UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

While hunting lastnite I passed two balloons on highway and one going back to the timber,then on my way to another woods,I saw what I think is a falling star,super brite blue light going real super fast,then all of a sudden it split into 3 parts,one going straight and one going left and the other going right,not exactly sure what it was,but im guessing a falling star,,,just never seen any split into 3 parts before

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-02-2014 06:56 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jrkb2012
While hunting lastnite I passed two balloons on highway and one going back to the timber,then on my way to another woods,I saw what I think is a falling star,super brite blue light going real super fast,then all of a sudden it split into 3 parts,one going straight and one going left and the other going right,not exactly sure what it was,but im guessing a falling star,,,just never seen any split into 3 parts before

I think they sometimes split like that when they hit the atmosphere. It probably looked like it was really close when it did that, but it was really just entering the atmosphere.

Old Post 10-02-2014 08:14 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Btt

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 10-13-2014 08:35 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 10-13-2014 08:35 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

oh come on we're getting closer to halloween, somebody had to have something spooky happen.

Old Post 10-14-2014 04:46 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pillarja
UKC Forum Member

When I was a kid my Grandpa and his buddy took me with them to Mississippi to try out a dog he was looking at. The dog got treed in the middle of this swamp, as we got to the edge of the water the guy that was showing us the dog told me to grab a stick and slap the water in front of me as I was walking. Of course I asked why? He said you need to scare the water moccasins so they won’t bite you. He shined his spot light in the water and I could see 5 snake heads sticking up swimming around. He threw a stick out there next to one and it looked to me as though it attacked it. I turned around went back to the truck by myself andrefused to hunt any more swamps the rest of the trip. Probably not scary or a strange encounter to the guys hunting the swamps but a 12 year old kid from Iowa it was sure the scariest thing I ever seen. Those old boys still tell that story every time they get together and still get the same big laugh out of it.

Old Post 10-14-2014 05:17 PM
Pillarja is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pillarja Click here to Send Pillarja a Private Message Find more posts by Pillarja Add Pillarja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pillarja
When I was a kid my Grandpa and his buddy took me with them to Mississippi to try out a dog he was looking at. The dog got treed in the middle of this swamp, as we got to the edge of the water the guy that was showing us the dog told me to grab a stick and slap the water in front of me as I was walking. Of course I asked why? He said you need to scare the water moccasins so they won’t bite you. He shined his spot light in the water and I could see 5 snake heads sticking up swimming around. He threw a stick out there next to one and it looked to me as though it attacked it. I turned around went back to the truck by myself andrefused to hunt any more swamps the rest of the trip. Probably not scary or a strange encounter to the guys hunting the swamps but a 12 year old kid from Iowa it was sure the scariest thing I ever seen. Those old boys still tell that story every time they get together and still get the same big laugh out of it.

You don't have to be 12 for that to scare you. I'm 45 and I'd have been right there in the truck with you. lol

Old Post 10-14-2014 05:35 PM
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

I was hunting two Curs behind an old church cemetery one night. They started trailing towards the cemetery and treed(I thought) When I got closer I could tell they were in a hole since one sounded a lot closer than the other. When I got to them, the male was under a grave slab with about 6 inches of his back legs sticking out. I grabbed him by the hind legs and drug him out hoping that no bones came out with him. I leashed both dogs and headed to the truck because I had enough for one night.

Old Post 10-14-2014 09:19 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

talking of Halloween, I was judging a Nt.Ch. cast "non-hunting" and it was on Halloween night, first turnout all dogs struck and treed red hot, went into them and told the boys to handle them, we shined up and it was a black cat. I said sorry boys but your all scratched, the one member of the cast was Jim Flenner, and he told me I could not scratch them cause that was a coon in a cat costume!! We all had a good laugh, and since they all were scratched I told them in stead of going to the club so soon I would take them all out for a nice pleasure hunt. It was a good group of guys and Jim was a real jokester.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 10-15-2014 12:58 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne
talking of Halloween, I was judging a Nt.Ch. cast "non-hunting" and it was on Halloween night, first turnout all dogs struck and treed red hot, went into them and told the boys to handle them, we shined up and it was a black cat. I said sorry boys but your all scratched, the one member of the cast was Jim Flenner, and he told me I could not scratch them cause that was a coon in a cat costume!! We all had a good laugh, and since they all were scratched I told them in stead of going to the club so soon I would take them all out for a nice pleasure hunt. It was a good group of guys and Jim was a real jokester.
That's funny,,sounds like a great group of hunters having a great time

Old Post 10-15-2014 01:28 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Evil-Eye
UKC Forum Member

End of Time

I was working 2nd shift and hunting until day light every morning. About 3 am I had sat down in passenger seat listening to my old dog with door open and fell asleep about a half mile off road. When the wind starting blowing so hard it slammed door on my leg I woke to the brightest lights I had ever seen and a loud voice asking if I was ok. I came out of that truck in a dead run. It was life flight. They flew off when they seen me running. When I got back out on the road the law, ambulance and life flight was taking some women who had a heart attack away.

GRNITECH'PR'EVIL-EYED IM YOUR BOOGYMAN (Whitey X Fly) 1st cross
GRSHOWCH'GRNITECH'PR' EVIL-EYED WHITEY
(Black Salt X Debbie Lynn)
GRNITECH'PR' BLACK SALT
(Evil-Eyed Bull X Cotton Eyed Edge)

Charles Lenard
618-218-1164

Old Post 10-15-2014 03:46 AM
Evil-Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Evil-Eye Click here to Send Evil-Eye a Private Message Click Here to Email Evil-Eye Find more posts by Evil-Eye Add Evil-Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-16-2014 08:20 PM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

couple nights ago up in the turtle mountains on the Canadian / North Dakota border. A male dog of mine named Oil Can Sam bayed up a huge bull moose. that thing looked like a Percheron draft horse with horns busting out of the swamp..WOW!!

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 10-16-2014 10:23 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jay brademeyer
couple nights ago up in the turtle mountains on the Canadian / North Dakota border. A male dog of mine named Oil Can Sam bayed up a huge bull moose. that thing looked like a Percheron draft horse with horns busting out of the swamp..WOW!!
I might need to double my guide fees for delivering coon hunting experiences like that. Lol.

Old Post 10-17-2014 10:52 PM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Ennen
I might need to double my guide fees for delivering coon hunting experiences like that. Lol.

Lol. thats right Rick...
man I sure had fun up there this week.. told all my buddies at work about our adventures..

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 10-17-2014 11:16 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anycolor4us
UKC Forum Member

come on

time for some new ones guys and gals

Old Post 10-19-2014 02:28 AM
anycolor4us is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anycolor4us Click here to Send anycolor4us a Private Message Click Here to Email anycolor4us Find more posts by anycolor4us Add anycolor4us to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-20-2014 12:59 PM
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Halloween

Ok this is the last time i'm gonna bump this post. It's Halloween night. Somebody has to have something eerie or funny happened out there lately to make me laugh!

Old Post 10-31-2014 03:25 PM
prostockpat
Banned

Re: Halloween

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
Ok this is the last time i'm gonna bump this post. It's Halloween night. Somebody has to have something eerie or funny happened out there lately to make me laugh!

Seen a Bluetick tree its OWN coon?

'Pr' Nitech. Stylish Clover Shark Jill
Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch
Queen of hunt TWBFA Walker Sectional.Franklin Co. Coonhunters{Oh.}2013.

Old Post 10-31-2014 03:45 PM
prostockpat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prostockpat Click here to Send prostockpat a Private Message Click Here to Email prostockpat Find more posts by prostockpat Add prostockpat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Halloween

quote:
Originally posted by prostockpat
Seen a Bluetick tree its OWN coon?

That is funny and bizzar but now if you'd said that was a
"Black Dog" I'd have to think you were making the whole thing up. lol

Old Post 10-31-2014 03:54 PM
Mike S Hoag
UKC Forum Member

Re: I was

quote:
Originally posted by chris mccowan
In a hunt one time and my dog left a tree...I swear someone whipped him off!

NOW THATS FUNNY

Old Post 11-02-2014 01:31 AM
Mike S Hoag is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike S Hoag Click here to Send Mike S Hoag a Private Message Find more posts by Mike S Hoag Add Mike S Hoag to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 11-29-2014 06:08 PM
wjoey
Banned

I saw a friend of mines dog split treed with the meat for once he is 8 yr old and I have never seen a coon with him lol, He is all fired up now gona make him a gr nt and stud him out roflmao

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-30-2014 02:53 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Me and a buddy of mine hunted a mountain side the other night and we were around .6 mile from the nearest road and we came upon a string of xmas tree lights running on a battery pack hanging in a hemlock tree...nothin scary but wtf that was weird

Old Post 11-30-2014 04:47 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Hunting alone one night and walked into a covey of quall. That'll get your heart beating.

Old Post 02-12-2015 04:02 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote