UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Older folks and new gadgets.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Older folks and new gadgets.

We want to use them but when you see the big price tag you are reluctant. Just the way we came up. I got a sunspot inferno, I got an alpha with a t5 and a t15 but it was like pulling hens teeth to get me to turn loose of that much money.

I remember $6 entry fees lol.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2020 11:34 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

It is so hard for me to spend money on toys. I always feel guilty and ashamed of wasting such a chunk of money. If I can get a really good deal, I'm ok.

Old Post 04-02-2020 11:58 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I feel the same way but I'm not hunting without My good light and my Garmin.

Old Post 04-03-2020 12:13 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Me too, I won't hunt without my so called good light. My garmin is a must have.

Old Post 04-03-2020 01:13 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

Too many people mistake toys for tools. If it helps you get it done faster/safer/better it's a tool. No guilt. You're welcome.

Old Post 04-03-2020 01:29 AM
arachyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arachyd Click here to Send arachyd a Private Message Find more posts by arachyd Add arachyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I just went and drilled me a hole in a stick and stuck a Timothy ball reed in it. The thing sounds awesome made the neighbors cats get in a fight I am taking it with me hunting tonight.

Tar

Old Post 04-03-2020 01:32 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
I feel the same way but I'm not hunting without My good light and my Garmin.
My good light is a Raw Dog belt light I had re built works good if I didn't have a garmin I'd be out of business .....one ear don't work these days!

Old Post 04-03-2020 01:39 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dholland
UKC Forum Member

Can't get used to people looking at a screen instead of turning the lights out and listening for their hound. Can't get used to it at all....

Old Post 04-03-2020 02:04 AM
dholland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dholland Click here to Send dholland a Private Message Click Here to Email dholland Find more posts by dholland Add dholland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dholland
Can't get used to people looking at a screen instead of turning the lights out and listening for their hound. Can't get used to it at all....
I couldn't either ...until I could hear my dog but I'd walk the wrong way, I got used to it pretty quick I wasn't wanting to stop hunting so I did what most of us have to do if we live long enough and able to hunt long enough I adapted.......

Old Post 04-03-2020 02:14 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Had a perfect hunt last night had a good race walked pasture all the way to the tree. Seen the coon it went to raining so we had a good excuse to quit before it went to dookie lol.

Tar

Old Post 04-03-2020 01:23 PM
critter
UKC Forum Member

new gadget

I BADLY need a new gadget.One to break me of going for (one more quick one)Need it BADLY!

Old Post 04-03-2020 05:26 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

We like the new fangled gadgets, just wish they weren't so complicated.

Old Post 04-04-2020 01:14 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Coffee filter makes a pretty good social distancing mask 😷

Tar

Old Post 04-04-2020 01:38 AM
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

Re: Older folks and new gadgets.

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
We want to use them but when you see the big price tag you are reluctant. Just the way we came up. I got a sunspot inferno, I got an alpha with a t5 and a t15 but it was like pulling hens teeth to get me to turn loose of that much money.

I remember $6 entry fees lol.

Tar

I hear you have a super fast computer with a 50 inch monitor and voice recognition typing nothing to good for rich folk

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Old Post 04-04-2020 02:18 AM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Coffee filter makes a pretty good social distancing mask 😷

Tar

Could use it wipe your butt too in an emergency

I wouldn't put it back on but thats just me👀

Old Post 04-04-2020 02:52 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Older folks and new gadgets.

quote:
Originally posted by BrokeBackKennel
I hear you have a super fast computer with a 50 inch monitor and voice recognition typing nothing to good for rich folk

And I type with my thumb. But I look like Liberace playing the piano typing.

Tar

Old Post 04-04-2020 02:28 PM
Richard Edinger
UKC Forum Member

I don't limit my listening pleasure to a radio, I can watch and listen to the television at the same time. The garmin tells what is going on during the silent times also.

Old Post 04-04-2020 04:38 PM
Richard Edinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Edinger Click here to Send Richard Edinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Edinger Find more posts by Richard Edinger Add Richard Edinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Could use it wipe your butt too in an emergency

I wouldn't put it back on but thats just me👀

Note to self: Never accept coffee from Donnie Stevens.

Old Post 04-05-2020 05:13 AM
arachyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arachyd Click here to Send arachyd a Private Message Find more posts by arachyd Add arachyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by arachyd
Note to self: Never accept coffee from Donnie Stevens.

If he hands to you with the handle turned to the right. Turn it to the left before you drink it lol.

Tar

Old Post 04-05-2020 01:00 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

But I'm left handed ....😞

Old Post 04-05-2020 03:16 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

I seem to collect lights and Alphas I have 4 Alphas 2 placed with partners along with collars . But it is the lights . I have @ Unspot , 2 zooms , a next level , and my new fave is a Boss Patriot with the shining spots are the old yellow style . I have diabetes vision issues but thankfully Extra Man is putting them up there and I’m finding those Rockys . Thanks Bruce !

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 04-12-2020 03:48 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

I seem to collect lights and Alphas I have 4 Alphas 2 placed with partners along with collars . But it is the lights . I have @ Unspot , 2 zooms , a next level , and my new fave is a Boss Patriot with the shining spots are the old yellow style . I have diabetes vision issues but thankfully Extra Man is putting them up there and I’m finding those Rockys . Thanks Bruce !

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 04-12-2020 03:49 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote