-26-2013 03:42 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

What maps or map combos do you guys run on the Astro and Alpha.

To me I like having both the topo and Birdseye Sat. Image loaded and the topo overlayed on the Sat. Image.

That works well on my Alpha because the topo is loaded internally and the Birdseye Sat. Image is on a card.

One thing I never tried and have always wanted to do is load the birdseye Sat. image on a card and also buy a Birdseye TOPO subscription and put it internally in the Astro 320. Has anyone done this?

How many people have purchased the Birdseye TOPO subscription and used it. I think most people don't know its available ad everyone just says Birdseye but there is more than one Birdseye map.

Also the Birdseye TOPO is for US and CANADA.

Last edited by on 10-26-2013 at 03:50 PM

Old Post 10-26-2013 03:47 PM
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

I disable the topo and just use the birdseye.

Old Post 10-26-2013 04:12 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I disable the topo and just use the birdseye.

If you disable the topo, you lose the road names and that is important to me.

Old Post 10-26-2013 04:17 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

I think the best is run both together. But I don't like Birdseye loaded on the astro because of limited size and taking up all the operating space. That's why I think Birdseye topo on astro 320 and Birdseye Sat on a Card is the best way to go. With to Alpha the topo is already on the machine so a card with birds eye works well.

Old Post 10-26-2013 04:41 PM
osagebl
UKC Forum Member

where can i

how can I get a set fo instructions for my 320 brought one used but its like driving in the dark with out lights.with out instructions

Old Post 10-27-2013 03:39 AM
osagebl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osagebl Click here to Send osagebl a Private Message Click Here to Email osagebl Find more posts by osagebl Add osagebl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Go to garmins website and select the astro 320 then download and print a PDF file of operating instructions.

Old Post 10-27-2013 01:19 PM
osagebl
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-28-2013 12:44 PM
osagebl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osagebl Click here to Send osagebl a Private Message Click Here to Email osagebl Find more posts by osagebl Add osagebl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
osagebl
UKC Forum Member

don't have a arrow on my compass

Old Post 11-04-2013 02:33 AM
Bruce M. Conkey

That generally happens when no dog collar is on. Turn on one and when it hooks up then it should point in its direction.

Old Post 11-04-2013 03:29 AM
bigphil76
UKC Forum Member

My garmin alpha is constantly sayin the dog is treed....this happening to anyone else? Im just figuring its the terrain there on

Old Post 11-04-2013 06:51 AM
bigphil76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigphil76 Click here to Send bigphil76 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigphil76 Find more posts by bigphil76 Add bigphil76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Went hunting last night and the wind was blowing 25 MPH. My alpha kept loosing signal, picked up quickly, but I never noticed this before. Maybe I just haven't noticed this before, but was looking at the Garmin a lot because had hard time hearing the dogs. Coon weren't moving so dogs were ranging deep. We did tree 2 coon and quit. Has anyone else notice this or could the strong winds have some thing to do with loosing signal?

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 11-04-2013 02:58 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote