UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rule change
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Rule change

Ok so what new rules passed?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-01-2019 04:14 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

I guess we were thinking the same thing at the same time lol

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 09-01-2019 04:17 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I cannot believe it. Nothing

Old Post 09-01-2019 07:33 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
I cannot believe it. Nothing

Easy , easy , easy guys they ain’t been to sleep much in three days !! It’s coming be patient 😂

Tar

Old Post 09-01-2019 07:55 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I had the pleasure of listening to Mr big Al G. speak Sat. at AO and if I'm not mistaken he said it may take 2 week to get the results out there

Old Post 09-01-2019 09:21 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

changes!!

Associations didn't turn ballots in until 2 pm, but straw vote was taken during meeting with a show of hands. Word 'on the street' was no countdown ( thank the walker reps, if this is what final vote turns out to be), but tree will be dead after 3 mins.- go score it, won't be waiting 5 anymore.

They never open ballots same day & count them at AO, TOO much other stuff going on- drawing casts, get them sent to satellite clubs, GrNt hunt to get finished up. Will be announced when they get home, rested up a bit & have time to catch up on all the paper work for a whole week of activities. This thing is like a STATE FAIR compared to a county fair, so cut them some slack!!!

Allen, if you need another employee for events like this or all year, I did retire from farming last year & have time on my hands!!! HINT HINT HINT. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-02-2019 05:51 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Last year when I was at ao they had a paper with any change posted early Saturday morning. We have internet these days not the pony express. LOL

Old Post 09-02-2019 06:14 PM
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Easy , easy , easy guys they ain’t been to sleep much in three days !! It’s coming be patient 😂

Tar

listen to him guys they are coming and there will be changes.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-02-2019 07:03 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: changes!!

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rolin Blues
[B]Associations didn't turn ballots in until 2 pm, but straw vote was taken during meeting with a show of hands. Word 'on the street' was no countdown ( thank the walker reps, if this is what final vote turns out to be), but tree will be dead after 3 mins.- go score it, won't be waiting 5 anymore.

There are 7 coonhound breeds and each breed gets 2 (TWO) votes. Tell me how the Walker reps. could vote countdown rule down by themselves? Two votes against 12 doesn't make a majority. I must be missing something.

I think he’s saying the Walker breed didn’t vote for it

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 09-03-2019 01:56 AM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If they close the tree at 3 minutes, a late me too dog won't get anything, not even 25 tree plus their strike points. But dogs that are working the same track and just get beat will get their points. It sounds like a compromise to me which is what government is supposed to do. It should please both the count down guys and the leave it alone guys. But knowing coonhunters, it will probably just make everyone complain. Either way it should be interesting to see how it works out.

Old Post 09-03-2019 02:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

"There are 7 coonhound breeds and each breed gets 2 (TWO) votes. Tell me how the Walker reps. could vote countdown rule down by themselves? Two votes against 12 doesn't make a majority. I must be missing something. "

Each breed association sent in two representatives, they are given one ballot to discuss and then vote for what changes their association wants.
Now that still does not make it a over powering vote to have one vote differently so not for sure what that comment was for.lol

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 09-03-2019 02:52 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If they close the tree at 3 minutes, a late me too dog won't get anything, not even 25 tree plus their strike points. But dogs that are working the same track and just get beat will get their points. It sounds like a compromise to me which is what government is supposed to do. It should please both the count down guys and the leave it alone guys. But knowing coonhunters, it will probably just make everyone complain. Either way it should be interesting to see how it works out.

3 minutes in all reality is a countdown for big dummies !

Didn’t think most of us was smart enough to keep up with a real countdown lol !!

Tar

Old Post 09-03-2019 02:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Gingerich should repost just the results of the online polls so that we could see if the poll results reflected the new rule changes.

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:07 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
3 minutes in all reality is a countdown for big dummies !
Didn’t think most of us was smart enough to keep up with a real countdown lol !!
Tar

Tarbaby, I actually heard the comment several times this weekend that a countdown would make it too hard/confusing for hunting judges to keep track.

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:11 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Mr Gingerich should repost just the results of the online polls so that we could see if the poll results reflected the new rule changes.

I had a mole deep undercover in the meeting I know how it went ukc will have the final say.

Tar

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:13 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tarbaby, I actually heard the comment several times this weekend that a countdown would make it too hard/confusing for hunting judges to keep track.

How long we been hunting in the $$$ hunts brouther it’s new to them but not new to us I hunt under three sets of rules and have for years the brass is the only ones need to catch up.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:16 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Seems strange if the count down rule doesn’t come in effect to blame it on the walker guys. Their not true walker guys are they. That rule has been needed for years.

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:30 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
........ Their not true walker guys are they......

Oh my goodness, just what is a "true walker guy"?
Are they different from, "Redbone guys" or "Bluetick guys"? If so, just what is the difference other than the color of the dog they hunt?

Old Post 09-03-2019 03:51 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, just what is a "true walker guy"?
Are they different from, "Redbone guys" or "Bluetick guys"? If so, just what is the difference other than the color of the dog they hunt?

Richard that is suppose to be a funny. There is no difference. At least am not color blind. Just saying, the reps had to come up with that one all on their own. I promise you the majority of the ones that hunt walkers wants a count down.

Old Post 09-03-2019 04:02 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Mr Graves, I thought it was funny. I think that there actually is a big difference. And I believe that the true walker dog guys would agree. Most of them act like they are a cut above us poor Redbone guys. Ones like Tarbaby seem to be just a lil bit smarter than us Redbone guys. They wouldn't have any problem keeping up with those countdown times.

Old Post 09-03-2019 10:50 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Part of that Richard is what makes a good handler. I learned a long time ago to know what’s on the card in my head by that I knew how to stay ahead of everybody knowing what I needed when. If you asked what you needed then everybody knew how close it was lots of times I had them beat and they didn’t know it till it was to late. Knowing the rules and the times is as important as the dog.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-03-2019 11:10 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Mr Richard I wouldn’t call you a poor redbone guy. I think it’s awesome that you are pushing a breed that has been put on the back burner so to speak. To me a man needs to hunt what pleases him. I have always hunted walkers. My favorite is English blue tick. Say all the time if I could find a line that operates like a walker that’s what I would hunt.

Old Post 09-03-2019 11:17 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Any good handler keeps score in the head and knows exactly where each dog stands in the cast at all times. If you don't do this, you aren't much of a handler. I always knew the score of all the dogs in my casts, if I needed to lay back I did, it was just sound handling. It helped that I am really good in math. Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-04-2019 12:09 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Three minute time limit on the tree does sound like a good compromise and maybe even better overall than a countdown. I hope that did pass.

Old Post 09-04-2019 06:08 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

I can learn to like a 3 minute count down. Will be hard for die hard ukc hunters to give up completely on the pack dog mentality . That’s what it was founded on.

Old Post 09-04-2019 06:52 AM