UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Well it’s official !
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
We are going to charge $20 for regular hunts that don't have additional prizes, most our regular hunts are just $15 now and include free food. Going to talk to Allen about how to work entry fee for our $30 slams. Because the payout is based off a $30 entry fee but would like to charge 35 still and still payout off a $30 entry fee. We do this for bigger $kc hunts where the extra is used to pay guides and judges, in this case it will go to UKC for escrow.

I would think the $20. and $30. slam hunt would now be 25 and 35 same with the $50 slam hunts.

319-201-8445

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-03-2019 04:43 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Doug__Adams
I think it may change numbers for a year or so.. but eventually the little guys like myself will quit going and the “UKC” crowd will just become the same crowd you see at $ hunts now. Pkc hunts around her draw 3 dogs just like the UKC hunts. It’s just a different 3 guys.. the 3 $ guys will probably come to UKC but the 3 dust collector guys will probably disappear. If money was their motivation they would’ve been at the Pkc hunts. Just my opinion.

Would they disappear because additional competition showed up?
Who is the little guy? What many fail to realize is that many of these guys are the little guy too, paying their own way. Which is why many like to hunt for at least their gas money back, they are hunting on their own dime. Working hard day in day out putting food on the table and raising kids just like nearly everyone else. Many raise and train their own dogs. Why would someone resent outside competition showing up unless they are so used to their small group collecting wins. Want to make it work...welcome them, feed them and don't make outsiders feel like outsiders and they may surprise you. I stated in a previous post that to qualify you have to have 5 wins, winning 75% of casts that's 7-8 hunts, 50% of casts would be 10 hunts.
Our club has lots of crossovers us included we've got those that have never hunted for money in their life right along side and having a good time and good hunts with those that have won everything there is on the other side multiple truck winners, world titles, nationals, SS and the $200,000+ $ winners, you name it they've won it.
I remember one time showing up at a hunt a few states away on our way home from somewhere else and guys pulling their entry slips off the table never speaking and walking out the door. The 2 that were left were super guys and one of them won the hunt that night. The others didn't even know who we were but we were outsiders. Don't ever be that hunter.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-03-2019 04:53 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We are in an area where it has got down to where nobody has nowhere close to go. Even not many $$$ hunts either. I just want a place where if it’s 4 or 40 entrants they have a good time. I hope this helps get people interested again.

Tar

Old Post 09-03-2019 01:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I don't agree with the across the board fee increase.
To me it is like the government raising taxes of everyone to benefit a few .
There are people that will never consider going to this hunt in their life time yet if they enter say 10 hunts a year will eventually pay an extra 50.00 .
Club can't eat this increase so you know the entry fees are going up. There are many already struggling to stay afloat.
UKC got you over a barrel and you either pay or stay home.
Don't think 5.00 is a big deal. When gas went up entries fell.

Actual case point.
Our Pa State hunt required you to be a member to receive extra awards. Instead of asking everyone and verifying membership. Nite Hunters decided to charge an extra 5.00 entry and sign everyone up.
So you were now a member and eligible for Jacket ,etc.
We had guys griping about the extra fee and how they could hunt in so and so hunts for this or that. Or they didn't care about the Jacket.

These guys that want that compete for 200,000 should be the ones that pay to play.
Just like auto and horse racing. They pay high entry fees and get sponsors to help .

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 09-04-2019 02:27 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

It's very difficult to hold big money competitions without sponsors.

Old Post 09-04-2019 03:01 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Would they disappear because additional competition showed up?
Who is the little guy? What many fail to realize is that many of these guys are the little guy too, paying their own way. Which is why many like to hunt for at least their gas money back, they are hunting on their own dime. Working hard day in day out putting food on the table and raising kids just like nearly everyone else. Many raise and train their own dogs. Why would someone resent outside competition showing up unless they are so used to their small group collecting wins. Want to make it work...welcome them, feed them and don't make outsiders feel like outsiders and they may surprise you. I stated in a previous post that to qualify you have to have 5 wins, winning 75% of casts that's 7-8 hunts, 50% of casts would be 10 hunts.
Our club has lots of crossovers us included we've got those that have never hunted for money in their life right along side and having a good time and good hunts with those that have won everything there is on the other side multiple truck winners, world titles, nationals, SS and the $200,000+ $ winners, you name it they've won it.
I remember one time showing up at a hunt a few states away on our way home from somewhere else and guys pulling their entry slips off the table never speaking and walking out the door. The 2 that were left were super guys and one of them won the hunt that night. The others didn't even know who we were but we were outsiders. Don't ever be that hunter.

