UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The most interesting ?? From the world hunt..
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

The most interesting ?? From the world hunt..

There was a discussion about owners of World champs making a ton of money recently, so here's something. If the x-breed wins who will breed to him? Who will buy pups off him? Who would purchase him to stud out? I'm for x-breeds, nothing against people hunting whatever, just think it'll be interesting topic..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-23-2017 03:27 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawn mullinnix
UKC Forum Member

I think he will do fine. I have a friend here in Texas that has 2 females bred to Sambo right now.

Old Post 09-23-2017 03:55 PM
shawn mullinnix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawn mullinnix Click here to Send shawn mullinnix a Private Message Click Here to Email shawn mullinnix Find more posts by shawn mullinnix Add shawn mullinnix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I would have no issues breeding to him if i thought he was what i needed

Old Post 09-23-2017 03:58 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

X 2.

Old Post 09-23-2017 05:00 PM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: The most interesting ?? From the world hunt..

quote:
Originally posted by H.W. Moore
There was a discussion about owners of World champs making a ton of money recently, so here's something. If the x-breed wins who will breed to him? Who will buy pups off him? Who would purchase him to stud out? I'm for x-breeds, nothing against people hunting whatever, just think it'll be interesting topic..

If we are honest with ourselfs we all know the answer to that. Some will breed to him but nothing like if he was from one of the other breeds.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-23-2017 05:11 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

This is just my opinion....but if he wins .....the "bluetickers" need to jump on the wagon .
"If" I "still" hunted blues I would seriously consider him....but I don't .

Old Post 09-23-2017 05:28 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
This is just my opinion....but if he wins .....the "bluetickers" need to jump on the wagon .

The bluetick guys wouldn't breed to him if he was full blooded, unless he was out of what ever their bloodline goes back too.

Home Of:

Last edited by joey on 09-23-2017 at 05:41 PM

Old Post 09-23-2017 05:39 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
The bluetick guys wouldn't breed to him if he was full blooded, unless he was out of what ever their bloodline goes back too.

That's 1 reason I gave up on that breed... Just alot of close minded breeders ! JMO

Old Post 09-23-2017 06:22 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dennisfoster
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper

It might not hurt a few of the walker dogs either!!!! LOL

Old Post 09-23-2017 06:42 PM
dennisfoster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dennisfoster Click here to Send dennisfoster a Private Message Find more posts by dennisfoster Add dennisfoster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

I keep hearing about stud dog owners getting rich after they won the world hunt, but is this still the case?? I'm satisfied that they probably breed some females right after the big win, but I rarely see where they continue to make money in the years to come... Plus, I believe that this was something that was the norm years ago, but I do t believe is the case anymore..... For one thing how many different world hunt winners do we have a year?? There are several dogs that have been big winners the last few years in other kennel clubs that hasn't bred a handful of females.. plus this my opinion and doesn't reflect any others, but if you truly stud your dog out to the public in today's day in age I highly doubt there are many owners that even come close to breaking even...

Old Post 09-23-2017 06:57 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan K Webb
I keep hearing about stud dog owners getting rich after they won the world hunt, but is this still the case?? I'm satisfied that they probably breed some females right after the big win, but I rarely see where they continue to make money in the years to come... Plus, I believe that this was something that was the norm years ago, but I do t believe is the case anymore..... For one thing how many different world hunt winners do we have a year?? There are several dogs that have been big winners the last few years in other kennel clubs that hasn't bred a handful of females.. plus this my opinion and doesn't reflect any others, but if you truly stud your dog out to the public in today's day in age I highly doubt there are many owners that even come close to breaking even...

Rich? No but I'm sure some of them have made enough to pay the light bill a couple of times. It's a different world than it used to be. Several different world hunts, several good studs being advertised. I think the biggest thing is the internet. Everyone knows about all of the rest of the dogs that are reproducing even if they haven't won much. Back in the day only the local guys knew about them. It's no different than a business, if your all the people know about to fill there need then you get all of the market share. As soon as the word starts getting out about others you loose your market share.

Remember Balls ads in the magazines? They were outrageous but no one called him out on it. In today's age of the internet he wouldn't last a second. They would pile all over him. Look at what happened to Tom Hopkins on the litter of "impact" he tried the same stuff but on the internet and they ate him alive. I say all that to make the point that no matter what you win, we have so much access to information now that we know what the dog is producing. So all the wins and all the advertisements do know good without results in the stud pen.

Home Of:

Old Post 09-23-2017 07:13 PM
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

To be successful in the stud business nowadays you'll need a well bred young dog that wins frequently and starts throwing good pups early, then you can breed him & keep winning hunts till he's 8-9 years old & retire him to the stud pen..

Old Post 09-23-2017 07:59 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Moore times have changed. Sambo has already won a pile of money. He won it by treeing coon and collecting checks for doing it. Why would any person that really enjoys hunting and has a dog that can compete and collect checks want to stop hunting and breed the dog.

Old Post 09-23-2017 08:25 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Remember Balls ads in the magazines? They were outrageous but no one called him out on it.

...........that's not really right....Merchant called him out several times. I still have the American Cooners with the ads that Merchant ran calling him out...Balls best aginst Merchants best....Mr. Timothy didn't want no part of that....

Old Post 09-23-2017 09:58 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoondogUp
UKC Forum Member

I will without a doubt. Then again I already knew what he was about and have encouraged other serious breeders to already bred to him. Tonight will not change mind one way another but just solidify what I already knew and hunt.

HOME OF:

RIP: GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (SKIPPER X UNFORGIVENS PAIGE) Frozen Semen Available

RIP: GRNITECH 'PR' IOWA STYLE EXTREME LIZZY (GCH GRNITECH Bear Creek Hanna daughter)

GRWCH GRNITECH GRCH Belly Buster (Drifter x Half Breed Joey)

GRNITECH GRCH Iowa Style Wild Storm (Big D & 6 shots of Clover)

Old Post 09-23-2017 10:05 PM
CoondogUp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoondogUp Click here to Send CoondogUp a Private Message Click Here to Email CoondogUp Find more posts by CoondogUp Add CoondogUp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rex W Sims
...........that's not really right....Merchant called him out several times. I still have the American Cooners with the ads that Merchant ran calling him out...Balls best aginst Merchants best....Mr. Timothy didn't want no part of that....

Your Right Rex but that was entertainment for the readers it happened between a lot of different guys between 70's and 80's and in later years stopped. Could you imagine the reaction he would get now if he came on here and started blowing about his dogs like that? It took months back then and it was only from other breeders, it would be the public now and instant

Home Of:

Old Post 09-23-2017 10:13 PM
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Your Right Rex but that was entertainment for the readers it happened between a lot of different guys between 70's and 80's and in later years stopped. Could you imagine the reaction he would get now if he came on here and started blowing about his dogs like that? It took months back then and it was only from other breeders, it would be the public now and instant
.....You are right there Mr.Joey..it was entertaining...and no I cant imagine that happening now days...oh the good old days...

Old Post 09-23-2017 10:18 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Mr. Moore times have changed. Sambo has already won a pile of money. He won it by treeing coon and collecting checks for doing it. Why would any person that really enjoys hunting and has a dog that can compete and collect checks want to stop hunting and breed the dog.
At 8-9 his competition days will likely be winding down. I was suggesting keep hunting & winning and breeding a few along the way to see if he'll reproduce. I would never suggest retiring a top hound just to be a stud, that happens way to much already. .

Old Post 09-23-2017 10:29 PM
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

Compare a Pups on the Way List now to one fifteen years ago and you will see why there isn't a lot of money to be made off a stud dog anymore. Only about one fourth as many females being bred now as fifteen years ago. And the stud fee for a top stud was $500 then just like it is now.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Last edited by Travis Brown on 09-23-2017 at 10:54 PM

Old Post 09-23-2017 10:50 PM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rex W Sims
all that did was make them both money

Old Post 09-23-2017 11:27 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

it sure did Mic..Timothy Ball could sell a drowning man a anchor...or a Eskimo a ice cube..but it sure was fun waiting to get that Cooner to see what was going to happen that month....

Old Post 09-24-2017 12:30 AM
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

What I thought would happen did. Now it'll be fun to see what transpires with him.

Old Post 09-25-2017 01:31 AM
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I'd be doing more research into him & his pups and consider breeding my blue bitch to him if she wasn't spayed.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 09-25-2017 09:13 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

How many past world champion's reproduced very well? Percentage wise?
I truly don't know.

Old Post 09-27-2017 01:59 AM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote