UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > White Oak Mountain Kennel
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

WELL THE NIGHTS HAVE BEEN ROUGH AN BRUTAL HERE LATELY . WE GOT OUR FIRST SNOW HERE TODAY IN THES NORTH GEORGIA MOUNTAINS AND I WILL BE GLAD WHEN IT IS GONE. I KNOW BLITZ AN SNOOTER DO NOT CARE TO MUCH FOR IT. HOPEFULLY THIS WANT LAST TO LONG AND BETTER WEATHER WILL GET BACK IN HERE FOR THES 2 AN ME. NUFF SAID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-29-2014 12:09 AM
Rachel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rachel Click here to Send Rachel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rachel Find more posts by Rachel Add Rachel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 02-02-2014 04:26 PM
Rachel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rachel Click here to Send Rachel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rachel Find more posts by Rachel Add Rachel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

UPDATE

Between work an the BAD weather here, tonight I decided to take Blitz an Two Face Bell for awhile and see if I could get after a sick one. First drop Blitz struck followed by Bell and they drove the track RED HOT. Both dogs Loaded Up at the same time , it seemed that they both were seconds apart to fall TREED AND HAD THE MEAT. 2ND drop Blitz struck a bad track and work around with it for awhile and Bell came in and help out with it . Blitz load up followed by Bell but no coon was seen. 3rd drop both dogs got DEEP up inside the mountain , moved around to see if I could hear anything . I got up on a high point and listen back down toward the valley and Blitz an Bell were Driving a track like they had it tied to there FACE . The way they were running it had to be a boar that had been rutting because he did not want to climb anytime soon . They headed straight to a swamp bottom that laid at the bottom of the mountain and I drove around and found both treed in the swamp in a den, now he knew where he was going . Called it a night an came home , here are some highlights from tonight hope you all enjoy. Nuff Said!

Old Post 02-08-2014 07:58 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Lookin good Micheal. Get ole Blitz in some hunts soon. His brother finished to NtCh last night. Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 02-08-2014 01:11 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

THANKS

Darren , I have a hunt down in Summerville next week and if things go right we will be there. Got to get my partner to send a card so that I will have it on hand (HINT !) BLITZ has been doing some great work and I really like what I have seen so far.

Old Post 02-08-2014 03:37 PM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

HIGHLIGHTS

Loaded up Snooter an went over to a buddy of mine that I have not seen in awhile and hunted his farm tonight. Started off like it was going to be a bad night, 1st drop she did not say anything, so I gather her up an moved down to where he had a corn patch back in the early fall . 2nd drop she struck a bad feeding track an work it for along time and I was having doubts that she would even tree this or not. Snooter finally loaded up and treed with the coon .This coon was in a tree leaning over a creek and he was at the very tip top of this tree an the creek was flowing so hard and the water was deep at this spot that if I shot him out I would not been able to get the coon ,so I left him for another night. Now things get a little excited for me,walking back to the truck I seen a coon coming down the creek toward me and I cut Snooter loose and the race was on just when I thought things were going our way the coon cross the creek an headed to my buddy neighbors farm and she loaded up an treed right outside his house an this man was no happy camper but every thing turn out okay.Got me some pictures before he introduce himself to me , HA!

Called it a night after all this,Nuff Said!

Old Post 02-09-2014 08:18 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Got to love those midnight encounters. Good job

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 02-09-2014 03:26 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

I just thought I wanted to move up North but with 6inches of this and 2 1/2 days being coop up in the house , I think I will just go an visit ! But it has been a long time since we have had this much but the weather is going to change by today an the weekend they say it will be in the 60.

Old Post 02-13-2014 03:34 PM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 02-23-2014 02:38 AM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

HIGHLIGHTS

Me an my son Braxton loaded up tonight an went for awhile. We went down to a farm that we filled a feeder up about 2 weeks ago to if we could get any action going with Blitz. First drop he covered all over the feeder and never open his mouth. So we recut him in a big bottom and Blitz did it like takeing candy from a baby! Got on the phone an gave my other partner the load down an to let him listen to the race that was ringing the bottoms out ! Then ol Blitz loaded up an gave us the Big Ten Four that this race has come to a END WITH THE MEAT.Called it a night and came on home .

ENUFF SAID!

Old Post 02-26-2014 04:45 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

BLITZ

Glad to see ole Blitz getting it done alone. He has that big mouth we all like and sure ain't hard to look at either. Keep that partner of yours straight!! I know that is alot to ask!!
Hope all is well with you and your family. There is nothing like taking your son out with you and the dogs. I am blessed that Drake loves to coon hunt. My oldest son went with us Monday night. He hasn't been in probably 7 or 8 yrs. We had a good hunt and he enjoyed it. Not as much as I did with both my boys and a couple of bluetick hounds!! Life is good!! Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 02-26-2014 01:10 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Darren, We are just about ready for the spring hunts and the way Braxton talk last night he thinks he may help me out with Blitz in the hunts this year. But being 18, they sure do ALOT of changing there mind but we will see. He really likes him and is pretty good about calling him, so maybe he will stay at it .Now you need to come up one weekend and bring Drake an Cotton an take hunt with me , here in thes mountains.

