UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > A thank you
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

A thank you

First of all let me say that I have been coon hunting for 64 years with about a 20 year span when other responsibilities put coon hunting on hold. In that time I have probably been in about 15 competition hunts so you can say I am a pleasure hunter. I just really enjoy hounds treeing coon. But I want to thank all the guys and the kc's that have promoted and participated in competition hunting. I truly believe that the reason I have a chance to start pups that just want to be coon dogs is a direct result of competition hunting. When hides went to nothing I'm not sure coon hunting would have survived on a "large" scale without the competitions. I am blessed to live relatively close to some guys that have done well in the hunts and have been able to purchase pups that have been a pleasure to start. I have been able to have a couple of Mafia pups that were very nice, a Shack pup that was really nice and now have a Hillbilly knot pup 7 months old that is looking really good. Yes our modern hounds have some issues that we have to work thru but 40 years ago I couldn't find pups like these. So thank all of you that are involved with competition hunting. You have helped me enjoy this sport.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-15-2021 04:05 PM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Your a class act Preacher Tom! The hound dog world needs more like you! Wish there was a shortcut between NH & ARK. I’d love to come for a walk behind your hounds and I’d be willing to bet we could share some deeper thoughts then just the hounds while wandering in the woods.

Old Post 09-15-2021 04:50 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Preacher Tom is a class act!

quote:
Originally posted by DL NH
"My apologies if my comments detracted from the point of this post. It was not intended to do so.

I run hare in VT a lot and coon hunt with my best friend and his coon hounds in VT. I was raised in the State and own property within 5 miles of the Canadian border where I run my hare hounds and still coon hunt some with my best friend of 40 years.

So I’ve got skin in the game too! I’m not foolish enough to think it’ll only be bear and coon hunting that will suffer from these anti’s.

The problem is going to be $$$, time and skilled representation in state legislature. Northern New England is being over run by liberal minded wealthy people who want the real estate an don’t give a dxxn about tradition.

Most off the few of us born and raised here don’t fit into any of those categories."

We know from a previous video that the bear hunting organization is aware as one of their guys dogs got on this very land too. And I myself have contacted the Sportsman Alliance in regards to this particular YouTuber as they work nation wide.
I would encourage all of you to join local and state associations whether you competition hunt or not along with the Sportsman Alliance. When you see things such as this let the powers that be know so they aren't caught unaware. Most these organizations are not just running events for the competition hunter, they are working behind the scenes reading legislation, lobbying if needed and in contact with lawmakers. This may be in Vermont this time but there are Morgan's in every state.
All those who hunt any game have to learn to stick together. A point that this particular person with a YouTube channel doesn't understand. He wants to succeed at outlawing hunting with hounds when all forms of hunting are under attack. Today it's one tomorrow it's another and but the antis are after it all!
Another thing when competition hunting and you encounter landowners most do not know what a hunt is. They are under the untrue assumption you are taking game. You would be better off calling it a field trial because technically speaking that is what it is. You have a participant guide or volunteer guide in these events and you dogs have inadvertently roamed from adjacent property to theirs. Be apologetic, ask for forgiveness and permission to retrieve your dog safety, straight in and straight out. Be calm and rational even when they are not. Call the authorities yourself if needed.
Last but not least watch what sorts of videos you post. If you have ones that may be questionable delete them. The few among us give all a bad rap and these are used as fuel to a fire by those who wish to end our freedoms to hunt with dogs.
Be good sportsmen and stewards of the land

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-15-2021 07:34 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

Just joined Sportsman Alliance. Encourage everyone to join. I have too long been just a solitary hunter. We can get our message out when we join together.

Old Post 09-15-2021 08:20 PM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote