UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog box height?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Martinbnt
UKC Forum Member

Dog box height?

What is the height of your dog compartment , I make my boxes and they always turn out alot higher than most I see

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-24-2020 04:00 PM
Martinbnt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martinbnt Click here to Send Martinbnt a Private Message Click Here to Email Martinbnt Find more posts by Martinbnt Add Martinbnt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

I always make mine 2 feet high that's perfect for the truck I'm in which is a 91 chevy 2 wheel drive. Also perfect size for a Toyota on the height. Mine is 46 inches long and 43 inches wide that's the perfect size for my truck. It all depends on what size the truck is really though, on the height I always measure the height of the tailgate then make it 3 inches higher than that.

Old Post 11-24-2020 05:33 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

If you get the box too tall you’ll have more trouble with them messing in the box.

Old Post 11-24-2020 09:09 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martinbnt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the replies,my dogs aren't overly big 60 to 70 lbs i was just curious if u was missing something, hadn't thought of the dumping

Old Post 11-25-2020 12:48 AM
Martinbnt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martinbnt Click here to Send Martinbnt a Private Message Click Here to Email Martinbnt Find more posts by Martinbnt Add Martinbnt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I believe my dog compartment height is 19”

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 11-26-2020 05:23 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog box height?

quote:
Originally posted by Martinbnt
What is the height of your dog compartment , I make my boxes and they always turn out alot higher than most I see

If you are making them, the first step should be to measure the height to the top of your tailgate before you start building. Going higher than that will obstruct your view. Mine goes even to the top of the tailgate.

Old Post 11-28-2020 05:39 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Owens bottom storage

Old Post 12-08-2020 01:27 AM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog box height?

quote:
Originally posted by Martinbnt

Just thought of this. The box my wife got me was Ole Dry Pond. First box I've had that I didn't make myself. And so much easier to load and unload. About even with the top of my tailgate.

But, the real reason I am bringing this up is that I just remembered that they also make "detachable" storage units for their boxes. Just thought that was an interesting concept whether you are building one or buying one.

They have a demo on their website (or at least they did when I was looking), as well as a place where they give you the dimensions of their boxes. It's worth checking their website info. regardless of which route you go.

Old Post 12-08-2020 04:50 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote