UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Treeing cur...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Treeing cur...

Besides the obvious reasons...

Why do you see more Walkers used with Curs instead of the other breeds?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-14-2017 08:52 PM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
furflyinjim
UKC Forum Member

Well, I'll say this ..you know how some people call them walkers slick treeing idiots ? Its because a lot of these guys don't realize the dog is treeing sq at night . therefore they already have sq on the brain ... Trash ! just plain ol' trash !...lol

Got me some right now with some tri color trashers in em .

Old Post 09-14-2017 10:11 PM
furflyinjim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for furflyinjim Click here to Send furflyinjim a Private Message Find more posts by furflyinjim Add furflyinjim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travis gideon
UKC Forum Member

#1- Walkers are 4x more popular than all the other breeds put together.
#2- They are hounds, so more nose & adds size to cover more ground faster.
#3- They are known for being tree dogs (classier, pressure, barks per minute, etc)

Alexandria, IN
270-763-2151 Cell#
E-mail: travisgideon@msn.com

English-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC CH Baby Stakes Champion Top 10 Futurity Oakwood's Emma (RIP-1/10/15)
UKC Nt.Ch. PKC SCH Oakwood's Sunkist (semen/RIP/co-owned with Shane Cannon)
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. '98 English Day's High Scoring Male Sat. Oakwood's Blue Bomber (RIP)

Walkers-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. Raintree Hardwood Daisy (RIP)
UKC Nt.Ch. Big Woods Bubba (RIP/co-owned with Wes Coffman)

RED HOT KENNEL (feists)
Feist's-
NKC SQ CH ATFA GR SQ CH SOS Willie (RIP)
ATFA SQ CH Red Hot Dolly

Old Post 09-15-2017 01:01 AM
travis gideon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis gideon Click here to Send travis gideon a Private Message Click Here to Email travis gideon Find more posts by travis gideon Add travis gideon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

seems like over the years the mt cur has gravitated slowly towards a mt fiest look alike...

I like a 50-60 lb mt cur and those are hard to find these days...the treeing cur is somewhat the mt cur I like to hunt...

I now have kemmer cur x plott hound and they seem to be almost the same type of mt cur dog I hunted years ago...

Old Post 09-15-2017 11:46 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

There are still plenty of OMCs that look like the old ones. You just have to know where to look.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 09-17-2017 01:01 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Ashley
UKC Forum Member

I had a Redbone crossed with a Busher cur cross. The best dog I ever owned.

Old Post 10-15-2017 05:22 PM
Ed Ashley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Ashley Click here to Send Ed Ashley a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Ashley Find more posts by Ed Ashley Add Ed Ashley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote