UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Director
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr Depue, are you saying that it is the guide's fault if a dog goes .75 to a mile to tree a coon? If a dog goes .75 at my house, it is out of hearing. Is it the guide's fault if the dogs get struck on every drop but they have a dead cast? Does every guide have to have a woods where dogs can tree 4 coons now? Most of my woods only have 1 coon. And I am the best guide at my club.

If you hadent shot the other one out you would have had two lol.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-18-2019 11:31 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, I have to go out of town to shoot one out.

Old Post 11-19-2019 01:36 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Mr Depue, are you saying that it is the guide's fault if a dog goes .75 to a mile to tree a coon? If a dog goes .75 at my house, it is out of hearing. Is it the guide's fault if the dogs get struck on every drop but they have a dead cast? Does every guide have to have a woods where dogs can tree 4 coons now? Most of my woods only have 1 coon. And I am the best guide at my club.

Yes to some extent. You may be correct and have the best hunting at your club but I don't think you should try to say its the other guys fault or his dogs fault for wanting to tree a coon. Maybe I don't completely understand your hunting ground down there. But here your dog better have a really good mouth to hear it at .75 or a mile. But if you're saying you only have 1 coon per spot and your sections are 3 miles by 3 miles then you need better ground. I doubt very much there's only 1 coon per 3 square miles anywhere in the country east of the Rockies.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 11-19-2019 02:31 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

Funny, it depends on how good the dog is in determing how many coons one has. The better the dog it seems the more coons are there, crazy how that works! Wink, wink! In these mountains, some folks swear coons are scarce, while others tree coons every night, some even call it luck, I call it dog power. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-19-2019 03:03 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Eric DePue

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Funny, it depends on how good the dog is in determing how many coons one has. The better the dog it seems the more coons are there, crazy how that works! Wink, wink! In these mountains, some folks swear coons are scarce, while others tree coons every night, some even call it luck, I call it dog power. Lol. Dave

Oh I agree on the dog power. But 1 thing is for sure, no matter how much dog power you have there will be nights that it seems coons are unicorns. Because they just don't move on some nights. But if your ground just doesn't have coons and a dog goes to find 1 then how can you blame the dog?

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 11-19-2019 07:00 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Hunting to find a coon and running through a woods and out the other side in a straight line are two different things. I had a dog once that every once in awhile he would "hunt" all night and never get treed. He would just ramble through the country and never come back. He would go 3 or 4 miles and never stop. I would usually get him the next morning at someone's house. Do you call that hunting?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-19-2019 at 07:09 PM

Old Post 11-19-2019 07:04 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
I agree to some extent.

Richard and Rock, if you guide to a place that just isn't big enough for 4 dogs to be able to tree 4 different coons then you probably shouldn't guide. That's all I'm saying. Now are some of the handlers to blame for the dogs going through a 3 mile section and not even hunting it, yes. But if you're basing your ground off of your dog that hunts around you (within 300-600 yards) but get torn up over someone else's dog going to find a coon at .75 or a mile then I'd say you're ground isn't very good or you don't like a dog that trees coon instead of slick den trees. How many dogs blow through these sections of woods without treeing a coon? How often does it happen?

Its not too uncommon here to cast a dog any given night and not get something going in 2 hours. It doesn't happen every night but it does happen just like any where in the country. I have been guilty of correcting a dog when it comes into another dog, but it came from a long ways off to get there. Not 200 yards but anything over 400, it better find its own to run. I personally like close and lonely dogs. The type that can tree any type of coon and look good doing it. But I don't like grass growing under their feet either. I like 1 to move around but hunt from the time its unsnapped and tree a coon whether its 50 yards or 2 miles.

Eric you just have no clue . I hunt big enough grounds for two casts to hunt two hours, and have, but them all alone idiots have ruined it. simple and true. No need to reply. It tarnishes your image when you speak about a persons ground and have never been to it. You probably don't even know where Georgia is.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-21-2019 02:59 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
I agree to some extent.

Richard and Rock, if you guide to a place that just isn't big enough for 4 dogs to be able to tree 4 different coons then you probably shouldn't guide. That's all I'm saying. Now are some of the handlers to blame for the dogs going through a 3 mile section and not even hunting it, yes. But if you're basing your ground off of your dog that hunts around you (within 300-600 yards) but get torn up over someone else's dog going to find a coon at .75 or a mile then I'd say you're ground isn't very good or you don't like a dog that trees coon instead of slick den trees. How many dogs blow through these sections of woods without treeing a coon? How often does it happen?

Its not too uncommon here to cast a dog any given night and not get something going in 2 hours. It doesn't happen every night but it does happen just like any where in the country. I have been guilty of correcting a dog when it comes into another dog, but it came from a long ways off to get there. Not 200 yards but anything over 400, it better find its own to run. I personally like close and lonely dogs. The type that can tree any type of coon and look good doing it. But I don't like grass growing under their feet either. I like 1 to move around but hunt from the time its unsnapped and tree a coon whether its 50 yards or 2 miles.

Eric you just have no clue . I hunt big enough grounds for two casts to hunt two hours, and have, but them all alone idiots have ruined it. simple and true. No need to reply. It tarnishes your image when you speak about a persons ground and have never been to it. You probably don't even know where Georgia is.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-21-2019 03:00 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Mr. Rock Johnson, I see your valid point on hunting ground it is a problem with many and a good post but what if anything does that have to do with whether a HD can or cannot leave the grounds? MOH or HD cannot fix that issue and whether or not one is present doesn't either.
There are clubs that need every available guide, clubs where the best guide may also be the HD and clubs where everyone just wants to hunt. My self if our in house MOH wants to hunt and needs me to be a HD for the night I just want the right to leave to go uptown to the restroom when ours are winterized or to go to the grocery store for something I have forgotten.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-21-2019 05:10 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

My point is next year when everybody is trying to get their cast wins for the big show we don’t know if we are going to have 5 dogs or 50 dogs show up you need everybody available to make sure they get to hunt.

Tar

Old Post 11-21-2019 11:39 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson

Just like I'm sure you'll tell me I live up north in the land of plenty. My point was the fact it doesn't happen on every cast you guide. And if it did, you'd know to take them to a different spot. I don't worry about what you or anyone thinks of me or my image. But by the Georgia comment I'd say you showed YOUR image loud n clear. Not every trainer or handler works their dog over for being close to other dogs.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 11-22-2019 02:10 AM
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

ALLEN / TODD

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!

I'm try'n to holler out Allen and/or Todd to chime in on this subject and put it to rest one way or the other?!?

There's been 7 pages and about 6,400 views on this one. There's about 2,500 views and a 82% YES vote for the "option" to let the HD hunt on a different poll thread.

There's still time to go with the 82% majority opinion in 2020 while making UKC more $ in the process. This "option" would also allow the 18% to let someone sit at the club house if that's what they choose.

In 7 pages I've seen NOTHING that wouldn't qualify allowing this simple, already proven to work, "option" as a NO BRAINER.

The customers have given their opinions, now it's all up to UKC. From here on out we're just burn'n daylight and kick'n the can down the road.

What do you say Allen/Todd, yes or no?

402-209-5053

Last edited by G.W. Harring on 11-23-2019 at 06:53 PM

Old Post 11-23-2019 06:46 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young09
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Corey Gruver

quote:
Originally posted by Corey Gruver
Clubs that do not have enough people to facilitate a panel (or low man power in general) should probably have a licensed MOH to rely on instead of utilizing the Hunt Director format...

And if they can't facilitate a licensed official or enough man power to have a panel assist a hunt director, should they even be holding events?

Believe me, I'm not trying to be hard on new clubs or clubs that might be sitting upon hard times, it's just the point. No club should be run by one singular person, and any of you that are experiencing that, I'm very sorry to hear that!

Cory, in my opinion you entirely have the wrong thought process on this. Simply put there are many small clubs in rural areas that don't draw big numbers, but have dedicated hunters. Those same clubs like the hunt director format because lot of hunters everywhere will absolutely not become a master of hounds. Some may not be able to pass the test & some just won't be a MOH because if they're not hunting they aren't going to help the local clubs out like a lot of the fellows in rural areas do for all the local clubs because there aren't any moh available. These small clubs are just as much a part of the grass root of coon hunting as any big clubs are & if they want to hold hunts they absolutely should be allowed to. I for one also think UKC should let one hour weeknight hunts be held & they should also have a UKC rep available any time a hunts are going on. UKC would definitely benefit financially a huge amount by this & wouldn't have to worry about who was number 1 either. Of course they evidently have all the money they need rolling in since they have the best registry there is & evidently they know it too.

Old Post 11-23-2019 11:08 PM
Les Young09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young09 Click here to Send Les Young09 a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young09 Find more posts by Les Young09 Add Les Young09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

Re: ALLEN / TODD

quote:
Originally posted by G.W. Harring
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!

I'm try'n to holler out Allen and/or Todd to chime in on this subject and put it to rest one way or the other?!?

There's been 7 pages and about 6,400 views on this one. There's about 2,500 views and a 82% YES vote for the "option" to let the HD hunt on a different poll thread.

There's still time to go with the 82% majority opinion in 2020 while making UKC more $ in the process. This "option" would also allow the 18% to let someone sit at the club house if that's what they choose.

In 7 pages I've seen NOTHING that wouldn't qualify allowing this simple, already proven to work, "option" as a NO BRAINER.

The customers have given their opinions, now it's all up to UKC. From here on out we're just burn'n daylight and kick'n the can down the road.

What do you say Allen/Todd, yes or no?

Yooohooo! It's that BIG gray thing with the trunk!! LOL

C'mon Allen don't leave us hang'n over the holiday?!?!

The expression "elephant in the room" (usually "the elephant in the room") or "the elephant in the living room"[1][2] is a metaphorical idiom in English for an important or enormous topic, problem, or risk that is obvious or that everyone knows about but no one mentions or wants to discuss because it makes at least some of them uncomfortable or is personally, socially, or politically embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory, or dangerous.[3][4]

402-209-5053

Old Post 11-25-2019 04:10 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I don't see why the hunt director can't hunt but is it really an "enormous problem"? How long have we had Hunt Directors? They have never been allowed to hunt have they? Is this really "embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory or dangerous? Is coonhunting as we know it going to come to an end if hunt directors are not allowed to hunt? Or will it merely be an inconvenience for the hunt director at a very few hunts. At our hunts, the Hunt Director just has someone hunt their dog.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-25-2019 at 04:35 PM

Old Post 11-25-2019 04:33 PM
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, I don't see why the hunt director can't hunt but is it really an "enormous problem"? How long have we had Hunt Directors? They have never been allowed to hunt have they? Is this really "embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory or dangerous? Is coonhunting as we know it going to come to an end if hunt directors are not allowed to hunt? Or will it merely be an inconvenience for the hunt director at a very few hunts. At our hunts, the Hunt Director just has someone hunt their dog.

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, that's way too many questions!! LOL

I think you've redefined the term "Questioning Attitude" LOL

I'll make you a deal Mr. Lambert, I'll answer your 5...no, 6 questions (you must have wore out the ? mark key on that last one) if you answer my 1 question first.

Based on the 7 previous pages, can you give (1) GOOD reason not to let the HD hunt as an "option" when you weigh out all of the pros vs cons discussed?

(Hint: This should be an easy one for you since THERE WERE NO GOOD REASONS discussed as to why you wouldn't let the HD hunt. If any, defiantly nothing to out weigh the pros.)

Keep in mind, if it was granted as an "option" and decided within the next month...in 2020 you could still choose whatever works for you "at your hunts" and others could do the same at their hunts.
If you wanted to volunteer at your next hunt to NOT hunt and be the HD, you could. OR, if you wanted to volunteer at your next hunt to be the HD and still hunt your dog you could do that too. Pay your entry to UKC and giddy up. If they needed an extra guide, you could. If you needed an extra judge you could do that too.

402-209-5053

Old Post 11-25-2019 05:21 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I just want some direction from the brass on this with the new programs there will be hunters coming to the small clubs in numbers they are not used to we don’t know if we will have 5 or 50 at least answer these two questions.

1. May the hunt director at least in the event he has more hunters than guides leave long enough to drop out cast ?

2. Or if we run out of guides just go to first come first serve and send the other hunters back home.

If this is not responded to I will just use option number 2.

Tar

Old Post 11-25-2019 09:46 PM
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

2. Or if we run out of guides just go to first come first serve and send the other hunters back home.

Tar

Come early. Get a bowl of Gumbo and a Guide. Come late, better have already ate. Lol

Old Post 11-25-2019 11:52 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

I usually am hunt director at our club so members can hunt and a handler can hunt my hound,is gives younger members more chances to hunt and maybe pick up another entry or two.

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 11-26-2019 07:22 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

I usually am hunt director at our club so members can hunt and a handler can hunt my hound,it gives younger members more chances to hunt and maybe pick up another entry or two.

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 11-26-2019 07:22 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Change rule 12. (c) to read
MOH/HD must be present at all times at any open event with (16) or more entries. All major events including any Purina Points events must have a MOH present on grounds.

Change 3rd sentence in 16(a) to read the following... It may be scored with a question mark (?) to be reviewed by the MOH/panel. A fee of $25 for each question must be paid previous to the question(s) being heard.

16. (b) 3. Change last sentence to read the following...
Any handler not satisfied with the out come retains the right to place a (?) to be reviewed by the MOH/panel. A fee of $25 for each question must be paid previous to the question(s) being heard.

Panels
1. In order to form a panel a $25 Panel Fee must be paid for each question previous to question(s) being heard.
Appeals
3. Appeals must be submitted to the MOH/HD with a fee of $100.

*In the event that a MOH/panel or appeal is ruled in favor of the person placing the question or appeal all fees will be returned. If the MOH/ panel or appeal is ruled against fees will be retained by UKC to be submitted to the youth fund.

There I fixed it...

402-209-5053

Old Post 11-27-2019 06:14 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
At our hunts, the Hunt Director just has someone hunt their dog.

There you have it folks ! You just have to find a loophole - problem solved ! Richard i didnt know you was so sly

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 11-27-2019 06:27 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
At our hunts, the Hunt Director just has someone hunt their dog.

There you have it folks ! You just have to find a loophole - problem solved ! Richard i didnt know you was so sly

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 11-27-2019 06:27 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

I got the answer :

quote:
When ever we try to get them to do what they don’t want to we get the silent treatment !!

Tar

402-209-5053

Old Post 11-27-2019 06:31 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
I just want some direction from the brass on this with the new programs there will be hunters coming to the small clubs in numbers they are not used to we don’t know if we will have 5 or 50 at least answer these two questions.

1. May the hunt director at least in the event he has more hunters than guides leave long enough to drop out cast ?

If this is not responded to I will just use option number 2.

Tar

I'm sorry I can't tell you what you want to hear but the rulebook is clear and answers this question.

Secondly, I understand those who feel strongly that we should change this policy. We considered it and decided to take it to the Rules Committee. They discussed it and made their points. It didn't pass. Therefore, we have no intentions other than to keep the HD policy as is.

We can all agree to not always agree. This topic may be one of those. We can also do so without disrespecting those who don't agree.

Old Post 11-27-2019 07:53 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote