UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Combo dog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
camaroracer
UKC Forum Member

Combo dog

Witch line of cur dog works best for coon and squirrel? Cur hound mix maybe?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2017 02:32 AM
camaroracer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for camaroracer Click here to Send camaroracer a Private Message Click Here to Email camaroracer Find more posts by camaroracer Add camaroracer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camaroracer
UKC Forum Member

I can't believe nobody has an opinion on this.

Old Post 08-10-2017 02:21 AM
camaroracer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for camaroracer Click here to Send camaroracer a Private Message Click Here to Email camaroracer Find more posts by camaroracer Add camaroracer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

The reason you have not received an opinion is that there is NO real good answer here.

I've hunted with a lot of curs, some were really great squirrel dogs, others that were really great coon dogs....but very few that were equally great on BOTH.

Know that any of the current lines can make a good dog.....but there is no single line (it boils down the individual dog) that make an outstanding combo dog.

I personally believe the pure curs make the best combo dogs....

Old Post 08-12-2017 03:05 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knockemstiffeng
UKC Forum Member

Norwegian Elkhound

Old Post 08-13-2017 01:53 AM
knockemstiffeng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knockemstiffeng Click here to Send knockemstiffeng a Private Message Click Here to Email knockemstiffeng Find more posts by knockemstiffeng Add knockemstiffeng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bear Wallow
UKC Forum Member

COMBO DOG

Hard to find-Treeing Tenn.Brindle .Look on Facebook under that name.

Old Post 08-13-2017 07:24 PM
Bear Wallow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Wallow Click here to Send Bear Wallow a Private Message Click Here to Email Bear Wallow Find more posts by Bear Wallow Add Bear Wallow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by knockemstiffeng
Norwegian Elkhound
hunted with 2 years ago that were nice. Laikas make nice ones too. I've hunted with walkers that were nice combo dogs. A friend of mine had a three footed mt fiest, born that way,that was tuff combo dog. My best hunting friend had a black mouth cur that was real good. Like fellow above said,it depends on dog and the relationship it has with hunter too.

Old Post 08-13-2017 07:45 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote