UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > These trying times, just do what's right
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

These trying times, just do what's right

Just saw a dude pull up to a homeless woman and hand her a bag of food. Times like these really bring out the best in people. It gave me no pleasure to call the cops on both of them for not social distancing enough.

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-08-2020 12:42 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Not all heroes wear capes, good work mike.

Old Post 04-08-2020 01:14 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
Not all heroes wear capes, good work mike.

LOL

Old Post 04-08-2020 01:19 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

Re: These trying times, just do what's right

quote:
Originally posted by mike shannon
[B It gave me no pleasure to call the cops on both of them for not social distancing enough. [/B]

So you called the cops on Them?

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Old Post 04-08-2020 05:22 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: These trying times, just do what's right

quote:
Originally posted by mike shannon
Just saw a dude pull up to a homeless woman and hand her a bag of food. Times like these really bring out the best in people. It gave me no pleasure to call the cops on both of them for not social distancing enough.

They gave you no choice, tuff love is sometimes hard

Old Post 04-08-2020 06:34 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: These trying times, just do what's right

quote:
Originally posted by BrokeBackKennel
So you called the cops on Them?

Sorry I dont play, I quit school over a thing they called recess.

Old Post 04-08-2020 08:02 PM
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Yeah got a lady next door talking about how nice her kids were had their names on her van after a week home with them she burnt the van

Old Post 04-08-2020 09:05 PM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I wish I could help all disabled veterans, especially those that are homeless...and the mentally ill that are homeless...

Homelessness is a symptom and not the cause...my hopes are that one day we as a society will invest in eliminating or at least minimizing people in these conditions...

I gave a little today in the drugstore parking lot...one guy was fixing to turn 70 yrs old...riding his hand driven wheelchair... I pulled over and we spoke a while...I asked him if he didn’t mind how did he lose his leg...he said got his leg cut off 200 miles off shore on a boat and rope accident back in the 1970...said yep I got a settlement and my wife left me...he said you know that song...I got the shaft and she got the goldmine...that was me he said...said a few other things but he spoke from the heart...on my way in he said God Bless you and all your family...that to me was worth more than I could give...

Also helped another guy that was sitting in the shade by his old bike on my way out of the parking lot...we didn’t talk much but I hope I could help him in some way...

I do this now and then...

Old Post 04-08-2020 09:08 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I gave my husband 2 beers today when his friend came to visit. They're standing in the driveway practicing social distancing.

Old Post 04-09-2020 07:49 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote