UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Absolutely No Excuse
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Absolutely No Excuse

Been seeing the comments on scores down here in South at the world hunt. A hound has 2 hours to find a track finish it and have the meat. If they can't do that in 2 hours then they have no business being a World Ch. I don't make excuses for mine when they don't come up with a coon in 2 hours. Y'all can say what you want. There are hounds that are dang good and consistent winners in thin coon. Coondog can win either way thick, thin, ect. But don't complain. I think it's good ukc is mixing it up. I have lived and hunted in the south my hole life. This time of year a hound should have no problem treeing 2 in a cast in 2 hours. If there focused on treeing coon.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-22-2017 08:14 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mobluedog
UKC Forum Member

I agree 100%. Every hound will have off nights, but a world champion caliber dog should have no trouble in thin coons. I like that they actually have to hunt for one.

Old Post 09-22-2017 08:19 PM
mobluedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mobluedog Click here to Send mobluedog a Private Message Find more posts by mobluedog Add mobluedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Georgia was good hunting. A dog just has to work a little. It's my kind of hunting.

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Old Post 09-22-2017 08:43 PM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Mr Williams you can't tree them if they ain't there. I got a dog through the zones I was asked to judge both nights I was dry holed on Friday night the guide did not meet us till 9:30 to go hunting we treed one coon and that was an accident and I had the least plus points on it I scored 500+ Saturday night and my cast win got me through the zones same dog just got in coons the same guy guided Saturday night and he withdrew early in the same spot he took me to they treed one coon also and they was hunting coondogs difference is he got paid win loose or draw now if you are happy treeing one coon a cast and walking your guts out to see it be my guest cash your little $$$$ checks but I hate to pop your bubble that ain't the definition of a coon dog I drove three hours each way both days hunted and judged the full 2 hrs both nights the guy that owned the dog drove 14 hrs and spent $800 to hunt and said he got beat fair and square but a lot of people that did the same thing don't feel like they got a fair shake you don't have the right to tell them other wise because you were not there jmo.

Old Post 09-22-2017 08:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DylanHovey
UKC Forum Member

"If they aren't there"

I've always believed drop me ANYWHERE in the south and there is a treeable coon SOMEWHERE within a mile of where I'm standing. There are some dogs in the top 13 that I know are nice dogs and last night it showed. If I was over there I would be begging them to "dry-hole" me. The fact of the matter is 90% of people who were beat last night are going to find everything in the world to complain about except what's on the end of their lead.

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:06 PM
DylanHovey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DylanHovey Click here to Send DylanHovey a Private Message Click Here to Email DylanHovey Find more posts by DylanHovey Add DylanHovey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Mr Williams you can't tree them if they ain't there. I got a dog through the zones I was asked to judge both nights I was dry holed on Friday night the guide did not meet us till 9:30 to go hunting we treed one coon and that was an accident and I had the least plus points on it I scored 500+ Saturday night and my cast win got me through the zones same dog just got in coons the same guy guided Saturday night and he withdrew early in the same spot he took me to they treed one coon also and they was hunting coondogs difference is he got paid win loose or draw now if you are happy treeing one coon a cast and walking your guts out to see it be my guest cash your little $$$$ checks but I hate to pop your bubble that ain't the definition of a coon dog I drove three hours each way both days hunted and judged the full 2 hrs both nights the guy that owned the dog drove 14 hrs and spent $800 to hunt and said he got beat fair and square but a lot of people that did the same thing don't feel like they got a fair shake you don't have the right to tell them other wise because you were not there jmo.

I have never made a dryhole excuses. The only way I complain about a guide is one that puts us in danger of the dogs. I live in north Alabama. About same coon population. It's people making excuses on why we don't have better dogs. Only excuse you should have on getting dryholed is I found mine out of hearing under a coon after the hunt. Mine look like dogs all the time. But I'm not going to make excuses.

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:10 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Boys , boys , boys the more coons you got the more they will move they compete for food I ain't an ameture or a dummy either you boys thin them out so only babblin, deep and alone can find them you can't snow the snowman I invented all this crap y'all are pullen lol.

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DylanHovey
"If they aren't there"

I've always believed drop me ANYWHERE in the south and there is a treeable coon SOMEWHERE within a mile of where I'm standing. There are some dogs in the top 13 that I know are nice dogs and last night it showed. If I was over there I would be begging them to "dry-hole" me. The fact of the matter is 90% of people who were beat last night are going to find everything in the world to complain about except what's on the end of their lead.

You don't have to beg, if NC is far enough south for you sir i bet i can change your opinion on being dry hold, your dog can hunt 2 hours anyplace i drop you and never be in any danger so no need to call or tone him in, just let him hunt.

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:36 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

!! TOO FUNNY !! *NOT*

I keep waiting for those final 13 to post on here what a sorry dog they got & they have no idea how they got this far in a world hunt
Especially in this no-coon, cutdown, thickets, & heat & humidity location
And how in the world did they get this far with the sorriest judges that ever carried a scorecard

All the negativity, whining, & self-promo just proves this forum will stand still for whatever you want to put on it.
This reply proves it also

"The fact of the matter is 90% of people who were beat last night are going to find everything in the world to complain about except what's on the end of their lead"

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:44 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DylanHovey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
You don't have to beg, if NC is far enough south for you sir i bet i can change your opinion on being dry hold, your dog can hunt 2 hours anyplace i drop you and never be in any danger so no need to call or tone him in, just let him hunt.

Put your tennis shoes on

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:44 PM
DylanHovey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DylanHovey Click here to Send DylanHovey a Private Message Click Here to Email DylanHovey Find more posts by DylanHovey Add DylanHovey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I will guarantee you what he has in his kennel can tree a coon anywhere you flip when she's right. Even if she has to go 3-4 miles. Last time we put her in a hunt she treed 2 of the 5 coons seen and 52 dogs were entered in that hunt. She treed the last one 100 yards off a major highway. We will not ever cut her again. I'd say she has nothing else to prove. But I will be the first to admit she can look like an idiot.

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:51 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DylanHovey
Put your tennis shoes on

There on,
1231 Mays Chapel Rd Newton NC.

Old Post 09-22-2017 09:52 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coyote23
UKC Forum Member

A true coondog

A true coondog will tree coon anywhere any conditions that's what it going to take a deadly accurate dog not a slick tree it remember there just dogs they will make mistakes look at the top 13 which dog been here before the ones that are I would say u better keep a good eye on one dog that catches my eye is the lone pine dog she's been here before

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:00 PM
coyote23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coyote23 Click here to Send coyote23 a Private Message Click Here to Email coyote23 Find more posts by coyote23 Add coyote23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
I will guarantee you what he has in his kennel can tree a coon anywhere you flip when she's right. Even if she has to go 3-4 miles. Last time we put her in a hunt she treed 2 of the 5 coons seen and 52 dogs were entered in that hunt. She treed the last one 100 yards off a major highway. We will not ever cut her again. I'd say she has nothing else to prove. But I will be the first to admit she can look like an idiot.

I believe you and I know she can tree a coon never said he couldn't, what we talking about is dry holed where you can hunt all night and never see a house lite or road, where your fighting the clock from the time you cut loose and just hoping to get to the dogs and hope they have a score-able tree and pray you make dead line cause chances are one drop is all got time for.

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:00 PM
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I believe you and I know she can tree a coon never said he couldn't, what we talking about is dry holed where you can hunt all night and never see a house lite or road, where your fighting the clock from the time you cut loose and just hoping to get to the dogs and hope they have a score-able tree and pray you make dead line cause chances are one drop is all got time for.

All I'm saying is there's no excuse. Your dog either did what it was suppose or it didn't. Bad breaks happen. It compitition hunting. You not going to win every night. But when my dogs mess with off game, back slick treerers, make slick trees ect I will not blame the guide. Is all my point is. But I know some people have to turn everything into a pi$$ing match.

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:11 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I agree 100% but when a man begs to be dry hold i got ticked, no disrespect to him or his dog but he may not want to do that around here, I would enjoy hunting with him if wants to come up.

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:25 PM
wjoey
Banned

There having a regular ukc hunt tonight and tomorrow let's see what those dogs do

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:31 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DylanHovey
UKC Forum Member

My point is, it just gets old when everyone gets on here crying about their dog didn't look good because of coon population, the hunting, other dogs, etc. A coondog is a coondog no matter where you drop it. The excuses just get old. And please don't think that i'm trying to run anyone's dog down, I've hunted with several of those dogs that didn't look too good last night that I know are very nice dogs. I get it, Ive caught as many bad breaks as the next guy. But to lay the blame on why you got beat on hunt location is just a joke and really a sympton of a bigger problem.

North vs South crap doesn't exist. Kevin Cable, Scott Engle, Steve Yant are all from up north and when they come down South they win just like anywhere else.

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:40 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
All I'm saying is there's no excuse. Your dog either did what it was suppose or it didn't. Bad breaks happen. It compitition hunting. You not going to win every night. But when my dogs mess with off game, back slick treerers, make slick trees ect I will not blame the guide. Is all my point is. But I know some people have to turn everything into a pi$$ing match.
Lol, can't please them all,no matter what. Mr walker said it best. When Hunting in south can be real tough,dog that hunts around and hunts a piece of woods out has better chance than straight line hunters. You ain't gonna win down here with a babble and pop one up a little bush after dog gets a visual on coon. Best of luck to all the finalist.

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:42 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
...Boys , boys , boys.......I invented all this crap y'all are pullen

Oh my goodness...

Old Post 09-22-2017 10:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

NWilliams

Spot on with your post. Make no excuses win or lose, it's all about what you have in your lead that counts. The better the dog, the less issues one has competition hunting or pleasure hunting. Dave

Old Post 09-22-2017 11:46 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Hunting wasn't the problem! Its not that bad down there.

Old Post 09-23-2017 12:14 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

My Excuse

I ran out of dog power I guess. Maybe the trip and being stuck in traffic jams for 2 hours in Atlanta did it, maybe it was the heat, maybe he was just flat out having a crappy night. I'll probably never figure out why he wasn't operating right last night. At any rate he sure wasn't firing on all cylinders but I am still proud of him for getting to be there.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 09-23-2017 02:01 AM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: My Excuse

quote:
Originally posted by georgef072007
I ran out of dog power I guess. Maybe the trip and being stuck in traffic jams for 2 hours in Atlanta did it, maybe it was the heat, maybe he was just flat out having a crappy night. I'll probably never figure out why he wasn't operating right last night. At any rate he sure wasn't firing on all cylinders but I am still proud of him for getting to be there.
Best of luck next year !!!!!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 09-23-2017 02:29 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: My Excuse

quote:
Originally posted by georgef072007

Congrats on making it as far as you did. We made top 100 last year with a young English male. We were proud to have a dog that just turned 2 to make it that far. But I wasn't there but my buddy said he looked like crap. Did things he usually didn't do. I just blamed it on being a dog.

Old Post 09-23-2017 02:36 AM