UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2011 UKC World Hunt
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Clay Lautzenhiser
Imagine a World Hunt with no feeders or corn piles. Just coon dogs turned loose in the wild and required to track and tree wild coons that arent held there by a food source. I kinda like the idea and, although I have already heard of a location, hope the UKC takes a look at this club.

Clay it should be down this way if you want wild coon that you gotta go get! There's enough of them too here in PA, but I hear ya on Ashland, I've also had a few good go's out there, so I wouldn't object to either!

And yes, a big score out of Ashland area is definitely possible. I was on a 3 dog cast one night out there where we scored on 8 coon in 48min and 9 in 56min. That was in March, no feeders etc.. Only treed 2 or 3 more the second hour, but you can for sure rack up some points quick if you're in the right spots and the cards fall right!

I think that may have been the night when I drew Tucker and he tried to get us to score on a coon that his dog found... tooo bad it had been dead about a good month or so!!! LOL LOL

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-29-2010 04:43 AM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle McMellon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by delta nightlife
i with you all the way jay -yazoo city or vicksburg does not matter

yazoo and vickesburg is pretty much same area hunt the same woods I was just thinking vickesburg cause thats where they have the zones past two years. Also its a little closer to jackson. Both places would benifit from it though!!

Kyle McMellon
Hurley, Ms
(228)-990-0941

Old Post 10-29-2010 07:25 AM
Kyle McMellon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle McMellon Click here to Send Kyle McMellon a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle McMellon Visit Kyle McMellon's homepage! Find more posts by Kyle McMellon Add Kyle McMellon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle McMellon
yazoo and vickesburg is pretty much same area hunt the same woods I was just thinking vickesburg cause thats where they have the zones past two years. Also its a little closer to jackson. Both places would benifit from it though!!

that is true and not only do we have a bunch of public land we also have alot of private land to hunt, and the coon populatin is not bad at all.

Old Post 10-29-2010 01:43 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

SKYE 2011 WORLD CHAMP?

Old Post 10-29-2010 01:53 PM
greg stull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greg stull Click here to Send greg stull a Private Message Click Here to Email greg stull Find more posts by greg stull Add greg stull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

dont jinks her lol

Old Post 10-29-2010 02:01 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rough Northern
UKC Forum Member

If its in the South a NORTHERN dog will win it again anyway. Hold it whereever.

If you drive a long distance its nice to go and tree more than 1 coon per cast, jmho.

Old Post 10-29-2010 03:13 PM
Rough Northern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rough Northern Click here to Send Rough Northern a Private Message Find more posts by Rough Northern Add Rough Northern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deepwood
UKC Forum Member

hunt

quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne
Ashland Ohio Coonhunters club and it will be at the Wayne County Fair Grounds

why at wooster fair grounds if its going to be held in ashland oh might as well be at the ashland fair ground...

Old Post 10-29-2010 03:18 PM
deepwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deepwood Click here to Send deepwood a Private Message Find more posts by deepwood Add deepwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Rough Northern
If its in the South a NORTHERN dog will win it again anyway. Hold it whereever.

If you drive a long distance its nice to go and tree more than 1 coon per cast, jmho.

JUST BECAUSE WE ARE DISCUSSING IT BEING IN THE SOUTH DOES NOT MEAN ONLY ONE COON WILL BE TREED PER CAST. IT MEANS THEY WILL HAVE TO WORK HARDER TO GET ONE TREED. 5 OR 6 COON PER CAST DOWN HERE IS NOT UNCOMMON. BUT IF A DOG GETS UP OVER 1000 PLUS AROUND HERE WE KNOW THERE WHERE SOME BUCKETS INVOLVED

Old Post 10-29-2010 03:35 PM
greg stull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greg stull Click here to Send greg stull a Private Message Click Here to Email greg stull Find more posts by greg stull Add greg stull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UNCLE RAY
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ukc_hunter
I vote SALISBURY,NORTH CAROLINA
I second that!

Old Post 10-29-2010 03:55 PM
UNCLE RAY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UNCLE RAY Click here to Send UNCLE RAY a Private Message Click Here to Email UNCLE RAY Find more posts by UNCLE RAY Add UNCLE RAY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

world hunt

I remember when we had the ACHA World Hunt in Greenwood Mississiippi in the early 80's. I drew out with a guy from Michigan. His dog bayed a Texas Ranger (Armadilla) in the second round and got scratched. He was teariing us up before then. Think he had 550+ or so. Felt kinda bad about it, but that's the breaks. How far North have the dillers made it? A lot of the Northern hounds have never been around them. I'm allways worried about getting on a Wolverine or a Badger when I go up North. Bet them rascals would tear a dog's tail up.

Old Post 10-29-2010 04:38 PM
thedirtyrat1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat1 Click here to Send thedirtyrat1 a Private Message Click Here to Email thedirtyrat1 Find more posts by thedirtyrat1 Add thedirtyrat1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

Re: world hunt

quote:
Originally posted by thedirtyrat1
I remember when we had the ACHA World Hunt in Greenwood Mississiippi in the early 80's. I drew out with a guy from Michigan. His dog bayed a Texas Ranger (Armadilla) in the second round and got scratched. He was teariing us up before then. Think he had 550+ or so. Felt kinda bad about it, but that's the breaks. How far North have the dillers made it? A lot of the Northern hounds have never been around them. I'm allways worried about getting on a Wolverine or a Badger when I go up North. Bet them rascals would tear a dog's tail up.
I HAVE MEET FOLKS FROM PARTS OF TENN THAT HAVE NEVER LAID EYES ON A DILLER.

Old Post 10-29-2010 05:02 PM
thedirtyrat1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: world hunt

quote:
Originally posted by greg stull
I HAVE MEET FOLKS FROM PARTS OF TENN THAT HAVE NEVER LAID EYES ON A DILLER.
Wonder if it would make the newspaper headlines to bring a dead diller to Indiana with me in December and lay him along side the interstate. LOL

Old Post 10-29-2010 05:24 PM
thedirtyrat1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedirtyrat1 Click here to Send thedirtyrat1 a Private Message Click Here to Email thedirtyrat1 Find more posts by thedirtyrat1 Add thedirtyrat1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

Re: Re: Re: world hunt

quote:
Originally posted by thedirtyrat1
Wonder if it would make the newspaper headlines to bring a dead diller to Indiana with me in December and lay him along side the interstate. LOL
DO IT!! THAT WOULD BE SOME KIND OF FUNNY.

Old Post 10-29-2010 06:15 PM
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

shoot take em a breeding pair so they can understand what we go thru with young dogs and dogs that have never been around them

Old Post 10-29-2010 06:23 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by patches9452
shoot take em a breeding pair so they can understand what we go thru with young dogs and dogs that have never been around them
LOL LOL LOL

Old Post 10-29-2010 06:27 PM
Randy Tallon
UKC Forum Member

Joe and I will trade ya trunk full of those dillers for a small crate of porkies. Waddaya think, Joe? Worlds somewhere around the New York border? Lots of coon!!! And plenty of porkies!!!

USAF proud!!! 6 Years active 19 Reserves MSgt (ret) Raven 457
Carpe Nocturnum-Seize the night!

Old Post 10-29-2010 06:37 PM
Randy Tallon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Tallon Click here to Send Randy Tallon a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Tallon Find more posts by Randy Tallon Add Randy Tallon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Tallon
Joe and I will trade ya trunk full of those dillers for a small crate of porkies. Waddaya think, Joe? Worlds somewhere around the New York border? Lots of coon!!! And plenty of porkies!!!
THATS A GOOD TRADE BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE SOME RATTLE SNAKES/ COTTON MOUTHS/COPPER HEADS/ AND A FEW GATORS TOO. LOL

Old Post 10-29-2010 06:49 PM
Russell Boyette
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rough Northern

I drove over 7 hours to Illinois for the SS & didn't see over 1 coon scored on a single cast I was in. From the looks of the rest of the scores that week, everyone else pretty much had the same luck.

Be nice to have guides lined up that had some knowledge of where a good place to turn loose might be, instead of getting directions from another guide to a place he'd never been, or taking us to a State land kills zone where dead coons are thrown out everywhere, then turning us loose toward another cast that's less than 300yds away.
J.M.H.O.

(205) 712-4326

• PKC Ch 'PR' Triple X-Rated
http://www.hunt101.com/img/342861.jpg

• NITECH Beaver Creek Knothead
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/KnotHead-2.jpg

• Death Row Psycho aka "De"
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Dee11-10-a.jpg

• 'PR' Skuna River Style
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Stone2.jpg

**R.I.P.**
UKC NITECH - PKC CH
'PR'Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie
http://www.hunt101.com/img/369634.jpg

Old Post 10-29-2010 07:20 PM
Russell Boyette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Boyette Click here to Send Russell Boyette a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Boyette Find more posts by Russell Boyette Add Russell Boyette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

deepwood, ashland fair grounds were either to much or not available from what I have been told

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 10-29-2010 08:00 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin Bowles
UKC Forum Member

Ashland Coonhunters holding world hunt

the Ashland fair is the week of the world hunt so it can not be held there. Wayne county fair is the week before and i believe they have a horse show that weekend. we looked at getting it for 2010 world hunt but was booked, so i dont think it will be there either. only place available was Norwalk fairgrounds and that is 45 mins. from Ashland club.

Old Post 10-29-2010 10:24 PM
Kevin Bowles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin Bowles Click here to Send Kevin Bowles a Private Message Click Here to Email Kevin Bowles Find more posts by Kevin Bowles Add Kevin Bowles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

Kevin Norwalk is a nice place alot of motels and places to eat and when they held the spring deal for AKC that building was great!

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 10-30-2010 01:00 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Tallon

LOL boy those boys from the SOUTH would be a howling once they got ahold of a few of those quills you gotta pull out! lol

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Old Post 10-30-2010 03:32 AM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by jculler8
LOL boy those boys from the SOUTH would be a howling once they got ahold of a few of those quills you gotta pull out! lol
WE USE QUILLS TO CATCH BREAM. LOL WADE INTO ONE OF OUR SWAMPS WITH SOME COTTON MOUTHS AND SEE WHO'S HOWLING. LOL
WE HUNT YEAR ROUND.

Old Post 10-30-2010 04:44 AM
max destruction
UKC Forum Member

Nashua iowa!

Old Post 10-30-2010 06:36 AM
max destruction is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max destruction Click here to Send max destruction a Private Message Click Here to Email max destruction Find more posts by max destruction Add max destruction to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by greg stull
WE USE QUILLS TO CATCH BREAM. LOL WADE INTO ONE OF OUR SWAMPS WITH SOME COTTON MOUTHS AND SEE WHO'S HOWLING. LOL
WE HUNT YEAR ROUND.

Not a problem. I hunt 300+ nites a year. We have plenty of copperheads and timber rattlers up here anyways. Not like I've never seen a poisonous snake before or anything LOL.

You guys act like a northerner going down south to hunt is like going over seas or something!

Heck, you guys keep arguing and fighting over WHERE the hunt should be held while you should be asking to have it while the leaves are OFF in November, December, January or February.

Coon move good here in the winter months!

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Old Post 10-30-2010 01:15 PM