UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The 2 Viper cap light
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Josh Henry
UKC Forum Member

Viper xl

Think I could get one ordered on Sunday. Need it by Friday for zone.. Any help call me.

NITECH 'PR' River Has Rizen
GRNITECH 'PR' Nowhere Hardware

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2021 06:35 AM
Josh Henry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Henry Click here to Send Josh Henry a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Henry Find more posts by Josh Henry Add Josh Henry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Josh if you are talking to me window would be tight..Got lights on the way but probably Tuesday delivery..Dont want to promise something I can't deliver.

Old Post 09-12-2021 06:23 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I’ve had a couple lights made by Michael (sunspot) and like them. I have a rage and like it a lot. Micheal did a little custom work to make it fit my needs and I’m a big fan of that. I would really suggest that if the walk light isn’t to your liking to contact him and see if it’s something he could fix. The walk light on mine is very good and no shadows or dark spots. Let us know if you get it worked out.

Old Post 09-12-2021 11:15 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I’ve had a couple lights made by Michael (sunspot) and like them. I have a rage and like it a lot. Micheal did a little custom work to make it fit my needs and I’m a big fan of that. I would really suggest that if the walk light isn’t to your liking to contact him and see if it’s something he could fix. The walk light on mine is very good and no shadows or dark spots. Let us know if you get it worked out.
He sure will Mr.Sonny..He dedomed the walk lights on these by hand and it was a few out of the first 300 or so lights that had a shadow on the perimeter but that problem was addressed by him or I pretty quick with either a new color or module..He and I both stand behind the lights as good as anyone past or present in the business and we both appreciate the business!

Old Post 09-13-2021 12:34 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Viper

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps

Michael & I have been Texting and I think we have it worked out.
He explained about him Dedoming the Walklight and what that does to it. He has since fixed this problem.
I did own the Extreme Rage & the Walklight was Outstanding on it.
Thanks
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 09-13-2021 01:02 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

Sunspot , life time warranty.. awesome walk light, balanced on your head, unmatched brightness and the switch is on the head not back on the battery...

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 09-13-2021 06:52 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I have owned most every light made by Sunspot and I am like Triple K in that the walk light on this new VIPER is NOT as good as the walk light on my model from two upgrades ago.

That old light made by sunspot Truly does have the brightest walk light. Much better for me than this new VIPER light.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 09-13-2021 08:19 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
I have owned most every light made by Sunspot and I am like Triple K in that the walk light on this new VIPER is NOT as good as the walk light on my model from two upgrades ago.

That old light made by sunspot Truly does have the brightest walk light. Much better for me than this new VIPER light.

We can easily change that color to the white led if that is your preference..We knew their was going to be some customers that preferred the white over the natural color.Thanks!

Old Post 09-14-2021 12:16 AM
Skankhunt42
UKC Forum Member

Lyes likek ussual I watched these new light's walk lite not brite. Lyes Lyes for sale new lites

Old Post 09-14-2021 12:21 AM
Skankhunt42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skankhunt42 Click here to Send Skankhunt42 a Private Message Find more posts by Skankhunt42 Add Skankhunt42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skankhunt42
UKC Forum Member

Lyes likek ussual I watched these new light's walk lite not brite. Lyes Lyes for sale new lites

Old Post 09-14-2021 12:21 AM
Skankhunt42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skankhunt42 Click here to Send Skankhunt42 a Private Message Find more posts by Skankhunt42 Add Skankhunt42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

I just purchased the new sunspot viper and used it last night for the first time. I love the switch on the head and it feels better on my head than some competitors. The walk light is very good but the natural light makes you think it's not as bright if you're used to the bright white style of walk light. I had a micro fusion and it has an outstanding walk light but I didn't care for some other things about it. This is my first sunspot light but I think I'm really going to like it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of today's lights.

NT CH CROOKED RIVER TWO TONE ZEB
NT CH OLIPHANTS DBL BARREL SHOTGUN
GR NT CH CROOKED RIVER RED TURKEY HTX
NT Ch CROOKED RIVER RED SASSY HTX
CROOKED RIVER REDTICK ROWDY

Old Post 10-08-2021 09:48 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I have a Sunspot Extreme Rage and everything about is outstanding.

Old Post 10-08-2021 10:13 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I have a Sunspot Extreme Rage and everything about is outstanding.
The extreme rage is a very nice light and Mike will continue to build a few that desire to have two colors..The new Sunspot Viper has better burn time than the rage and a walk light That is as good as anything on the market.

Old Post 10-11-2021 01:42 AM
jruff002
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bluetickman94
Bright eyes micro fusion is probably the best out there

definitely not, got one new in February, already had red LED go out and sending back

Old Post 11-09-2021 05:19 PM
jruff002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jruff002 Click here to Send jruff002 a Private Message Find more posts by jruff002 Add jruff002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BAS
UKC Forum Member

Sunspot

I would put the Sunspot Viper against any light on the market.

Old Post 11-09-2021 06:16 PM
BAS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAS Click here to Send BAS a Private Message Click Here to Email BAS Find more posts by BAS Add BAS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Viper.....

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
We can easily change that color to the white led if that is your preference..We knew their was going to be some customers that preferred the white over the natural color.Thanks!

John
The problem with mine wasn't so much the Color Tint of the Walklight and I do prefer the White over Natural to Walk with......it was the dark, broken Ring around Perimeter of the Walklight.
I think there was something wrong with mine and Mike offered to fix it......But a local Buddy wanted to Buy it the way it was so I Sold it to him.
Does anyone have a Good picture or Video showing their Walklight on their Viper ?
I would like to see if theirs looks anything like the one I had.
Thanks
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-11-2021 12:27 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Viper.....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
John
The problem with mine wasn't so much the Color Tint of the Walklight and I do prefer the White over Natural to Walk with......it was the dark, broken Ring around Perimeter of the Walklight.
I think there was something wrong with mine and Mike offered to fix it......But a local Buddy wanted to Buy it the way it was so I Sold it to him.
Does anyone have a Good picture or Video showing their Walklight on their Viper ?
I would like to see if theirs looks anything like the one I had.
Thanks
Tim

Old Post 11-12-2021 01:30 AM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

walk light on ground,walk light across field,walk light on old hay barn and main beam from same location..Hope that helps

Old Post 11-12-2021 01:32 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Pictures....

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
walk light on ground,walk light across field,walk light on old hay barn and main beam from same location..Hope that helps

Absolutely Helps Alot....!!!
The Walklight looks Great and Nothing like the one I had. ...!!
Thanks for the pictures.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-12-2021 12:03 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Anyone know how the weight compares between the Bright Eyes Viper and Sunspots Viper? I hunted with a guy the other night who had the Bright Eyes Viper and was really surprised at how lightweight it was. It was as light as my Sunfire Mini.

Old Post 11-16-2021 04:39 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Weight

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Anyone know how the weight compares between the Bright Eyes Viper and Sunspots Viper? I hunted with a guy the other night who had the Bright Eyes Viper and was really surprised at how lightweight it was. It was as light as my Sunfire Mini.

Was it on a Bump Cap or a Soft Cap ?
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 11-16-2021 11:28 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Weight

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
Was it on a Bump Cap or a Soft Cap ?
Tim
[/QUOTE

Bump Cap

Old Post 11-16-2021 03:46 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote