UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2011 UKC World Hunt
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by greg stull
THATS A GOOD TRADE BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE SOME RATTLE SNAKES/ COTTON MOUTHS/COPPER HEADS/ AND A FEW GATORS TOO. LOL
WE HAVE RATTLERS AND COPPERS. NO MOCASINS OR GATORS. MAYBE WE WILL GIVE YOU FISHERS AND BEARS. OH MY.

I AGREE HOLD THE HUNT IN LATE OCT, NOV IN SOUTHWEST PA. WOULD BE A GOOD AREA AND GOOD HUNT.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2010 01:41 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rmcmillan
WE HAVE RATTLERS AND COPPERS. NO MOCASINS OR GATORS. MAYBE WE WILL GIVE YOU FISHERS AND BEARS. OH MY.

I AGREE HOLD THE HUNT IN LATE OCT, NOV IN SOUTHWEST PA. WOULD BE A GOOD AREA AND GOOD HUNT.

Whats is a fisher?

Old Post 10-30-2010 02:58 PM
joey bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey bourne Click here to Send joey bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email joey bourne Find more posts by joey bourne Add joey bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey bourne
Whats is a fisher?
FISHER IS IN THE WEASLE FAMILY. I BELIEVE THE LARGEST. THEY ARE NASTY S O B 'S. WILL GIVE YOUNG & OLD DOGS A FIT ON CREEKS. I WAS TOLD ONCE THAT THE PA GAME COMMISSION STOCKED THEM TO KILL PORKIES. DO NOT KNOW IF THAT IS TRUE. SUPPOSEDLY THEY WILL KILL PORKIES. TROUBLE IS THEY WILL GO IN DEN TREES AND KILL KITTEN COON ALSO.

Old Post 10-30-2010 03:06 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

quote:
FISHER IS IN THE WEASLE FAMILY. I BELIEVE THE LARGEST. THEY ARE NASTY S O B 'S. WILL GIVE YOUNG & OLD DOGS A FIT ON CREEKS. I WAS TOLD ONCE THAT THE PA GAME COMMISSION STOCKED THEM TO KILL PORKIES. DO NOT KNOW IF THAT IS TRUE. SUPPOSEDLY THEY WILL KILL PORKIES. TROUBLE IS THEY WILL GO IN DEN TREES AND KILL KITTEN COON ALSO.

Sounds more like the taz devil to me. Will they swim like a otter? The pics I've seen remind me of a otterwez.....lol

Old Post 10-30-2010 03:32 PM
joey bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey bourne Click here to Send joey bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email joey bourne Find more posts by joey bourne Add joey bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

yes they can swim. nasty boogers. i know several guys have treed them. one shot it out to three grown dogs. they fought him 150 yds and he had a bullet in him. he still busted three dogs up to where they were bleeding.

GO TO THREAD FOR SWEAT TEA AND PAGE 195 I THINK. THEY HAVE A PICTURE OF A FISHER ON A CAM.

Last edited by rmcmillan on 10-30-2010 at 04:42 PM

Old Post 10-30-2010 04:30 PM
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

MEAN little fellows the are a tazdevil.....LOL

Old Post 10-30-2010 05:00 PM
greg stull
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by jculler8
Not a problem. I hunt 300+ nites a year. We have plenty of copperheads and timber rattlers up here anyways. Not like I've never seen a poisonous snake before or anything LOL.

You guys act like a northerner going down south to hunt is like going over seas or something!

Heck, you guys keep arguing and fighting over WHERE the hunt should be held while you should be asking to have it while the leaves are OFF in November, December, January or February.

Coon move good here in the winter months!

OK DIDN'T MEAN TO GET YA UPSET OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT I WAS JUST HAVEING SOME FUN WITH YOU GUYS . TRYING TO ANYWAY. I WILL NOT BE GOING TO THE WORLD ANYWAY UNLESS IT IS CLOSE TO HERE. BECAUSE I MIGHT NOT CAN TELL YOU WHO THE WINNER WILL BE BUT I BET YOU EVERYONE WILL HAVE SEEN THEM BEFORE KNOW WHAT IM SAYING. IM NOT DRIVEING A WHOLE DAY UP NORTH FOR THAT. I GO TO A BIG HUNT EVERY YEAR NOT GOING TO SAY WHICH ONE BUT THE LOCAL GUYS WIN IT EVERY YEAR. IM NOT DRIVEING 1000 MILES FOR THAT BS.

Old Post 10-30-2010 05:53 PM
greg stull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greg stull Click here to Send greg stull a Private Message Click Here to Email greg stull Find more posts by greg stull Add greg stull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat
UKC Forum Member

tt

I didnt think about those porcupines up there. Are they plentiful?

Old Post 11-01-2010 02:19 AM
thedirtyrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat Click here to Send thedirtyrat a Private Message Find more posts by thedirtyrat Add thedirtyrat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I have no clue where it will be, but if you want to hold it in Georgia, we will surely take it and do our dead level best to make sure its sucessful, just as we did in Bowman Ga for Zone 6.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-01-2010 02:36 AM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

Re: tt

quote:
Originally posted by thedirtyrat
I didnt think about those porcupines up there. Are they plentiful?
THEY ARE HERE AND THERE. I GUESS YOU HAVE OBSTACLES WHERE EVER YOU GO.

Old Post 11-01-2010 11:28 AM
Clay Lautzenhiser
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: tt

quote:
THEY ARE HERE AND THERE. I GUESS YOU HAVE OBSTACLES WHERE EVER YOU GO.

Good point but I find it strange that with all the obstacles that everone supposedly has I have only seen a few. I hunt from one end of the country year after year and have for many years. In all those years I have: never seen a fisher, porky, taz devil..... I have seen one copperhead, one eastern diamond back, hundreds of gators, hundreds of wild hogs, and hundreds of cotton mouths. So maybe things arent quite as bad as some would make it seem.
The point of the post wasn't to make it a north versus south isue, as it always turns, but to get ideas on the 2011 hunt. Dont make it something it is not. Every part of the country deserves to hold the World Hunt at one point.

PKC#50739

Last edited by Clay Lautzenhiser on 11-01-2010 at 05:22 PM

Old Post 11-01-2010 03:01 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clay Lautzenhiser Click here to Send Clay Lautzenhiser a Private Message Click Here to Email Clay Lautzenhiser Find more posts by Clay Lautzenhiser Add Clay Lautzenhiser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: tt

quote:
Originally posted by Clay Lautzenhiser
Good point but I find it strange that with all the obstacles that everone supposedly has I have only seen a few. I hunt from one end of the country year after year and have for many years. In all those years I have: never seen a fisher, porky, taz devil..... I have seen one copperhead, one eastern diamond back, hundreds of gators, hundreds of wild hogs, and hundreds of cotton mouths. So maybe things arent quite as bad as some would make ir seem.
The point of yje post wasn't to make it a north versus south isue, as it always turns, but to get ideas on the 2011 hunt. Dont make it something it is not. Every part of the country deserves to hold the World Hunt at one point.

AMEN, not everyone has the dollars to travel all over the country to these events. It should be spread out so all has a chance to go at least once in there life.

Old Post 11-01-2010 03:14 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser
UKC Forum Member

There is a simple solution. Divide the country into 4 equal zones: NE, SE, NW, SW, and rotate the World hunt between zones. whoever shows up to hunt in that part of the country shows up. Those who don't want to or cant afford it that year stay home. A World Champion would be determined from the ones willing to hunt in that enviroment. That would be a whole lot fairer than the current system.
I am sure the UKC would cry about the "MONEY" lost some years but then again they can make it up in the good years.
Now since it was in Indiana AGAIN this year it should rotate to the SE zone next year and so on...

PKC#50739

Old Post 11-01-2010 05:29 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clay Lautzenhiser Click here to Send Clay Lautzenhiser a Private Message Click Here to Email Clay Lautzenhiser Find more posts by Clay Lautzenhiser Add Clay Lautzenhiser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rough Northern
UKC Forum Member

I would hold it where most of the hunters want it. I would like to see the hunt entries when the world was held in the south (supposed thinner coon population) as compared to a thicker coon pop. By no means do we need to be tripping over them.

One registry moved there hunt to a better coon population and they are getting supported by the move.

Another registry holds there's at the bad time of the year for lots of hunter and on the east coast. Thus, not as much support.

Old Post 11-01-2010 06:13 PM
Rough Northern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rough Northern Click here to Send Rough Northern a Private Message Find more posts by Rough Northern Add Rough Northern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rough Northern
I would hold it where most of the hunters want it. I would like to see the hunt entries when the world was held in the south (supposed thinner coon population) as compared to a thicker coon pop. By no means do we need to be tripping over them.

One registry moved there hunt to a better coon population and they are getting supported by the move.

Another registry holds there's at the bad time of the year for lots of hunter and on the east coast. Thus, not as much support.