I can honestly tell you we welcome everyone at our club and I have stopped by some clubs traveling and have also been welcomed, also most of us are hunting on our own dime and yes some aren't as well off but when I raised my entry fees I only had a couple complaing all the rest paid with no crumbling, least wise not to me anyway LOL

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-04-2019 09:47 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

We just started a new club last year. Our first hunt only had 4 dogs. But the second and third hunts were double headers and hunted 14 each night. We kept the price at $15 because the hunters were new to compition except a couple. I love the ideal but I hope it doesn’t keep these new guys away. I will have to explain it good to them to keep them coming. I think most will but this is a poor area unfortunately.

Old Post 09-04-2019 11:21 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

If this program pulls one more hunter per cast at a $20 entry fee that one extra almost paid for the price increase for the whole cast, then he is also there to buy raffle tickets, buy food and drinks from the kitchen, and increase a Calcutta. A little less money per cast member with more hunters will beat more money from a handful of hunters.

Old Post 09-05-2019 04:57 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Let's see, 5 entries at $15 = $75 minus 5 x $2.50 = $62.50.
Now then 8 entries x $15 = $125 minus 8 x $7.50= $65.

Why does a club have to increase their entry fee? If you have food sales or a raffle or a 50/50, increased hunters will increase revenue voluntarily.

People always complain about paying taxes but they line up to buy lottery tickets.

Old Post 09-05-2019 01:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Why does a club have to increase their entry fee? If you have food sales or a raffle or a 50/50, increased hunters will increase revenue voluntarily.

People always complain about paying taxes but they line up to buy lottery tickets.

Cook somthing worth eating they will pay to eat it.

Tar

Old Post 09-05-2019 01:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Thanks for showing the math Richard. Just shows that getting more hunters to the club is more profitable for everyone.

Old Post 09-05-2019 07:20 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:

Pardon my ignorance .
But your math don't add up with my math.

5 entries at $15= $75.. minus 5 X $2.00 =$65.
8 entries at $15= $120.. minus 8 X $7.00 =$64.

So a club would need to draw 3 more dogs at old fees and still lose a 1.00.

The recording fees are currently 2.00.
Why you assume more dogs would enter is just that... a hope and a prayer.
And the difference in lottery tickets and taxes …. One you want to pay the other you are FORCED TO PAY!!!

Another question?If this increase only benefits the hunting group, why are the show people going to also be paying an increase?
The fee increase IS NOT BENEFITTING THEM !!!
Where are their returns for increases ??

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 09-06-2019 at 02:24 AM

Old Post 09-06-2019 01:25 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What show people? Our clubs quit having bench shows a couple of years ago.

Old Post 09-06-2019 01:31 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

The ones that compete at national levels. I went to over 30 last year.

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Old Post 09-06-2019 02:06 AM
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Another question?If this increase only benefits the hunting genre, why are the show people going to also be paying an increase?
The fee increase IS NOT BENEFITTING THEM !!!
Where are their returns for increases ?? [/B][/QUOTE]

PAT, The way I read the 7 dollar recording fee is for the hunting dogs only--I don't think they raised the fees on the Bench Shows or water races & field trail

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 09-06-2019 02:22 AM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Thanks for that. Hope you are right as that would only be fair to the show participants and clubs.
The shows are in more trouble then the hunts right now.
A lot of clubs dropped shows around here.

Question is though is hunt fees a generalization term such as hunt packet ,hunt results and in fact includes ALL ENTRIES?

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 09-09-2019 at 04:07 PM

Old Post 09-06-2019 02:28 AM