Old Post 02-27-2014 01:42 AM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

HIGHLIGHTS

Went a little while last night and seems that this cold front but things on a slow go here for me , but you cant have every night a bed of roses. First drop Snooter struck and work a track about 450 yards an loaded up an treed but it was slick. So we made a visit with the wood shed and she got gone and struck in at 525 yards north of me and work a good feed track and treed in a den but she did a good job , I guess the wood shed got her attention a little. Called it a night Nuff Said!

Well its the last night of season here tonight so we will see what Blitz can get done tonight.

Old Post 02-28-2014 11:52 PM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

HIGH LIGHTS OF THE FINAL NIGHT OF SEASON

Took Blitz tonight where you had to earn your coons and the 1st drop he came up short ( slick) time for the wood shed! 2nd drop he struck in at 500 yards south of me an drove a track across a ridge an back into a swamp an treed on the north end of it in a den.3rd drop I sent him right up the middle of the swamp an he struck on the south east side of it.He swam the swamp like a beaver and took it out of the swamp and went across a ridge an down another ridge and back to the swamp an broke east real hard and back to a ridge where he loaded up an fell treed with a double.Gave my partner a call and let him listen to him tree so that he could dream a little. Blitz nice, he just like every other hound he does not walk on water but I like him and he is ACCURATE! Nuff Said!

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:30 AM
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

Nice lookn hound,ways he out of?

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:35 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, he out of Logan. Blitz is a litter mate to Darren Hollis , Cotton female.

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:42 AM
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

Ok,now I no where he got his looks from,Logan is a nice lookn hound.keepem treed.

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:56 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Blitz

Got him lookin good Michael. Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:45 PM
white oak mt.
UKC Forum Member

DOG,S

''

404-304-3508

'PR' WHITE OAK MT.DIANA
'PR' WHITE OAK MT.BLITZ W/CO/OWNED./SON
'PR'WHITE OAK MT. BELL/W/CO,OWNED/SON
'PR'WHITE OAK MT.BELL II /SON
'PR'WHITE OAK MT.SNOOTER/SON

REST IN PEACE
'PR'CH. GR NITE.CH PENNY
'PR' NITE CH ROCK
'PR'NITE CH STORMY
'PR'WHITE OAK MT.JOSIE

Old Post 03-12-2014 01:51 PM
white oak mt. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for white oak mt. Click here to Send white oak mt. a Private Message Click Here to Email white oak mt. Find more posts by white oak mt. Add white oak mt. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

Hope to see ya'll at the Roberta BBCHA sectional Saturday Michael!

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 03-12-2014 03:32 PM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
white oak mt.
UKC Forum Member

dog,s

'' ''

404-304-3508

'PR' WHITE OAK MT.DIANA
'PR' WHITE OAK MT.BLITZ W/CO/OWNED./SON
'PR'WHITE OAK MT. BELL/W/CO,OWNED/SON
'PR'WHITE OAK MT.BELL II /SON
'PR'WHITE OAK MT.SNOOTER/SON

REST IN PEACE
'PR'CH. GR NITE.CH PENNY
'PR' NITE CH ROCK
'PR'NITE CH STORMY
'PR'WHITE OAK MT.JOSIE

Old Post 03-19-2014 02:50 PM
white oak mt. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for white oak mt. Click here to Send white oak mt. a Private Message Click Here to Email white oak mt. Find more posts by white oak mt. Add white oak mt. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Micheal are y'all wearin them out down there?

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 03-19-2014 02:54 PM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

Sorry, Darren its took so long to respond but I have been real busy here lately.Between work an court it has SLOWED me down in alot of ways but things are looking up. My wife an I have 2 children of our on and the oldest is 21 (girl) an the other is 18 and he has made us both proud of him , he will graduate this year from High School and has put some grey hair on my head but boys will be boys. But 3 years ago my wife brought a baby boy home at 3 month old an year latter she brought his sister home at 2 months old , so make along story short . We went back to court 3-18-2014 an the judge let us ADOPT both of them.Now they can have a mom an a dad for life.So my wife told me to get back to what I like best and get out of the house an get in the woods. If nothing else doesn't slow me down I will have in the woods by this week! But it should not take long to knock the rust off of them.Enuff about me, Sounds like Cotton an the rest of your hounds are keeping you fired up ! Take care and if the creek don't rise an the LORD will give me another day maybe I will have some stories about Blitz an Snooter this week.

Old Post 03-24-2014 03:49 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

MICHEAL

Congrats on getting the adoption done. My hats off to you and your wife for putting your time and effort into these kids.

Hopefully you can get those ole Blue dogs back in the woods. Cotton continues to mature and impresses me each time out here lately. She is finishing every track she strikes and most of the time has the meat or a den. She will miss once in a while like all of them do, but will have him a high percentage. I have put her in areas where she has struggled and she has stepped up to the plate. Ole Blitz had the drive and always wanted to please his owner. Hopefully he will continue to please you. Good luck

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 03-24-2014 02:29 PM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Darren, Both hounds have been alot of fun so far and I don't mind feeding either one.If all goes well and things continue to go good we will be hitting the hunts very soon!

Old Post 03-25-2014 01:50 AM