I live where the coons are thinner than alot of places. That being said if my dog acts right its nothing to look at 3 to 5 coons a nite. I hunt 4 to 6 nites a week. Seems to me thick coons that pop up don't prove a dog is anything other than a average coondog. Whats wrong with lesser scores as long as all dogs are in the same area? All I ever worried about is beating the other 3 on my cast. Can't controll the rest. Maybe them sure fire dogs don't come to the south because of swamps thin coon and the owners don't feel like they stand a chance???? JMO Our local club is named HELL HOLE CHA and every year at GRANDAMERICAN some of the northern dogs that draw out with our club withdraws just because of the name.........LOL I wouldn't drive all them miles and pay that entry to just withdraw.

Old Post 11-01-2010 07:40 PM
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

I LIKE THE IDEA OF ROTATING ZONES. IF ALL DOGS HUNTE IN THE SAME GENERAL AREA THEN IT WOULD BE ON AN EQUAL FAIR PLAYING FIELD. SURE THE HIGHER SCORES ARE NICE BUT EVEN PLAYING FIELD WOULD NOT MATTER. IF YOU TREE TEN A NIGHT IN ONE AREA OR TWO OR THREE IN ANOTHER WOULD NOT MATTER. I THINK FAIR PLAYING FIELD WOULD APPEAL TO ALL. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT MOVING TO DIFFERENT AREAS DO NOT COME. JMO.

Old Post 11-01-2010 08:05 PM
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I LIKE THE IDEA OF ROTATING ZONES. IF ALL DOGS HUNTE IN THE SAME GENERAL AREA THEN IT WOULD BE ON AN EQUAL FAIR PLAYING FIELD. SURE THE HIGHER SCORES ARE NICE BUT EVEN PLAYING FIELD WOULD NOT MATTER. IF YOU TREE TEN A NIGHT IN ONE AREA OR TWO OR THREE IN ANOTHER WOULD NOT MATTER. I THINK FAIR PLAYING FIELD WOULD APPEAL TO ALL. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT MOVING TO DIFFERENT AREAS DO NOT COME. JMO.
AMEN

Old Post 11-01-2010 08:14 PM
thedirtyrat1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat1 Click here to Send thedirtyrat1 a Private Message Click Here to Email thedirtyrat1 Find more posts by thedirtyrat1 Add thedirtyrat1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: tt

quote:
Originally posted by Clay Lautzenhiser
Good point but I find it strange that with all the obstacles that everone supposedly has I have only seen a few. I hunt from one end of the country year after year and have for many years. In all those years I have: never seen a fisher, porky, taz devil..... I have seen one copperhead, one eastern diamond back, hundreds of gators, hundreds of wild hogs, and hundreds of cotton mouths. So maybe things arent quite as bad as some would make it seem.
The point of the post wasn't to make it a north versus south isue, as it always turns, but to get ideas on the 2011 hunt. Dont make it something it is not. Every part of the country deserves to hold the World Hunt at one point.

Clay, do you remember the night when you were out here this past summer and belle dog treed right along that gravel road and we were able to drive right up and shine the tree?

Well about 2 weeks prior to that night I saw a porky in the same exact place. You must've just got lucky while you were here bc I see em all the time. Now 10 years ago there weren't porkies in my area, you needed to drive over an hour north to see one. Now they're everywhere!

I have yet to see a fisher around here, yet I have talked to several that have. Heck my mom say one one day coming home from the gym. It crossed the road right in front of her! When she came home and asked me what it was, I asked her why she didn't run it over! LOL

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 11-01-2010 11:17 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mel Malone
UKC Forum Member

The only thing i want to do with the 2011 World Hunt is HUNT IN IT!!!!!

Old Post 11-02-2010 12:04 AM
Mel Malone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mel Malone Click here to Send Mel Malone a Private Message Find more posts by Mel Malone Add Mel Malone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

PORKIES, THAT IS THE SAME HERE. WE NEVER HAD THEM NOW YOU SEE THEM EVERYWHERE. SAW ONE ABOUT AN HOUR EAST OF ME HIT ON I-68 AROUND HANCOCK MD. WE SEE FISHERS, I CAUGHT ONE ONCE IN A BOX TRAP.

Old Post 11-02-2010 02:51 PM
Matt Mays
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
I have no clue where it will be, but if you want to hold it in Georgia, we will surely take it and do our dead level best to make sure its sucessful, just as we did in Bowman Ga for Zone 6.
Ya'll sure did do a very fine job.... very nice camping and plenty of elec. and water hookups also

Old Post 11-02-2010 03:33 PM
Matt Mays is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Mays Click here to Send Matt Mays a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Mays Find more posts by Matt Mays Add Matt Mays to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

I STILL SAY TRY SW PA.

Old Post 11-02-2010 08:11 PM