UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Big country pups
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Big country pups

I've never been to the woods with country. I have been in the woods with two of his littermates. Not trying to step on toes here but want the truth. So if you have no hands on experience with them or know nothing about him and his pups please feel free to read but I don't want to hear " back up your female to him because in the hunts his winning" stuff. Hands on experience with pups out of him is what I'm looking to hear from. Yes he must be a awesome hound but what is he putting in his pups? I have a few nice females, but without knowing more about his pups I'm not going there. His been bred to most breeds so plenty of people should by now have hands on experience. Looking for what mouth, track ability, and looks they've got. Let's see some pics, see some videos and dig in.

Joshua Ratliff MO 660-351-0293 feel free to call or text if I'm not working I'll answer or get back with ya. Thanks

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 04-04-2020 at 01:38 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-04-2020 01:32 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

pups

Check out the Country club hound out of Big Country. I raised this litter. All the pups in this litter that where placed in the right hands turned out to be nice hounds. Some better than others, But all have do problem parking themselves under real live coons, not empty trees! Country club made GR. Nite. Ch. winning or placing in several big Hunts. AS well as 3rd place in sophomore division of PKC SS. I have raised coonhounds for almost 50 years and I am not blind to any breed or and line of dogs out of any breed. There will be good pups, and there will be bad pups, Just like there are in any male hound. Its always a flip of a coin on how a cross turns out. If I still owed the female that I crossed on Big Country, I would make the cross again in a heart beat!!. NUFF SAID.

Old Post 04-04-2020 01:56 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

Josh

U have ligitimate questions and comments given the posts and high priced pups being advertised. I will be interested in replies ....

Patrick Barrett

Old Post 04-04-2020 02:17 PM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rrekab
UKC Forum Member

Big County Pups

I have 2 at my place now--19 months & 12 months, previously had one here who is now 2 1/2 and have hunted with 3 other dogs out of Big Country. Three of these pups I started. All are independent, stay put tree dogs who are very independent. The female I have right now has a beautiful mouth and locate.
The 3 I have and/or started were all out of different females. One started early the other two I would say started at a normal age.... 10-12 months old. Counting den trees as having a coon, the one pup was 82% accurate at 13-14 months old, the female 75% accurate at 10-12 months old. The young male I have is not far enough along yet to begin making this determination. As long as I'm hunting Bluetick's, I won't own anything out of a different male dog. Been hunting since early 1970's, mostly bluetick. Good luck with your search for information. You will get biased information, I'm sure, but what I'm sharing is the TRUTH, but maybe I've just been lucky.

Old Post 04-04-2020 02:38 PM
rrekab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rrekab Click here to Send rrekab a Private Message Click Here to Email rrekab Find more posts by rrekab Add rrekab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Joshua Dave is right some pups turn out some don't ( a fella would be a darn fool to expect anything less) but I will say that my Molly female was one of the most natural pups that i ever raised and her mom was the same. Molly will tree 3 or 4 coon most nights and go several nights without treeing a blank,yes there is things I would change but its hard not to like a year old pup that trees coon like that!!As a 13 month pup molly had treed over 60 coon by her self with no other dog in the woods at the time catch every opossum in three county I mean to say she stays busy( She didn't tree many just would catch them on the ground. What a lot of folks don't take into consideration is that B.C. is a product of a lot of good hound before him Davis's White River Salin Saddie was a tremendous hound that could of won big if someone else was handling her, I never hunted with Bosephus But co-owned his Sister Kaskaskia River blue Dizzie with a friend of mine Doug Leigh. Dizzie was HARD going big mouth super accurate and by her self. I hunted with B.C. mom OXY and she sure got it done the night I seen her go. I think B.C. was born to reproduce just like his parents J.M.O.

Old Post 04-04-2020 02:56 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

You guys that are hunting pups out of Country, do they open good on track or are they tight on track... Also, are they big hunters?? Sorry, not trying to high jack your post...

Old Post 04-04-2020 04:11 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Not high jacking at all

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan K Webb
You guys that are hunting pups out of Country, do they open good on track or are they tight on track... Also, are they big hunters?? Sorry, not trying to high jack your post...

That's the kind of stuff I want to know. Everything from in the pen to pulling em off the tree and back to the truck. Everything...

Old Post 04-04-2020 04:15 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

I have a 2 year old female, hard going, naturally very, very independent, (not man made) as accurate as I’ve hunted with, good locate & will hold a lot of pressure.She also has showed me in the last month how well she can tree layups. She has been naturally straight. Don’t have the loudest mouth I’ve ever heard, but it carries very good, don’t matter when she’s alone with a coon as much as she is. She is the most loving hound I’ve owned, good manners in the kennel not a barking, pen pacing, running through her crap idiot! Never had to put a bark collar on her or even walk out to the kennel to shut her up. You here the saying aim to please, well that’s my female! In my opinion he is reproducing some nice hounds, he will definitely contribute to the breed. Don’t forget a good quality female will only help.

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Last edited by Heikki on 04-04-2020 at 04:30 PM

Old Post 04-04-2020 04:23 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Mine opens good on track, less on colder tracks more on hotter but not tight by no means. Your welcome to load up & come hunt with mine when all this stuff is over, bring a good one with you if you want.

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 04-04-2020 05:48 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

CH Rolin Blue Lil Bit Country

Sent you a pic of Madi/Lil at AO. Pic is of her winning Wisc. State Youth show last summer, 1st time she was ever put on bench. I have no idea how to post pic on here. Turned 2 this Feb. & will be hitting the hunts this summer. Opens good on ground, but not excessive, with good bawl/squall, good locate & nice chop on tree & will take pressure. Has all the hunt needed to go get treed in our area on most every turn loose.

I also hunted with 2 littermates in Mich. last May that Larry raised from his female that put on a 'split treeing' exhibition all night long at 1 1/2 yr old. Looked at 14 trees & saw coon in 11 of them & only had all 3 dogs on same tree once. Male was bawl track & tree. Female was chop on track/tree with an excellent locate & both were loud.

None of these 3 have any trouble getting a track moving & putting a tree on end of it, with or without company. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 04-04-2020 07:19 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

A majority of them are not very old.

Old Post 04-05-2020 01:28 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
terry tappy
New UKC Forum Member

Only as good as u make them, this goes to all breeds. A natural coon tree'er actually isn't that good if not given the opportunity, best of luck

Old Post 04-05-2020 04:02 PM
terry tappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for terry tappy Click here to Send terry tappy a Private Message Click Here to Email terry tappy Find more posts by terry tappy Add terry tappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Around here

I tell everyone you can't make a coondog sitting in a pen. But that being said you don't see midgets playing in the NBA. Plan an simple.yes alot of great pups never make it because someone is to lazy or inadequate in training. But some pups are so stupid they can't find the feed bowl. That's why research prior to breeding is important.

Old Post 04-06-2020 12:28 AM
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dog

How much is his semen per breeding thanks

Old Post 04-06-2020 01:38 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Pups

quote:
Originally posted by wart

Good question, plus they live breeding him? How many pups he got in the ground and how many titled? What's been the best cross so for? But more importantly how are they from pen to hunt back to pen?

Old Post 04-06-2020 02:03 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog

quote:
Originally posted by wart

$800 I believe

Old Post 04-06-2020 02:45 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pups

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Good question, plus they live breeding him? How many pups he got in the ground and how many titled? What's been the best cross so for? But more importantly how are they from pen to hunt back to pen?

Don't think many are over 2 yrs old yet?

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 04-06-2020 05:29 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

mine is 23 months she likes to be loved on, smart, you can drop the lead on the way back to the truck,pull her off the tree 10 yards and she is done with that tree . She does tree of the tree a bit and will jump some, will run a track with good mouth but can just fall treed and she does split tree a lot but only had her in a hand full of cast so she does need a bit of work there. A friend of mine just bread a gyp to him and they said was super nice and easy to work with and yes $800 for live breeding.

Old Post 04-07-2020 11:20 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote