UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many people would like to see?
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DFred
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
So your gonna give a silent dog 100 strike points every time it trees a coon ?

Dogs that are continuously silent should be scratched by the rules. However there are dogs that never bark on the ground that are struck and treed in one breath. The difference is this way they could be minused 225 instead of 150 when they are slick. We should think about this.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-31-2016 12:28 AM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fullhouse
Banned

As much as I hate a babbler nothing will ever change on that front. Make first tree 125 and only 25 after 30 seconds and nothing after a minute. Make the dog still stay treed for 5 before you handle it but if you come to a tree after a minute you don't deserve any points as far as Im concerned.

Old Post 05-31-2016 05:47 AM
fullhouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fullhouse Click here to Send fullhouse a Private Message Find more posts by fullhouse Add fullhouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger roberts
UKC Forum Member

Re: I think strike points is dumb

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Interesting position about strike points. I think I could use that same logic on tree points and ask that they all be the same as well, lol. The first dog to bark on the tree may not necessarily be the first dog to find the tree.

Have you ever been sitting close to a dog working a bad track, and see that dog rear up on a tree checking it, only to see that young gun of a pup come rolling on with its mouth wide open and telling all the world it has found the tree. I have seen this many times and for those that have not , it will be a learning experience. Now when dogs get treed off by them selves then yes you can pretty much figure that dog treed the coon, but when all dogs are working together on a hot track, it's which ever dog that throws the locate first that usually gets called for first tree, not necessarily the dog that actually found the tree first. So If barking is not a very good identifier of first strike, then it should not be used as an identifier of first tree either. Heck we can just watch the garmin and see who's little tree emblem looks up first.

wow I knew,I should of kept my mouth shut on this bored I knew,someone would find something about my post to come back with something smart matter of fact I knew it would be about the first dog to find track it was just a point the main thing I was talking about was by a dog barking it could be barking at anything when a dog trees you go there and see what they got up a tree could be coon could be off game or could be nothing at all so we can usually judge that but strike is totally different

Ch GrNiteCh PKC Ch Roberts Bear Fork Ranger At Stud for free
GrNiteCh Roberts Annie
NiteCh Bear Fork Flash

Old Post 06-01-2016 03:27 AM
roger roberts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger roberts Click here to Send roger roberts a Private Message Click Here to Email roger roberts Find more posts by roger roberts Add roger roberts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger roberts
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
No Richard, I'm saying way too many first strikes are awarded for nothing but barking at nothing and we all know that's the truth. Now, if there ever became an effective way of awarding those 100 points for actually being the first dog to strike a coon track, then I'm all for that and there would be no reason to even think about changing the strike rule.

I agree no way to prove what a dog is doing when they open there mouth

GrNiteCh Roberts Annie
NiteCh Bear Fork Flash

Old Post 06-01-2016 04:07 AM
roger roberts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger roberts Click here to Send roger roberts a Private Message Click Here to Email roger roberts Find more posts by roger roberts Add roger roberts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

How about this.. if u strike ur dog in the first min. Then it has to b treed with in 3 min.... if track is that hot that ur turning loose on it. Then ain't no reason can't b treed in 3 min...

If u no ur striking a babbling dog in the min Cuz it will bark for the next 50 min then u won't b striking that babble Cuz u no its a babble an he ain't gonna tree. U get minus..

GRNITE CH GRFCH GRCH'PR' ALL GRAND HARRYS MAN HTX 2 [walker]

GRCH FCH WCH PR HARRYS BIG BAD BOOMER HTX

NITECH CH VIRGINIAS MIGHTY MOE

Old Post 06-02-2016 02:42 AM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by walkerman75
How about this.. if u strike ur dog in the first min. Then it has to b treed with in 3 min.... if track is that hot that ur turning loose on it. Then ain't no reason can't b treed in 3 min...

If u no ur striking a babbling dog in the min Cuz it will bark for the next 50 min then u won't b striking that babble Cuz u no its a babble an he ain't gonna tree. U get minus..

I have turned loose more than one caged coon right in front of dogs and he ran for more than 3 minutes easily. I have also seen coon in the wild and dumped dogs right on them, only to have it go 1/4 of a mile.

Old Post 06-02-2016 04:20 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DylanHovey
UKC Forum Member

Wipeout Clayton won $80,000 taking 25 strike..

Old Post 06-02-2016 05:41 AM
DylanHovey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DylanHovey Click here to Send DylanHovey a Private Message Click Here to Email DylanHovey Find more posts by DylanHovey Add DylanHovey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Babbling

As long as there are dishonest people in the world, you will have these problems. The problem is some folks just can't admit when they are wrong and can't stand to lose and will do anything to win. Some don't even want a good coon dog, just a dog to win with. In their eyes it's I won and you lost and they will laugh all the way to the house with their winnings. I know it's been like this for years but in my honest opinion, it's gotten a lot worse. I'm sure some younger folks won't agree but those who hunted 30 to 40 years ago know the difference. One of my best dogs I ever owned would automatic when I first turned her loose just like some race horses would rare before they enter the stall before a race. Difference was, I wouldn't strike her because I knew she would quit within 10 r 15 seconds. That's where the honesty thing comes in. Changing the rules won't help because dishonest people will still be dishonest and will find a way to beat you and your honest dog, not always but enough to get you on here to start a thread because you are frustrated. I was always taught that honesty is always the best way and the cream will rise to the top and I still believe that. Good will prevail over evil in the long run. Morals and values outweigh dishonesty in my book every time and it don't take the head cashier at Walmart to figure that out. We all know when we're getting rooked and those dishonest ones will fade but beware because there is another one where that one came from. Happy hunting and have a great day.....Ron

Last edited by Ron Moore on 06-02-2016 at 09:27 PM

Old Post 06-02-2016 09:23 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Mueller
UKC Forum Member

I've put this type of post on here before but here I go again. 50 strike across the board. Everyone still strikes in so the judge can determine each dog. If dog a is struck and treed before dog b is struck. Strike pionts get a line through. Unless declared split. All the same. Some dogs babble if they cant gain from it then no big deal. Then u will start to see less and less of them. Especially if they get minused for babbling as well. This would be easier on the judge the and youngsters trying to get in this sport. Less argument on splitting strike or argument on getting strike. This post will get trumped I'm sure. This is simple logic to me but everyone got there own.

Grnitech pr" Crow Creek Hillbilly Hammer
Grnitech pr" Crow Creek Tree Rockin Ruby
Ntch grch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Harley Jr
Ntch ch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Blaster
Ntch ch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Holly

Old Post 06-02-2016 11:05 PM
Joe Mueller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Mueller Click here to Send Joe Mueller a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Mueller Find more posts by Joe Mueller Add Joe Mueller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Mueller
UKC Forum Member

I've put this type of post on here before but here I go again. 50 strike across the board. Everyone still strikes in so the judge can determine each dog. If dog a is struck and treed before dog b is struck. Strike pionts get a line through. Unless declared split. All the same. Some dogs babble if they cant gain from it then no big deal. Then u will start to see less and less of them. Especially if they get minused for babbling as well. This would be easier on the judge the and youngsters trying to get in this sport. Less argument on splitting strike or argument on getting strike. This post will get trumped I'm sure. This is simple logic to me but everyone got there own.

Grnitech pr" Crow Creek Hillbilly Hammer
Grnitech pr" Crow Creek Tree Rockin Ruby
Ntch grch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Harley Jr
Ntch ch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Blaster
Ntch ch pr Crow Creek Hillbilly Holly

Old Post 06-02-2016 11:06 PM
Joe Mueller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Mueller Click here to Send Joe Mueller a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Mueller Find more posts by Joe Mueller Add Joe Mueller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by roger roberts
I agree no way to prove what a dog is doing when they open there mouth

Maybe not when they're 400 yards deep. Anybody that can't tell a dogs runnin and babblin when ya still got your light on it should be playin bingo not competition coon huntin !!!

Old Post 06-03-2016 01:51 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

With so many people gaming the game so to speak and collectively hurting our sport in the process, is it any wonder numbers are still down at the hunts and coon hunting is just a small micro-snapshot of the American landscape and look at how people feel about professional career politicians D or R they are just gaming the game also and collectively dismantling our Nation. jmho

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-03-2016 02:11 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Babbling

I agree with everything you said Ron Moore

Old Post 06-03-2016 03:12 AM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger roberts
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Maybe not when they're 400 yards deep. Anybody that can't tell a dogs runnin and babblin when ya still got your light on it should be playin bingo not competition coon huntin !!!

Was not talking about a dog barking when you cut I think anyone can tell what's going on than was talking in General

GrNiteCh Roberts Annie
NiteCh Bear Fork Flash

Old Post 06-03-2016 04:03 AM
SugarCreekBlues
UKC Forum Member

What if all strike points were minus unless a coon was seen?
Leave all other rules the same. First strike every time could get you in trouble quick if you weren't putting up the meat.
Still would circle tee on dens but strikes would be minus.

Old Post 06-03-2016 04:10 AM
SugarCreekBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarCreekBlues Click here to Send SugarCreekBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email SugarCreekBlues Find more posts by SugarCreekBlues Add SugarCreekBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Aint that already the rule? Lol. Slick

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 06-03-2016 04:30 AM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger roberts
UKC Forum Member

Let's put it this way when are dogs gets first strike honestly do we say to are self I am so proud of him or her did a good job yeah right don't think so only thing we be thinking is got a 100 on the paper but first tree with a coon that's totally a different story that's good job my dog or someone else dog how many of us have heard anyone say to someone that gets first strike good job I bet never because getting first strike just means getting 100 on the paper it takes Talent to tree a coon but it don't take talent for a dog to open there mouth strike points is a joke I think 50 strike points across the board would be good

GrNiteCh Roberts Annie
NiteCh Bear Fork Flash

Old Post 06-03-2016 04:45 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow,Wow Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow.

Lord Help Our Sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!

All I have to say after reading this thread, LOL.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 06-03-2016 05:03 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue

If a dog comes into a slick tree an was never declared treed then his stride are deleted..u are right on the slick tree kenny. If all dogs treed an it slick all are minused.. an to the other guy there is as many dogs out there that fall treed just to heat themselves bark as there is babbling strike dogs. So strike minus only getting g the banblers. This time of year the dogs that tree just to tree got leaves to cover them.... I say if we start in forcing rules we got we b alot better off.. if dog leaves barking an is struck he better carry that track out of there .. Cuz if he barks an gets struck an then 20 yrds later shuts up an don't bark till he couple hundred yards. His ass should b minused for not caring that track out of there. If he ws barking 39 times on that track at 30 yrds he should still b barking all the way.. right or wrong

Old Post 06-03-2016 10:47 PM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue

If a dog comes into a slick tree an was never declared treed then his stride are deleted..u are right on the slick tree kenny. If all dogs treed an it slick all are minused.. an to the other guy there is as many dogs out there that fall treed just to heat themselves bark as there is babbling strike dogs. So strike minus only getting g the banblers. This time of year the dogs that tree just to tree got leaves to cover them.... I say if we start in forcing rules we got we b alot better off.. if dog leaves barking an is struck he better carry that track out of there .. Cuz if he barks an gets struck an then 20 yrds later shuts up an don't bark till he couple hundred yards. His ass should b minused for not caring that track out of there. If he ws barking 39 times on that track at 30 yrds he should still b barking all the way.. right or wrong

Old Post 06-03-2016 10:47 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Firm judging they say I say when you cut 3 out of 4 leave there barking and yours ain't the one doing it good luck getting them to do the right thing especially if one of them needs a strike to win jmo.

Old Post 06-03-2016 11:02 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Firm judging they say I say when you cut 3 out of 4 leave there barking and yours ain't the one doing it good luck getting them to do the right thing especially if one of them needs a strike to win jmo.
I dont see why everyone's so tore up about it. Just pitch your dog in there. What they gonna do? You got it. NOTHING!

Old Post 06-04-2016 12:15 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dawg I just can't make myself do it ! But I do like beating them with a tight mouth dog makes the wonder why all that barking ain't doing them no good.

Old Post 06-04-2016 11:34 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I like to strike my dog off their barking idiot. You wanna talk about confusing to em. It is. LOL. I mean they go to studdering and all. But but but but but but but butbutbutbut. That that that that that was mymymymymy dog. Im like naw. Mine barked once. LOL.

Old Post 06-04-2016 04:38 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

I saw that done once and it really did cause some stuttering!

I also drew a dog once that babbled bad. The guy even told us she had been accused of it but she just had a real good nose. Well, after the 2nd turnout; I warned him that I also believed the dog babbled. What I did was walk back to the blacktop parking lot we had just left and told the cast I was scratching everything that barked before they got to the edge of the woods...including mine if he opened his mouth. The woods were about 50 yards from the parking lot. I knew his would bark and was willing to take the chance that another coon hadn't walked across. LOL!

Old Post 06-05-2016 02:20 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote